• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

GoaThief

A lot of us think the objects we're trying to select in a menu should be visible when trying to make our selections. Call me a crazy, but that's how it should work.
The objects you are trying to select are visible, the arrows on either side and the text below. In previous games it was pretty much the same except vertically arranged rather than horizontal and no arrows. If I remember correctly Trials Evolution on 360 might have actually taken longer to select a ride because it was sluggish whilst loading.

I much prefer this way. I'd be happy with plain text too, truth be told. Don't need to see my bike itself.

see5harp

The length got me feeling good about a rental. There's no way I'd be shelling out $40 without having seen the levels first.

Ashtar

I'm gonna get this game to play with my father in law...... I was thinking about getting the boxed version since it'll only be 32 at Best Buy..... but I want to be able to play it without switching discs! :( decisions decisions......
I'm still upset that the review embargo is tomorrow.... and yet the game is already out
full

EktorPR

Already in the 2nd set of levels. I'm having a lot of fun, as this is my first TRIALS game.

Some thoughts:

1. Yes, loading takes longer than it should, but you'll forget about it quickly once you start unlocking challenges and going for the Gold medals. It feels so rewarding!

2. Visually, it's a mixed bag: as some said, the tracks overall do look pretty. The texture pop-in as soon as they load don't.

3. Having no problem controlling the game with the DS4, yet a set of "clickier" triggers would be better.

I'd definitely recommend it, if you're interested.

Haha wait what? There is no MP at launch? Like races with multiple friends on the same track MP?

Ubi pls.

Local MP only for now, I believe. Though I did read a comment somewhere about "A new type of multiplayer" coming later... Not quite sure what to make of that, so I won't get my hopes up.

How short is short? (Aka How many tracks?)

60 included tracks, I believe. (I don't think this includes challenge levels, if those still exist). Unlimited user-created tracks, though.

hawk2025

Local MP only for now, I believe. Though I did read a comment somewhere about "A new type of multiplayer" coming later... Not quite sure what to make of that, so I won't get my hopes up.

60 included tracks, I believe. (I don't think this includes challenge levels, if those still exist). Unlimited user-created tracks, though.

If I learned anything from the "and we have campaign multiplayer!" ordeal, is don't trust modes we haven't actually seen yet will be anything other than complete throwaways.

The objects you are trying to select are visible, the arrows on either side and the text below. In previous games it was pretty much the same except vertically arranged rather than horizontal and no arrows. If I remember correctly Trials Evolution on 360 might have actually taken longer to select a ride because it was sluggish whilst loading.

I much prefer this way. I'd be happy with plain text too, truth be told. Don't need to see my bike itself.

Yes, you're right, it behaved just like this on the 360.

But now, on the PS4, with crazy fast memory and a lot more processing power, I find it unacceptable. The bar gets raised when you're talking about much more powerful hardware.

hawk2025

Yes, you're right, it behaved just like this on the 360.

But now, on the PS4, with crazy fast memory and a lot more processing power, I find it unacceptable. The bar gets raised when you're talking about much more powerful hardware.

I don't want to play armchair dev here, but since the level hasn't loaded yet and we are only dealing with the UI, couldn't they drop the 6 bike models into the RAM so it "loads" immediately as you browse?

So weird.

I agree with the general feeling here, UI speed should be priority one for devs, IMO. Especially in games like this that are all about going back and forth to the UI to pick new tracks and bikes.

cripterion

What I like:
-It's very pretty
-Track Central is going to be amazing as time goes on. You can setup custom categories basically for certain types of tracks or just to show tracks from a specific author. It also shows a "Monthly Track Challenge" is coming soon.
-Music isn't cringe worthy like the music in Evo was
-The FMX stuff is actually fun and isn't forced down your throat if you just want to play Trials like you always have
-Solid 60fps

What I don't:
-Slow loading times for the bikes seems silly
-There are plot points being discussed by AI characters, but they get cutoff when you go back to your last checkpoint, so if you fail and instinctively press O like I do, the conversation just cuts off and doesn't replay
-Feels short. I've only played a couple of hours and I'm already in the next to last set of levels, unless there are secret sets of levels that it doesn't show.
-The game feels like it's at a solid 60 fps, but if you see your shadow in the background, the shadow looks choppy. Like somehow your shadow is 15 fps.

What? No way that music was the shit lol

Frankly I might just wait and see how it goes, I feel like Trials Evo is a superior game if only for the fact that I prefer the setting, not too keen on the futuristic stuff.
And no online multiplayer is a big turnoff.

MYeager

Is there a physical release for the 360 or is that just the Xbox One and PS4? If not I'll be waiting with the rest since it doesn't appear to be available for download until tomorrow.

The bike visualization loading is slow but they are aware and working on it. I wonder if it's slower on consoles though. In the end it doesn't matter because once I unlock the best bike I hardly ever change anyway.

Acorn

60 sounds a good amount, I can't remember what HD and EVO had at launch though.

Edit: hd had 50 and evo 60 trials tracks according to the rl website.

aravuus

I don't want to play armchair dev here, but since the level hasn't loaded yet and we are only dealing with the UI, couldn't they drop the 6 bike models into the RAM so it "loads" immediately as you browse?

So weird.

I agree with the general feeling here, UI speed should be priority one for devs, IMO. Especially in games like this that are all about going back and forth to the UI to pick new tracks and bikes.

Yeah, can't say I have much experience programming games but damn, if the bikes are just... There, in a row, why not just have them in the memory at all times when in the bike menu. Weird.

I hate slow menus so much, although that comes mostly from my love for JRPGs. It's obviously not as big a problem in a game like Trials.

Uiki

60 sounds a good amount, I can't remember what HD and EVO had at launch though.

Edit: hd had 50 and evo 60 trials tracks according to the rl website.

Problems is that for the first half of the game (i played the beta) the tracks are so anonymous it's unbelievable. EVO is so much better in the first half.

What I like:
-It's very pretty
-Track Central is going to be amazing as time goes on. You can setup custom categories basically for certain types of tracks or just to show tracks from a specific author. It also shows a "Monthly Track Challenge" is coming soon.
-Music isn't cringe worthy like the music in Evo was
-The FMX stuff is actually fun and isn't forced down your throat if you just want to play Trials like you always have
-Solid 60fps

What I don't:
-Slow loading times for the bikes seems silly
-There are plot points being discussed by AI characters, but they get cutoff when you go back to your last checkpoint, so if you fail and instinctively press O like I do, the conversation just cuts off and doesn't replay
-Feels short. I've only played a couple of hours and I'm already in the next to last set of levels, unless there are secret sets of levels that it doesn't show.
-The game feels like it's at a solid 60 fps, but if you see your shadow in the background, the shadow looks choppy. Like somehow your shadow is 15 fps.

Damn, if they're just holding back content for DLC I'm going to pass, $20 for a couple hours isn't going to pass

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Damn, if they're just holding back content for DLC I'm going to pass, $20 for a couple hours isn't going to pass

It's got a comparable number of tracks to HD and Evolution. Unless maybe this "60 tracks" includes trick stuff and side activities. I haven't been able to decipher that part yet.

Trials has always been "short" but it's also extremely high in replayability. Now there's even more replayability with the track challenges many of which are really cool.

Im in a weird place about this game.

Id rather have 1080p/60, but all my friends are on xbox one. Doesnt really matter if there is no online multiplayer, but they seemed to of hinted SOMETHING is coming in regards to that.

Overdoziz

Banned
At launch:
Trials HD had 35 Trials tracks and 12 Skill Game tracks. 47 total.
Trials Evolution had 57 Trials tracks and 10 Skill Game tracks. 67 total.
Trials Fusion has ? Trials tracks and ? Skill Game tracks. 60 total?

Uiki

At launch:
Trials HD had 35 Trials tracks and 12 Skill Game tracks. 47 total.
Trials Evolution had 57 Trials tracks and 10 Skill Game tracks. 67 total.
Trials Fusion has ? Trials tracks and ? Skill Game tracks. 60 total?

Beta: 20 trials tracks, 3 fmx, 4 skill games(1 per tier.. so.. 8 total?)... If 8 tracks are skillgames and AT LEAST 10 are FMX..42 trials tracks in the full version?

aro52

Whenever I hit the Share button, the game crashes. Am I the only one?

I had issues during Black Flag with the Share button. It would crash the U-Play connection, and prevent me from earning Trophies or seeing any of the social stuff. Silly Ubisoft still pushing U-Play.

Well i hope the share crash gets fixed. I really hope the 100 friends PSN bug is not present. 2 months after the PS4 launch Ubisoft decided to fix it for blag flag.

whitehawk

Banned
I can't even connect to the Ubisoft servers right now, which means no leaderboards.

I also didn't think about the problems that a multi-platform release brings...

Track Central: Will I be missing a ton of awesome tracks that were made on other platforms?

Leaderboards: If I get #1 on the leaderboards, am I really #1 or is someone else on another platform actually better than me?

Is there a physical release for the 360 or is that just the Xbox One and PS4? If not I'll be waiting with the rest since it doesn't appear to be available for download until tomorrow.

Available digitally and at retail for Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on April 16
Available for PC on April 24.

Seems PS4 versions are dropping early though.

Top Bottom