• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

how are the leader boards separated? separate boards for Trials only mode, or is other stuff mixed in?

whats up with global rank?

thanks.

There is a separate leaderboard for each trial besides there is a global leaderboard for your overall medals and challenges, you're always be notified about friends beating our scores or when you beat any of them, finally there is the shadow of your friends of played the same track and your previous trial shadow as well!

Hope that answers your question!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There is a separate leaderboard for each trial besides there is a global leaderboard for your overall medals and challenges, you're always be notified about friends beating our scores or when you beat any of them, finally there is the shadow of your friends of played the same track and your previous trial shadow as well!

What he (me too, for that matter) wants to know is if the overall leaderboard takes all kinds of events (trials, fmx, skill games) into account or if they're separate. I.e., do you have to get good results in the non-trials events to place high on the overall leaderboard?

Daigoro

What he (me too, for that matter) wants to know is if the overall leaderboard takes all kinds of events (trials, fmx, skill games) into account or if they're separate. I.e., do you have to get good results in the non-trials events to place high on the overall leaderboard?

yep, thanks.

on the main menu is there a separate entry for leader boards? if you go in there, what's the overall breakdown? are there different categories?

thanks!

game's been out for a day or more for some people now and I cant find an answer on this, even on the official Ubi/Redlynx boards...

im goin nuts baby.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm pleased with the game. The visual are amazing, the controls are what you expect from a trials game and the tracks seem pretty well designed. I'm not sure about the whole FMX thing though. I completely ignored it for tracks that didn't require it though.

I just really wish it had online multi player. Oh well.

Got a couple #1 spots, but I expect those to be overtaken sometimes today.

Daigoro

I'm pleased with the game. The visual are amazing, the controls are what you expect from a trials game and the tracks seem pretty well designed. I'm not sure about the whole FMX thing though. I completely ignored it for tracks that didn't require it though.

I just really wish it had online multi player. Oh well.

Got a couple #1 spots, but I expect those to be overtaken sometimes today.

so, I should I just stop asking then?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
hmm ok.
the disc Version is dated for the 24. on Amazon.de..

Same here in Sweden, at all retailers as far as I can tell. No retail version for any platform until next week. Pretty weird, since it's apparently already available for purchase in at least France. I'm going digital with this game anyway, so that version had better go up on the Store tomorrow...

Daigoro

Sorry, missed that.

Regarding leader boards, it looks like it also includes FMX/Skill Games.

thanks for getting back to me. appreciate it.

were you able to unlock the extreme tracks without spending too much time dicking around with the skill games/fmx crap?

not happy about the integration of the leaderboards at all. they made the conscious decision to separate this shit for Evo after people complained about it in HD, now they fucking go and add it back, with fmx thrown in for good measure?

very lame.

Aw man, didn't auto download overnight (had to go back into the store and "purchase" it again for $0). I was hoping to play a bit before work.

eso76

So, about stuff that matters..

Track Central isn't cross platform, (yet ?).

Which makes the choice of the version to buy quite a bit harder...
I would think there's a larger community on X360 or PC...Evolution on x360 is the longest legged game i ever owned thanks to the huge amount of user created tracks.
Game was practically unlimited.

On the other hand, track central being platform specific, might mean that, for example, PS4 version allows for a larger number of objects on the track compared to X360 and higher complexity. Might.

Why so little info on the subject ?

So, about stuff that matters..

Track Central isn't cross platform, (yet ?).

Which makes the choice of the version to buy quite a bit harder...
I would think there's a larger community on X360 or PC...Evolution on x360 is the longest legged game i ever owned thanks to the huge amount of user created tracks.
Game was practically unlimited.

On the other hand, track central being platform specific, might mean that, for example, PS4 version allows for a larger number of objects on the track compared to X360 and higher complexity. Might.

Why so little info on the subject ?
Track central is platform specific I think.

I need to ask about track Central, can you only share tracks with friends in this version?
Or is it community shared levels so you can download any?

Two questions for people who got it on PS4.

1) Was the day one update available?

2) How noticeable have framerate drops and screen tearing been?

PaulLFC

Embargo for PS4, Xbone and 360: Wednesday April 16th @4pm CET
Stuff like this has to stop. Publishers shouldn't be allowed to delay reviews until after the game is released. Midnight on release day at the latest. It feels like they're intentionally trying to hide things from potential customers, hoping they'll buy the game without having chance to read a review which might change their mind.

They shouldn't even have to do that here, I mean, the game is good, right? Delaying the reviews is stupid.

styl3s

Stuff like this has to stop. Publishers shouldn't be allowed to delay reviews until after the game is released. Midnight on release day at the latest. It feels like they're intentionally trying to hide things from potential customers, hoping they'll buy the game without having chance to read a review which might change their mind.

They shouldn't even have to do that here, I mean, the game is good, right? Delaying the reviews is stupid.
People need to learn the art of patience.

Embargo =/= bad game or even mean they are hiding things. Plenty of amazing games had stupid embargos and plenty of good games have had them. You don't have to own the game the second it releases so if it's that important that you read reviews just be patient like an adult.

PaulLFC

People need to learn the art of patience.

Embargo =/= bad game or even mean they are hiding things. Plenty of amazing games had stupid embargos and plenty of good games have had them. You don't have to own the game the second it releases so if it's that important that you read reviews just be patient like an adult.
I think you're missing the point. I'm well aware that Trials should be a great game. I'm saying embargos like this in general should not exist, as they expire after the game is released, which limits customers' ability to make informed purchasing decisions should they want to buy the game on release day, due to there being no reviews for them to refer to.

It seems to me that you're suggesting day one purchasers should accept that there are no reviews and buy the game anyway - "deal with it" so to speak. I find that attitude puzzling. Why do they have less right to the reviews than those who wait until after the game is released? The whole point of a release date is that people interested in the game look forward to them, and some of those make a decision to buy the game as soon as it is released. If pre-release copies have been provided to sites for the purpose of reviews, then those reviews should be available at the latest by the start of the release day (midnight). Suggesting that shouldn't be an expectation purely because of a decision to buy day one instead of waiting is strange to say the least.

As for your last sentence, it may help for you to take your own advice about "being an adult" during discussions.

The only way you will get a $20 version is if you buy it digitally on Steam/XBL/PSN the retail version will be $40 unless UBI make a standalone version for retail which is unlikely.

So let me see if I have this straight.

You can only get the deluxe version of this game right now and the review embargo of the game is tomorrow? This seems entirely of ubisoft.

ChuckNyce

I was just coming to ask this. No way in hell I'm paying 40 for the DD. Give me a 20 or less stand alone.

Same boat. Id previously had no intention on buying at all, but the streams I've seen, along with being off work from Wisdom Teeth removal makes me wanna bite (no pun intended). $20 version will likely drop whenever they do the normal Tuesday publish. So probably somewhere between 2-5 EST if they keep with current trends.

theytookourjobz

I really wanna play this now. If the "deluxe" edition was $30 I'd probably just buy that now because I'm impatient but even as a huge Trials fan, $40 is too much.

Tattooth

Is the career levelling broken for anyone else?
Photo%2015-04-2014%2002%2016%2034%20pm.jpg
I can't unlock level 4, I got past the FMX and unlocked 5 but not 4. I even deleted my save and got to this point again, and the same thing happened. Does it matter, what does it unlock?

A post-release embargo is ridiculous.

So, this is out on PSN already... in the US? Is it out on XBox Live? I'm at work so I can't check. It's not listed on the Xbox Live games store. Is a $40 version out but not a $20 version?

Why is this so confusing?

TheMan

Hype for this seems kind of muted compared to past releases in the series. From what I've seen, this looks to be like more of the same with a superfluous trick system added on top. While more of the same isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'd rather wait for a price drop if my impression is correct. To those who have played this already, am I off the mark?

A post-release embargo is ridiculous.

So, this is out on PSN already... in the US? Is it out on XBox Live? I'm at work so I can't check. It's not listed on the Xbox Live games store. Is a $40 version out but not a $20 version?

Why is this so confusing?

The digital version has always been $20 i do not know why people are saying it is $40 which is the deluxe retail version unless Ubisoft raised the price of digital which is unlikely because they mentioned it was $20 in a press release!

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Digital deluxe is available for $40 right now on PSN US. No sign of the $20 digital version yet.

I should really finish Strider anyway.

Top Bottom