• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Watching a vid of the PS4 version, and it definitely feels like the loading screens to select your bike are longer than they should be.

There's no sign of the $20 version yet because the store hasn't been updated yet. It's not some conspiracy. The deluxe version is available since it's the equivalent of the retail version but digital, hence the $40. Standalone will be along when they update the store like all digital download games are on the network.

Is this game even close to the quality of Trials HD and Trials Evolution?

I've read a few comments about the game on a German forum and it seems that people aren't really happy with it. I think the best description would be "It's Trials but with unnecessary Ubisoft bloat."

Is the US PSN store for the PS4 as unreliable, time wise, as the PS3 store?
AKA when does the store usually update?

-EDIT-
Nevermind..booted up the PS4 and theres it is.

theytookourjobz

So everyone that's wondering: review embargo is tomorrow. And the game is available right now to purchase on PS4 but only the $40 version including the season pass.

Meader

Has anyone who ordered from Amazon.co.uk had their order shipped yet? Really doubting its going to arrive tomorrow.

Overdoziz

Banned
Watching a vid of the PS4 version, and it definitely feels like the loading screens to select your bike are longer than they should be.
PC version on an SSD:

UGxzpvh.png

mujE5Or.jpg

Developers need to understand that if something in the menu doesn't load instantly they should simplify it until it does.

I've read a few comments about the game on a German forum and it seems that people aren't really happy with it. I think the best description would be "It's Trials but with unnecessary Ubisoft bloat."

What is the Ubisoft bloat? and what does it do to ruin the game?

Kariodude

Banned
What I like:
-It's very pretty
-Track Central is going to be amazing as time goes on. You can setup custom categories basically for certain types of tracks or just to show tracks from a specific author. It also shows a "Monthly Track Challenge" is coming soon.
-Music isn't cringe worthy like the music in Evo was
-The FMX stuff is actually fun and isn't forced down your throat if you just want to play Trials like you always have
-Solid 60fps

What I don't:
-Slow loading times for the bikes seems silly
-There are plot points being discussed by AI characters, but they get cutoff when you go back to your last checkpoint, so if you fail and instinctively press O like I do, the conversation just cuts off and doesn't replay
-Feels short. I've only played a couple of hours and I'm already in the next to last set of levels, unless there are secret sets of levels that it doesn't show.
-The game feels like it's at a solid 60 fps, but if you see your shadow in the background, the shadow looks choppy. Like somehow your shadow is 15 fps.

Overdoziz

Banned
-There are plot points being discussed by AI characters, but they get cutoff when you go back to your last checkpoint, so if you fail and instinctively press O like I do, the conversation just cuts off and doesn't replay
So glad you could turn those voices off. First thing I did after completing a track.

The ad on the Games dash of XB1 says this releases on the 16th :(. Probably just going to get this $40 version on PS4 anyways though, but maybe the $20 version isn't out until tomorrow for whatever reason?

GoaThief

Played through the first few zones, got a couple of third and fourth leaderboard places (probably be moved down by tonight) and it certainly feels like trials to me. Not too keen on the FMX stuff, I'd much prefer the offline multiplayer to be online in it's stead.

Props for the Speedball 2 reference.

Dany

Banned
I agree that I wish the VO would carry through if you restarted and the shadows on objects in the background are horrendous. The stages are increadibly dynamic and you have things flying and blowing up in all directions and the shadows on them are very very bad.

PaulLFC

The ad on the Games dash of XB1 says this releases on the 16th :(. Probably just going to get this $40 version on PS4 anyways though, but maybe the $20 version isn't out until tomorrow for whatever reason?
Are you in the US? I think only the US get the game today. I'm in the UK and the release date for us is the 16th.

Come on where is my regular version for 20$ ?!?! :/

Cause fuck you Ubisoft, I'm not paying additional 20$ for ''early access''

Edit:
@AkuMifune

No ps4(digital) version. Right now you can only buy deluxe edition for 40$

AkuMifune

Banned

On the PC version? My Beta downloaded as soon as I purchased it.

SO any idea if we lose "everything" when the Beta switches to the legit version? I'm worried I'll have some kind of epic run that won't be permanent.

And the sci-fi direction they went with is...interesting. Not where I would have liked them to go, but obviously haven't seen it all.

GoaThief

This isn't the case at all, you can cycle and select your bike the instant that screen loads.

What I expect that person's doing is waiting for the bike visual representation to load up - which you don't have to do at any point.

Looking at the SSD screenies above it looks like whoever that is seems to be doing the same thing. Seems a bit of a misrepresentation of the game.

newsguy

The official release date says the 16th. My guess is that the $40 version is exaclty for that purpose. Charging $40 to people who can't wait an extra day. I think the $20 version releases tomorrow.

aravuus

There's a story mode? Jesus christ, lots of things I'm not feeling too good about this game. With my current money situation I'll wait for more neogaf impressions.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The official release date says the 16th. My guess is that the $40 version is exaclty for that purpose. Charging $40 to people who can't wait an extra day. I think the $20 version releases tomorrow.
Wednesday is when the download games go up on the Bone. It's not a conspiracy.

I am buying the $40 version for $32 since I want a disc. Shrug.

GoaThief

There's a story mode? Jesus christ, lots of things I'm not feeling too good about this game. With my current money situation I'll wait for more neogaf impressions.
As above I'm about 40% done on the main mode and I've not come across any story elements as such.

Who said there's one?

To those who have it, how is stability? I'm reading some smattering accounts of freezing.
I've come across no stability issues at all on PS4 whilst streaming at the same time which can sometimes throw a spanner in the works.

Dany

Banned
It's the same game. The campaign has a lady AI talking about some crap. Lol

aravuus

As above I'm about 40% done on the main mode and I've not come across any story elements as such.

Who said there's one?

Krakn did, a few posts above mine, but I guess he was wrong.

A voice over the normal levels sounds stupid too but if you can just turn it off, I guess it doesn't matter

What I like:
-It's very pretty
-Track Central is going to be amazing as time goes on. You can setup custom categories basically for certain types of tracks or just to show tracks from a specific author. It also shows a "Monthly Track Challenge" is coming soon.
-Music isn't cringe worthy like the music in Evo was
-The FMX stuff is actually fun and isn't forced down your throat if you just want to play Trials like you always have
-Solid 60fps

What I don't:
-Slow loading times for the bikes seems silly
-Feels short. I've only played a couple of hours and I'm already in the next to last set of levels, unless there are secret sets of levels that it doesn't show.
-The game feels like it's at a solid 60 fps, but if you see your shadow in the background, the shadow looks choppy. Like somehow your shadow is 15 fps.

This is kind of worrying... I hope it's not shorter than the previous games.

There's no story mode. There's an ai voice (Portal-esque) you can turn off. I turned it off after playing through the tracks once. No big deal.

Dany

Banned
I need some ghosts, add me on psn danpman0317

Edit: the game had crashed on me twice as I was trying to take photos or look though my photos. Smh.

This isn't the case at all, you can cycle and select your bike the instant that screen loads.

What I expect that person's doing is waiting for the bike visual representation to load up - which you don't have to do at any point.

Looking at the SSD screenies above it looks like whoever that is seems to be doing the same thing. Seems a bit of a misrepresentation of the game.

A lot of us think the objects we're trying to select in a menu should be visible when trying to make our selections. Call me a crazy, but that's how it should work.

Uiki

So.. what's pyrosequencing? Connectivity between fusion and frontier?

It's counting down in the PC version towards console release..dafaq?

edit: "step into the light" is the connectivity option between the 2 games...so.. anyone with the physical copy?

Top Bottom