• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor |OT| Super Giant Sword

Supergiant just posted a pic of the physical OST on their Twitter:

hT004HS.jpg

Ordered mine this morning. Btw I didn't know you would get a digital download of the OST if you ordered the physical release because the store description didn't mention it (I think), so I was pleasantly surprised to find a download link in my email today :D.

Looks good! I just placed my order.

And the item description for the physical release does mention that you receive a complementary digital version.

kubus

Looks good! I just placed my order.

And the item description for the physical release does mention that you receive a ceomplementary digital version.
Looking at the item description again, yeah it does mention it... I swear I read it like 5 times to check if there's a download included.. I hope they added that later or I might have to get my eyes checked, lol.

LiK

Just beat it. Really cool story and awesome final boss battle. Played a lil bit of Recursion mode and it looks like they're already having fun with it like they did with NG+ in Bastion. I'll play through Recursion mode in the future cuz I wanna Plat the game.

David___

Banned
Got the Platinum earlier. Went in blind only going off of people's opinions of Bastion since I never got to play it. Well worth the $20. Thanks for the amazing game Super Giant :)

Finished it a few hours ago and already in recursion mode, still no official spoiler thread up yet? Will there ever be one?

Edit: Ach, PS4 shut down randomly right as I completed the last speed test, now it's saying my save data is corrupted and it's starting me from the very start of the game, i.e. level 1

How do I go about fixing this?

Checked online storage and the last save was from Wednesday, local save data is just showing as corrupt... am I just fucked then? Because I don't have the interest in grinding through the game for the first time again. Can anyone guess why it wasn't uploading my most recent saves to cloud storage?

Final edit: Yep I'm screwed, managed to recover a save from Wednesday night, but still, Kasavin and co. please add a manual saving option.

What happens when you have the 2x cell limiter and don't collect the weed cells in time (note, weeds can heal allies in their vicinity):

My PS4 was coming to a grinding halt where each switch() second would last for 2-3 times longer.
Had to resort to one by one melee.

What happens when you have the 2x cell limiter and don't collect the weed cells in time (note, weeds can heal allies in their vicinity):

My PS4 was coming to a grinding halt where each switch() second would last for 2-3 times longer.
Had to resort to one by one melee.
Bounce + Flood/Tap

so good

Miker

To players say they're mostly playing in real-time: is there something later on that makes it more feasible? I played about two hours of it and it seems like the combat is extremely clumsy in real-time due to long animations, to the point where I'm just jaunting around waiting for my cooldown to end.

Trey

Who thought the -6 or more MEM limiter was a good idea? I'm keeping this one permanently off as soon as I get the achievement for having all limiters on for five fights. Man.

Finally beat the game. It was glorious - I loved the ending. Nothing pretentious about it.
In fact, I'm glad the story didn't try to pull a fast one or anything. The sword kept talking about loving Red, so I'm glad he turned out to be her lover. Very simple characterization, but it was effective to me.

To players say they're mostly playing in real-time: is there something later on that makes it more feasible? I played about two hours of it and it seems like the combat is extremely clumsy in real-time due to long animations, to the point where I'm just jaunting around waiting for my cooldown to end.

Just the amount of functions and their combinations. As well as natural skill increase as you get more comfortable with the game.

Miker

Just the amount of functions and their combinations. As well as natural skill increase as you get more comfortable with the game.

Huh. I guess we'll see. Some of the animations feel like they take years in real time, especially when Red is shuffling around at the speed of slow.

Vire

Huh. I guess we'll see. Some of the animations feel like they take years in real time, especially when Red is shuffling around at the speed of slow.

It's pretty clear that some skills were made in mind for tactical view and others were made for real time gameplay.

There are definitely, plenty that are functional and useful in real time. (Pulse, Spark, Get, Ping)

aparisi2274

just a qq for those who have beaten the game...

I am currently level 7, and I am in the process of
Shutting off the firewalls to get into the Camerata door, after searching through the archives and maintenance area.
How much more until I am at the end of the game?

LiK

Shutting off the firewalls to get into the Camerata door, after searching through the archives and maintenance area.

another chunk to go

Servbot24

Banned
Goddamn I wanna play this game. Unfortunately on Mac and no PS4 yet. How long does it take to beat the game/ is there a much replay value?

destrudo

I really really wish this game was longer...

There's so much variation in the combat and yet even with the limiters, recursion, and the challenge rooms it's all a bit too easy and I never really felt like I needed to master everything. I feel like the game play alone could keep me entertained for a lot longer if there was the incentive to do so.

Anyways, loved the game. It reminded me of Parasite Eve, and that's a good thing!

destrudo

Goddamn I wanna play this game. Unfortunately on Mac and no PS4 yet. How long does it take to beat the game/ is there a much replay value?

Took me 6 hours on a first run (that's with challenge rooms and messing around) and then another 3 on a second run of new game+ (which keeps all your levels and abilities except now there's harder enemy variations).

Grief.exe

~70% give or take

Took me 6 hours on a first run (that's with challenge rooms and messing around) and then another 3 on a second run of new game+ (which keeps all your levels and abilities except now there's harder enemy variations).

You steamrolled through the game at those speeds.

The combat system has so serious depth, which gives some solid replay value.

Bastion did come to both Mac and Linux eventually, so there is a good chance Transistor will as well.
You should, at the very least, set up bootcamp so you can play PC exclusives.

Cerity

Took me about 6 hours as well but I didn't really spend that much time as I should have messing with functions. Instead I just went with some basic combos that the tests showed me. Void,Cull, Mask and Ping pretty much made the last quarter of the game an absolute cinch. Will spend recursion playing with the functions more and trying for massive damage.

I feel the game was viciously easy through all playthroughs, most of their worlds feel so empty and barren though I wouldn't mind the next game they make to be more full of life with alot more character ineractions..they are on a good solid road into that direction

Sami+

Oh, damn. Just wiped out the room
where you're expected to sneak past six young ladies
. Thought I'd get a huge EXP bonus. :C

Echo Six

Neo Member
Music was mindblowingly good. Especially liked the guitar backing in tracks like Gateless, The Spine and Old Friends. Not sure how to describe it, kinda moody/atmospheric but with a strong beat behind it? Not a very good description but does anyone know of some more artists that have that kind of style?

I struggle so hard with battle. I get gang banged pretty often. I feel I'm so weak and enemies spams me so much. The dog is a pain, the jerk is a pain. I just use the cluster skill and spam that and use the dash to dodge but I'm not having fun

Rodelero

I struggle so hard with battle. I get gang banged pretty often. I feel I'm so weak and enemies spams me so much. The dog is a pain, the jerk is a pain. I just use the cluster skill and spam that and use the dash to dodge but I'm not having fun

Obviously I don't know what powers you have, but fetch process are definitely worth switching your setup for. They're an enemy which is very difficult to dodge consistently. If they attack and you aren't moving perpendicularly, they'll hit you almost every time. There are a number of functions, and combinations of functions, that work really well. I don't want to necessarily give them to you, but know that they're there and think about what might help with them.

Just one (not that obvious) example to get you thinking, using relative early powers:

Breach() + Jaunt() + Ping()
Breach() has will knock them away, giving you time
Ping() will make Breach faster to fire
Jaunt() will make Breach work in downtime

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I dunno what to think about the game. I'm two hours in (so approximately a third through) and....I dunno. I don't really enjoy the fighting system. It has the same problems that I did have with Borderlands 2, in there are a ton of combinations but none of them feel really good (to me obv.). I'm just not having a great time, and that makes me sad cause I really, really, REALLY loved Bastion and I really want to like this game.

Maybe the biggest disappointment so far is, and I can't believe I'm about to say that, the soundtrack. I just....I just don't really care for it. It's not bad, far from it, but I've not heard any tune so far that I want to listen to outside of the game. I have the entire Bastion soundtrack on my phone cause I love every track but here...it just doesn't grab me.

It's obviously not a bad game, even though I don't really enjoy it I can see how well designed and thought out it is, but I'm not sure I really want to finish it. I'm just not having fun. It's just not for me I guess.

Grief.exe

Obviously I don't know what powers you have, but fetch process are definitely worth switching your setup for. They're an enemy which is very difficult to dodge consistently. If they attack and you aren't moving perpendicularly, they'll hit you almost every time. There are a number of functions, and combinations of functions, that work really well. I don't want to necessarily give them to you, but know that they're there and think about what might help with them.

Fetch is the most frustrating enemy in the game.

I dunno what to think about the game. I'm two hours in (so approximately a third through) and....I dunno. I don't really enjoy the fighting system. It has the same problems that I did have with Borderlands 2, in there are a ton of combinations but none of them feel really good (to me obv.). I'm just not having a great time, and that makes me sad cause I really, really, REALLY loved Bastion and I really want to like this game.

Maybe the biggest disappointment so far is, and I can't believe I'm about to say that, the soundtrack. I just....I just don't really care for it. It's not bad, far from it, but I've not heard any tune so far that I want to listen to outside of the game. I have the entire Bastion soundtrack on my phone cause I love every track but here...it just doesn't grab me.

It's obviously not a bad game, even though I don't really enjoy it I can see how well designed and thought out it is, but I'm not sure I really want to finish it. I'm just not having fun. It's just not for me I guess.

Try switching up your combat style, a good piece of obvious is attach Jaunt to a ranged attack so you are always doing something.

My first play through I spent the majority of the time in planning mode, in NG+ I have been mostly attacking during realtime.

Top Bottom