• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tree of Savior |OT| Free to Play Now Open

Kyuur

Lag seems way better in Orsha starting area now on Klaipeda (watching friends play)! Only another hour or so ~_~

BizzyBum

What's everyone's preferred controls? Keyboard, mouse, or pad? Keyboard seems kinda weird so I might switch to mouse movement.

Does the later PVE content in this game become challenging at all? I'm thinking of jumping in but if everything is gonna be easy and unsatisfying I don't know if I should

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Does the later PVE content in this game become challenging at all? I'm thinking of jumping in but if everything is gonna be easy and unsatisfying I don't know if I should
Only had two bosses give me trouble (Poison worm and something else in temple) in 90 hours of PvE, later game stuff might get harder.

BizzyBum

Question: If I use a Founder's Server item like the token on one character and want to make a new character or delete and re-do the one I made can I use these again for my account or is it once only?

Raide

If you intend to Solo the majority of the time, some classes and builds have it way easier than others. The early chunk of the game is pretty easy but certain bosses and maps can cause heartache really quickly, especially if you're not geared well.

Caim

Question: If I use a Founder's Server item like the token on one character and want to make a new character or delete and re-do the one I made can I use these again for my account or is it once only?

You mean the items you get from what tier you pay for? I think the items can only be redeemed on one character, but the benefits of Token (Premium) will be active for all characters.

BizzyBum

You mean the items you get from what tier you pay for? I think the items can only be redeemed on one character, but the benefits of Token (Premium) will be active for all characters.

I see, thanks.

I don't even think I want to play yet. The lag is really bad. I've taken like 4 quests and none of them are showing up in my journal and I don't see a way to track them.

Caim

I see, thanks.

I don't even think I want to play yet. The lag is really bad. I've taken like 4 quests and none of them are showing up in my journal and I don't see a way to track them.

Yeah it's pretty bad right now. Sometimes changing channels will help.

Zipzo

Banned
I'm a bit distressed that experimentation is essentially highly discouraged by a lack of an accessible means to re-pick your class rank path. nobody knows exactly what they want to be in a game with this many choices without actually playing first. Just silly IMO. Even the paid item doesn't let you repick..

I'm a bit distressed that experimentation is essentially highly discouraged by a lack of an accessible means to re-pick your class rank path. nobody knows exactly what they want to be in a game with this many choices without actually playing first. Just silly IMO. Even the paid item doesn't let you repick..

Yeah, that's the one thing I really, REALLY wish they would add to the game. Even if it costs a ton of silver, some way to re-class would be fantastic.

Kyuur

Started playing, having a blast again! Same lag issues as CBT but maybe will stabilize over the next bit.

The idea is that you make more than one character. They even have systems in place to supplement.

Zero queue to get onto the server at the moment, but the lag is pretty bad. Things like turning in missions or leveling up can hang for a minute or two.

TheChaos0

I've eyeing this since the original Korean reveal. I don't really have time to spend on MMOs but I'm definitely trying out once F2P is out.

Ryuuga

Banned
Welp I got the advancement bug:
71ed9cbc481a37e919b6f01e16b617982f85425f_1_690x388.jpg

Not my screenshot, but it brings up this upon clicking "advancement" and little else can be done from this screen forward. There is no fix for this or word on when it will be resolved. I tried verifying the steam cache and restarting steam outright to no resolution.

IIRC, theyhave some systems were the more high level characters you have on your lodge, the easier it is to level an alt. So if you somehow screw the build of a character, making a new one is not that bad.

HyperOne

Banned
I would kill to have this and this style as a SRPG instead of another throwaway FTP MMORPG of the million available...

I really do think the art style is sick.

Ploid 3.0

I can not log on today. It says connecting to server but then it stops and I can try to connect again, and it never gets past that.

Seil

I can not log on today. It says connecting to server but then it stops and I can try to connect again, and it never gets past that.

Happened earlier too, just hit enter once and leave it be. It'll take a while, though.

That said, even when you get in game things aren't great right now. The server's horribly overpopulated, yet there's no queue. I don't really understand why they haven't forced a lower limit and made use of the queue when they're aware of the problems and say they're doing what they can to fix it... I hate long queues as much as the next guy I waited over 2 hours earlier, but right now with this insane delay on everything, often requiring changing channels numerous times to get a quest to actually complete or update...

I watched a gem drop of mine despawn earlier. I was right there, trying to get it, untill it eventually despawned... And I'm so tired of completing the same wave of enemies over and over on different channels praying the quest they're part of finally updates... Yet here I am, still trying to play anyway lol.

Owari

Plopped down $10 just to play. Currently downloading. Not going to pay into that token crap and support bad business decisions, but I still want to play. Any must-read resources I should dig into before beginning? Seems like what you choose as far as stats is pretty much concrete.

Zipzo

Banned
Plopped down $10 just to play. Currently downloading. Not going to pay into that token crap and support bad business decisions, but I still want to play. Any must-read resources I should dig into before beginning? Seems like what you choose as far as stats is pretty much concrete.

For the record, what they're doing with the token is not unique. Other f2p games with massive success do the exact same thing.

Zipzo

Banned
Yeah, I know. It's a valid business model. I just wish it weren't so limiting..
I think my main issue is this...

This feels like one of those games where, mechanically and gameplay wise, is INCREDIBLY satisfying, but only the technical details of the devs and details surrounding the shop are executed...imperfectly that bring that high down to a positive-leaning "meh".

For all intents and purposes the game itself just feels great to play aside from that.

Owari

I think my main issue is this...

This feels like one of those games where, mechanically and gameplay wise, is INCREDIBLY satisfying, but only the technical details of the devs and details surrounding the shop are executed...imperfectly that bring that high down to a positive-leaning "meh".

For all intents and purposes the game itself just feels great to play aside from that.
I loved the beta, so I decided to give this a shot. If anything I'll just pop in to get my RO fix, but if the game shows promise I could see me buying some tokens here and there. I got to level 11 in like an hour so that's a good sign. At least it's not a total grind fest like IRO.

whyman

What's everyone's preferred controls? Keyboard, mouse, or pad? Keyboard seems kinda weird so I might switch to mouse movement.

Im playing Swordsman with controller and a mouse in comfortable reach distance. Played 8 hours, controls great and game is tons of fun!

My friends are all jumping in on this, so I bought the cheapest DLC to gain early access. Seems like a fun game but I wonder if I have enough time to play it properly...

Ayumi

Pyon.

Can I use this OT even though I intend on playing the Japanese version?
Waiting for news.. still in beta stage, unfortunately. :<

Ryuuga

Banned
What is up with this awful framerate, it's always around 30 or lower..

It was my main complaint since the initial beta and nothing seems to have changed. The game just doesn't make effective use of multi-core processors. Also the GPU is barely being used at all.

Kyuur

Played for a decent while with a 5-man party almost the entire way through yesterday evening. Went with Orsha since we played through Klaipeda's start at least a couple times in CBT (although I'm curious to see if there are any changes to bring it up to par).

My general impression of Orsha's 'tutorial' is that it is designed much better than Klaipeda's. The monsters are much more varied in each area, bosses are less frequent, maps have more interesting structure. The first dungeon ala Klaipeda's mine is packed, much more like the later Cathedral, which is great. It also has some repeatables which is nice (but not really necessary given you'll be blasting through these levels). Map completion and monster kill bonuses are awesome, gives more goals to attain and more reason to explore. Same with there being collections for most of the maps, if it persists through the rest of the game I'll be very busy.

Even with all the lag, made it to LV30~/R2LV10~ in a couple hours play. My first character plan is AAHHHFaFa -- need to do some testing when I hit Hunter to see where skill damage is coming from (my stats, companion's stats or some mix) and hope that falcons work the same way, since there isn't much info!

Does anyone know if it's possible to change a character's gender?

Not that I'm aware.

Pyon.

Can I use this OT even though I intend on playing the Japanese version?
Waiting for news.. still in beta stage, unfortunately. :<

I don't see why not!

Has this game changed any since the beta? I had a decent time with it but the leveling experience was all over the place.

If you're talking about the exp curve resets, pretty sure that's still the same. The idea is that it matches up with your class change. As for the game, yeah it's changed quite a bit. Besides the stuff in OP I posted a list a little while back, plus see impressions. :)

Welp I got the advancement bug:

Not my screenshot, but it brings up this upon clicking "advancement" and little else can be done from this screen forward. There is no fix for this or word on when it will be resolved. I tried verifying the steam cache and restarting steam outright to no resolution.

Hope you can past this. :( Can you advance just by going to your respective master manually?

theta11

So far, woke up at 8 at this morning, spent two hours in a 250 queue, about 1 hour of that was spent in 35-25. I don't understand this queue at all. I'm currently 24, just going to leave the game running so I can play when I get back.

EDIT: Game crashed at 24, 1041 in queue... At least it crashed while I was still home?

Played for a decent while with a 5-man party almost the entire way through yesterday evening. Went with Orsha since we played through Klaipeda's start at least a couple times in CBT (although I'm curious to see if there are any changes to bring it up to par).

My general impression of Orsha's 'tutorial' is that it is designed much better than Klaipeda's. The monsters are much more varied in each area, bosses are less frequent, maps have more interesting structure. The first dungeon ala Klaipeda's mine is packed, much more like the later Cathedral, which is great. It also has some repeatables which is nice (but not really necessary given you'll be blasting through these levels). Map completion and monster kill bonuses are awesome, gives more goals to attain and more reason to explore. Same with there being collections for most of the maps, if it persists through the rest of the game I'll be very busy.

Even with all the lag, made it to LV30~/R2LV10~ in a couple hours play. My first character plan is AAHHHFaFa -- need to do some testing when I hit Hunter to see where skill damage is coming from (my stats, companion's stats or some mix) and hope that falcons work the same way, since there isn't much info!

Not that I'm aware.

I don't see why not!

If you're talking about the exp curve resets, pretty sure that's still the same. The idea is that it matches up with your class change. As for the game, yeah it's changed quite a bit. Besides the stuff in OP I posted a list a little while back, plus see impressions. :)

Hope you can past this. :( Can you advance just by going to your respective master manually?

Yeah, I started on Orsha too and so far it seems much more streamlined than Klaipeda, but without being too linear. Exploring is rewarded with more quests that facilitate leveling even more, which is welcome as well. Just a question: you talk about map completion rewards, but I completed the first two Orsha maps and I don't recall receiving any rewards! Is there anything I should do to receive them?

I played a couple of hours and did my first class advancement, plus some class levels. I think I'm around lvl 20. Planning to go SwPeHoHoHoCoCoDr

Kyuur

So far, woke up at 8 at this morning, spent two hours in a 250 queue, about 1 hour of that was spent in 35-25. I don't understand this queue at all. I'm currently 24, just going to leave the game running so I can play when I get back.

EDIT: Game crashed at 24, 1041 in queue... At least it crashed while I was still home?

What server are you on? I didn't have any queue time to just log into Klaipeda (server). I've seen some people say queue is based on channel, but not sure if that's 100% true. If you're just starting out you could try making a character in the opposite starting town too and see if you can get in easier.

Yeah, I started on Orsha too and so far it seems much more streamlined than Klaipeda, but without being too linear. Exploring is rewarded with more quests that facilitate leveling even more, which is welcome as well. Just a question: you talk about map completion rewards, but I completed the first two Orsha maps and I don't recall receiving any rewards! Is there anything I should do to receive them?

I played a couple of hours and did my first class advancement, plus some class levels. I think I'm around lvl 20. Planning to go SwPeHoHoHoCoCoDr

Talk to the Wings of Vibora in town, there is an option to tell her about your exploration.

ViviOggi

Performance is legit worth quitting over. Some of the drops feel loading-related so I'll see if moving to SSD helps but looking at the absurd CPU/GPU utilization I can't say I'm too hopeful.

Ryuuga

Banned

Sans the wizard master that gives me attributes all of them talk to me like they would any other player. This put a damper on my drive to continue leveling in fear we will eventually be told to remake our characters. I've done so twice because I originally made a character on Orsha before my friends decided to settle on Klapedia.

Velkyn

Tried to play a bit yesterday, and the latency was just unreal, much like the betas. Hope the servers get sorted out soon, I really want to play. Hopefully this scratches the RO itch I've had in my metaphoric gaming boot for years.

Zipzo

Banned
What is the highest rank at the moment? Looking at the skill builders on the fan-sites, one goes up to 7, the other only to 6.

What's the current situation with max class progression so I know what I'm doing with the skill builders?

warheat

Anyone know if using VPN will get me banned? Seriously I'm fucking pissed because I've been waiting this game for a while and it turned out it was region locked in my country because apparently some local publisher bought the license and they're known for being incompetence to run an online game so I don't want to waste my time playing the local version. Fuck this shit.

Top Bottom