• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor |OT| Super Giant Sword

Shiokazu

Steam says 4 days and 4 hours.

The%20Hype%20Ride.jpg

sharnaak

I'll grab this on steam, meanwhile i ordered the physical copy of the soundtrack, didn't want my bastion cd to feel lonely.

Jomjom

Banned
Just found out that there was a physical soundtrack. Preordered immediately. Can't wait until the digital version releases (although I probably shouldn't listen to everything before I finish the game). I'm so freaking hyped for this game, I think it's going to be the first game that pulls me away from my FFXIV addiction.

sarcoa

Goin into this completely dark (which is actually really nice) but I bet that trailer is dope.
I've played through Transistor twice now and the launch trailer's not spoilery. The voiceover it uses isn't even pulled from the game. Seems uniquely crafted to outline the premise.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm 100% buying this just because I liked Bastion so much and I want to support these guys. The game does look good though.

Watching some old bastion gameplay, I forgot how cool that game actually was.Watching it with headphones on, and it's more compelling and now in retrospect I'm sad I couldn't experience it like this back in 2011 because my old tv was crap. It's more immersive this way, but thanks to the PS4s 3rd best feature (non-propitiatory 3.5 mm jack) I won't make the same mistake.

calder

That launch trailer is bloody amazing. Extra glad it's a long weekend, having Monday off will make the wait to play this a bit easier to take.

mileS

Yea that's a great launch trailer. Just enough to get you to want to play, but not showing too much. Also the music is incredible.

I read somewhere that this game is much more animation intensive than bastion (part of the reason it's only on PS4/PC). I can't remember where I read that, does anyone else remember that? Greg perhaps?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The game is gem.. Highly replayable.

I just got 100% achievement completion in Bastion. Only took 45 hours, from start to finish, between my first playthrough in 2012 and the one I just finished now. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

Feels so fuckin' good, like I really earned these. I'm hoping Transistor has the same thing.

Jesb

I've only played a few levels of bastion on my iPad but that game looks more interesting to me than this. Speaking of which I should try and go through the rest of the game. Kind of wish I had bought this on PC instead of my ipad though. Would double dip if released on PS4 or Vita.

I'm so excited for Transistor, I bought my PS4 partly because of this game... Ok Mostly because of this game. Even though I'm completely OK with digital, I wish there was a physical version of the game. The artwork would look so good on the box and a special art book.

Kudos to Supergiant for that launch trailer that doesn't feel spoilery at all (only thing I wish it had more was that beautiful song from the reveal trailer). Wish more studios would do that (I'm looking at you Kojima). Also, even more kudos for not releasing gazillion trailers, detailing every last little thing in the game.

can´t wait to play this one, i also feel that i should have bought the soundtrack, well it´s not like that is gonna be difficult to change

solarus

I've only played a few levels of bastion on my iPad but that game looks more interesting to me than this. Speaking of which I should try and go through the rest of the game. Kind of wish I had bought this on PC instead of my ipad though. Would double dip if released on PS4 or Vita.
Ipad is no place to play bastion for the first time, it really isnt. Do yourself a favour and play it in pc.

Slixshot

Banned
I wish there was something we could have the photoshop artists of Gaf plug into our avatars (like the infamous second son beanie). Like the sword or the logo or something. Hell, I'd take her hair.

Grief.exe

I just got 100% achievement completion in Bastion. Only took 45 hours, from start to finish, between my first playthrough in 2012 and the one I just finished now. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

Feels so fuckin' good, like I really earned these. I'm hoping Transistor has the same thing.

Impressive. Some of the achievements in Bastion look quite difficult.

hohoXD123

It's so much more enjoyable with physical controls.
Also I can't remember if this is right but aren't the animations etc in the ios version 30fps?

Not sure tbh. The touch controls can get a bit annoying but I thought it was pretty solid, especially compared to other ports out there, and it looks amazing on the retina display imo. May give it a try on PC at some point.

I wish there was something we could have the photoshop artists of Gaf plug into our avatars (like the infamous second son beanie). Like the sword or the logo or something. Hell, I'd take her hair.

You mean a render like this?

Top Bottom