• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

LevityNYC

Banned
My only complaint is the utterly busted multiplayer... My friend has been reset to level 1 TWICE (in like an hour of play!), I keep getting "undefined" maps, searching keeps failing, players getting tossed out constantly, ghost players in your party even though they turned their xbox off 15 minutes ago... It's a complete clusterfuck.

its been out a few hours. I'm sure they will fix it.

Yeah, it is. I don't know why they did it like that, cos I think whoever is at the front has a very slight advantage as it's easier to see what's going on and not get distracted by the other riders. It makes little sense when every player has their own screen, so they could all be at the front.

I like it how it is, it makes you feel like you're in a race instead of feeling like you're on your own with some other people in the background doing their own thing. It's a different kind of challenge, and it switches round every race so nobody's really disadvantaged any more than anyone else.

You couldn't all be at the front in local MP so it makes sense to have it the same in online.

atomsk

Party Pooper
just unlocked the extreme tracks, need to take a break and eat breakfast

the problem with playing so much Trials HD is now I'm gold-ing hard tracks on the first play :lol

edit: and I don't much care for most of the new skill games, but whatever, TRACK CENTRAL will fix that soon enough

This game is awesome, perfect, just some strange tearing during multiplayer, you noticed that Gaf?

And fuck, I can't stop play and review other's tracks!

If some of you want to test my best effort since yesterday try "Cross Amore" :)

U2NUMB

The ONLY thing missing is a recommend this track to friends in track central... would be very handy if I could even have tracks download to a friend feed in the Play section under Track Central.

Are anyone having issues inviting/joining friend invites? We all get a message saying our NAT configuration might restrict us from connecting to other players. That's simply not true though.

donarumo

Neo Member
Played for a half hour this morning. Initial reactions are love all around.

I noticed that the bike physics seem much less twitchy. When I land, the back tire doesn't feel like it's made out of superball rubber any more like in Trials HD and the bike wasn't flying out in front of me with the slightest touch of the gas. Could be my imagination but if not, it should make for much more control on later tracks.

I really can't stand screen tearing and I haven't noticed any in the 2 hours or so I've played. Playing at 1,680 x 1,050 via a VGA cable if that makes any difference.

There is plenty of tearing while turning the camera when you customize your rider. I've only tried the first driving test so far, and there was definitely minor tearing there as well.

I'm already friended on the Trials Gaf tag but if anyone wants to add me as a friend my tag is Curley. Want more times to TRY and beat on my friends list.

The leaderboards between my 5 or so friends that have this is already driving me to repeat the first few levels over and over... lol.

I just did a lot of unintentionally badass things on Roller Coaster that I will never be able to replicate ever again in my time with this game, and it was on my first run.

Played for 30 minutes before work today and I was hooked. This is definitely same-old Trials but the new environments are a blast to play in and the track layouts are great

Played for a half hour this morning. Initial reactions are love all around.

I noticed that the bike physics seem much less twitchy. When I land, the back tire doesn't feel like it's made out of superball rubber any more like in Trials HD and the bike wasn't flying out in front of me with the slightest touch of the gas. Could be my imagination but if not, it should make for much more control on later tracks.

Have you unlocked all the bikes? The faster two feel exactly the same as they did in HD to me.

It would be nice if they fixed stuff before the game ships. It's not like this game was rushed out the door. It's been 3 years in the making.

They've posted on their forum that they're looking into it and will be fixing it ASAP.

PaulLFC

Wanted to at least queue up the demo for when I get home, but when I click on the link to download it, I just get redirected to a Trials Evolution splash page. Anyone else had that issue with the web marketplace? UK marketplace if that helps.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wanted to at least queue up the demo for when I get home, but when I click on the link to download it, I just get redirected to a Trials Evolution splash page. Anyone else had that issue with the web marketplace? UK marketplace if that helps.

no, that link that was posted earlier got me to the download page, but only the full game - I couldn't see the demo.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Press find out more on the left.

SparkTR

Well I'm addicted, was definitely worth the $25. Considering I've come directly from Trials 2 this was a massive leap forward in features and usability.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the curved racing lines are freaking me out. I keep aiming for things that aren't there

also, went back and did the first few tracks with the 450cc bike. trolling my friends before they buy the game.

edit: I don't know about you but I'm naming the ghost timers 'judgement dots'

Top Bottom