• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Overdoziz

Banned
the new unbisoft Redlynx forums are looking pretty dead. looks like a serious lack of excitement from the old community. doesn't help that the forums themselves are pretty shitacular.

this release is looking fucking grim. I cant believe that there is even the slimmest chance that I might not pick this game up immediately at launch. but everything ive been hearing lately about this game has been depressing as fuck.

no one has been able to answer the question about separate leaderboards for different game types, but im still holding out hope that they didn't completely botch this wonderful franchise up. but this could easily be the last straw for me and might cause me to skip the game all together. something which was utterly unthinkable until recently.

hopefully people who pick it up tonight and tomorrow will have good impressions and I can finally get a clear answer about the leader board situation. I still want to believe.
There's honestly little to be worried about if you liked the previous games. I feel like FMX is pretty lame, but so far I've only seen a handful of them. The rest is just good old Trials.

Can't tell you much about the leaderboards though. I know that skill games don't count for the global ranking, but I don't know about FMX.

Daigoro

There's honestly little to be worried about if you liked the previous games. I feel like FMX is pretty lame, but so far I've only seen a handful of them. The rest is just good old Trials.

Can't tell you much about the leaderboards though. I know that skill games don't count for the global ranking, but I don't know about FMX.

well, im already forced to do skill games and trick shit to advance. it was a mistake not to separate these modes entirely. im here for trials, not gimmicky bullshit, and yet...

hopefully I can just grind past them and then ignore them completely if I want to. but if they add to the overall global rank, that's a big problem for me. and if god forbid, there isn't a completely separate Trials leader board, its a deal breaker.

so im somewhere on the spectrum from: eh this kind of sucks balls -to- BAIL THE FUCK OUT right now, when my hype level should be through the fucking roof like it was with Evo.

I feel like at the very least, there will be a separate Trials leaderboard and I can cope with the bullshit they crowbarred into this release. so im mostly likely still going to be buying the game. I cant imagine I wont, but the skill game/fmx shit is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth right now.

I truly hope im just wrong as hell and this is going to all work out just fine. ill know soon enough I suppose.

M.W.

So, the digital deluxe version is the only version available on PSN? I don't want the season pass.

jediyoshi

I don't know if I follow. Didn't you have to do the gimmicky bullshit tracks to get the medals to advance to the next event in the last game? I don't recall you just being able to do normal tracks with enough medals to always unlock the next event.

The_Dude

I don't know if I follow. Didn't you have to do the gimmicky bullshit tracks to get the medals to advance to the next event in the last game? I don't recall you just being able to do normal tracks with enough medals to always unlock the next event.
Nope. I've got 100% in both HD and Evo on the Gold Edition on the normal trials tracks and 0% for skill games in both.

GRAAAAAAAAAAACE CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

jediyoshi

Nope. I've got 100% in both HD and Evo on the Gold Edition on the normal trials tracks and 0% for skill games in both.

Ah, my issue was probably just never managing to get Gold on every normal track as I came across them and using skill games to supplement it.

Ashtar

How is it possible to hold reviews until after the game is out? Doesn't a NDA become void once the game is available? Anyway I played some trials hd demo this morning and I think I'll be partaking in this

Bsigg12

How is it possible to hold reviews until after the game is out? Doesn't a NDA become void once the game is available? Anyway I played some trials hd demo this morning and I think I'll be partaking in this

Well the embargo is up tomorrow right? The official release date of the game is the 16th.

Torillian

Neo Member

I've seen embargoes where the date is after release. Always a big read flag, but if you agree to take the review copy you have to agree to the terms. Actually got some PR mad once because we didn't realize we'd been sent a review copy for Naughty Bear and one of my poor staff actually wanted to buy it and review it. He was able to buy it, beat it, and review it all before the embargo was apparently up. I'll have to look back at some point to see exactly how long after release that embargo was.

I got the Digital Deluxe version, and the download appeared on the listing in the 'Spotlight' section. Under games it was saying "Preorder now".

Had to add it to my cart and checkout ($0.00) to fire off the download.

Kariodude

Banned
It's no necessarily wrong...the release date has always been the 16th and it even says it in the promo videos, but I think because PSN updates on Tuesdays it is out today for PS4.

Everything I've seen says the 15th. Apparently in NA it's 15th and in EU it's 16th. That might be the confusion.

GeeDuhb

Will wait for the regular $20 version to go up. Tricksy Ubisoftses/Sonyses, only putting the $40 version up for pre-order.

I am guessing what is happening is the fact that the game was avaliable for pre order as part of the "Day 1 Digital" program. Digital as in the digital copy of the disk based game, which is what the Deluxe version is. I assume that this automatically unlocked at around midnight est. The regular version will no doubt come tomorrow during the normal update.

I was tempted to buy it last week, but I don't like buying season passes without knowing exactly what's in them. Base game is more than enough for me for now.

Top Bottom