• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

VanWinkle

Downloading now.

Available digitally and at retail for Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on April 16
Available for PC on April 24.

Seems PS4 versions are dropping early though.

Well, the PS4 version was always going to launch today in NA, because that's when the NA store updates.

If someone with the game could tell us how many regular trials tracks there are that would be awesome.

As of right now I don't much care about the trick stuff, I just want dem trials.

Hixx

Man I forgot how frigging slow US PSN download speeds are for me. 60 minutes to download 5GB
LLShC.gif

hawk2025

Man I forgot how frigging slow US PSN download speeds are for me. 60 minutes to download 5GB
LLShC.gif

Sorry to hear that :(

My PS4 download speeds have been incredibly fast since November, but perhaps they haven't updated the network everywhere yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Track Central being platform-specific is a huge issue IMO. I think I'll pass on this game until they put out a statement addressing if they do something about that.

blinkz

Just went to Gamestop here in Florida and purchased one for Xbox One no problem. Manager checked me out and never mentioned street date.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Ok Wtf. Just started the beginner tracks and its taking over a minute to save after I finish each one.

yeah there seems to be a real lack of immediacy in the PS4 version

saving after levels takes 10+ seconds for me, loading times take a while, etc

having said that, it plays tightly & looks super good. plus you can tell people are going to go nuts with the track editor.

Senaxx

Banned
Game is superb. I think its the best one in the series. On PS4 stable framerate and a lot of different tracks! It seems that the ubisoft server have a bit of a problem saving all the scores to the online rankings.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Downloading now on PS4 . In remote play while typing this so this will be played on my Vita in the living room first.

npa189

The servers are what's causing the hang time after you beat a track, I was playing last night and it was much quicker. Does this seem light on content for a trials game? Roughly one hour of play time and I'm at 30% completion.

GoaThief

Also, regarding the loading times in the bike selection menu:

UaIDO9T.gif

It's both really bad.
(recorded on PC)
But you don't have to wait for the bike visual to load before you select it. You can choose as soon as the menu appears.

Who cares about seeing your bike for the nth time before you play the level?

shwimpy

So is there any reason at all to buy the 39.99 version? Buying the game and pass separately costs the same.
Nope. That version exists because that's what the retail version is and they want to keep it consistent. It's pretty awesome they split it up for digital. Other publishers probably wouldn't hesitant to only sell the 39.99 version. *cough*EA*cough*

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I can't even connect to the Ubisoft servers right now, which means no leaderboards.

I also didn't think about the problems that a multi-platform release brings...

Track Central: Will I be missing a ton of awesome tracks that were made on other platforms?

Leaderboards: If I get #1 on the leaderboards, am I really #1 or is someone else on another platform actually better than me?

Hmm, leaderboards are Uplay? How does that work? Do you have to log in to Uplay? Which of your account names shows up, PSN or Uplay? And do have have to be Uplay friends with people to make them show up as friends in the game, or does this all work with just your PSN account? I don't know why Ubisoft has to keep shoving Uplay down or throats, it just makes shit more complicated and annoying than it needs to be.

The servers are what's causing the hang time after you beat a track, I was playing last night and it was much quicker. Does this seem light on content for a trials game? Roughly one hour of play time and I'm at 30% completion.

The game should handle server synching in the background, and let you keep playing while it's happening. Shouldn't exactly be impossible to implement.

This is really bumming me out... I hope it's not content-light because of the whole season pass DLC thing.

So any impressions? I am hearing some mixed things but nothing completely horrible but I am still on the fence.

I find it ridiculous that Track Central is locked to each specific platform.

Would actually be a decent use of Uplay to make it cross platform and one giant Uplay leaderboard setup.

Didnt EA do something similar with Origin and the N4S games?

VanWinkle

Haven't spent considerable time on the first two Trials game since I primarily played on PS3 last gen, but I was wondering if Red Lynx curates user-created tracks pretty well? Theoretically, having user-created tracks could lead to a LOT of replayability, but naturally a lot of tracks will be poorly done, so it depends on if they curate them and sort them well.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So any impressions? I am hearing some mixed things but nothing completely horrible but I am still on the fence.

Would actually be a decent use of Uplay to make it cross platform one giant Uplay leaderboard setup.

Didnt EA do something similar with Origin and the N4S games?

Yeah, that would actually be a good use of Uplay. Now it seems like it's just there because "fuck you, we're Ubisoft", as usual. Hate that shit being shoved down our throats for no good reason.

npa189

Its perfectly fine for $20. I would wait on the season pass as we have to wait for it anyway. I've been having fun with it, and its something to play on the PS4.

thenameDS

Right now I can't even connect to uPlay or the leaderboard service. Got the game a day early here in the UK. Also when installing the disc it didn't mention a patch download for me, I thought there was a day one patch for the resolution to from 800p to 900p.

GeeDuhb

For those asking for impressions, here are mine from a few pages back:

So initial impressions, if anyone cares...the game is beautiful. The background animations are awesome, and as someone else said earlier, I am loving the future theme! Controls are pretty tight, although I do admit I miss the 360 controller a little bit right now, but I am sure I will get used to it. I am also digging the challenges they have added to each track. It gives an additional element of replay value...not that this game even needed any other motivation to replay the shit out of it lol...

And yes, as others have said, the game does seem a little light on content, but I think that is also due to the fact that we might be thinking of Evo in it's current state, after like 3 DLC packs.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Of course the ubisoft servers would be down

Yep, this is stupid that they can't have this up and ready or at least anticipate users.

Game loads fairly quick but I replaced the stock HDD on PS4 with a 7200rpm 1TB. Graphics are great and no slowdown at all. Outside of the stupid Uplay connection issues which happen upon booting up the game in the main menu every time.

MYeager

Haven't spent considerable time on the first two Trials game since I primarily played on PS3 last gen, but I was wondering if Red Lynx curates user-created tracks pretty well? Theoretically, having user-created tracks could lead to a LOT of replayability, but naturally a lot of tracks will be poorly done, so it depends on if they curate them and sort them well.

Evolution had a great method of curating them, you could sort between best voted on weekly, monthly, by type by creator, difficulty and so on. Only problem was you couldn't search by what the player had named a track. I spent at least half of the time playing user created tracks in that game and many were amazing.

The saving issue reminds me of The last of us day 1 saving issues. It was related to Sonys servers so i guess it is uPlay bugging out.

I also have a worry about User created tracks. We just need to hope our fellow comrades on what ever platform can create some good ass tracks.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If I got the PS4 version and wanted to avoid long delays caused by server issues I could just play offline, right? This game doesn't secretly require "always online" somehow, does it?

Overdoziz

Banned
But you don't have to wait for the bike visual to load before you select it. You can choose as soon as the menu appears.

Who cares about seeing your bike for the nth time before you play the level?
Because it's easier and quicker to identify the bikes by their looks, especially when you just got the game. I'm not saying it's a big issues, it's just a thing that developers keep doing and it's starting to annoy me.

Senaxx

Banned
When the game is saving at the end of a track you can press circle on PS4 version and continue directly. It's just skipping the online saving.

whitehawk

Banned
Hmm, leaderboards are Uplay? How does that work? Do you have to log in to Uplay? Which of your account names shows up, PSN or Uplay? And do have have to be Uplay friends with people to make them show up as friends in the game, or does this all work with just your PSN account? I don't know why Ubisoft has to keep shoving Uplay down or throats, it just makes shit more complicated and annoying than it needs to be.

The game should handle server synching in the background, and let you keep playing while it's happening. Shouldn't exactly be impossible to implement.
Leaderboards and Uplay are NOT the same thing. The leaderboards do use ubisofts servers, but not Uplay. Uplay is there for extra things like connectivity with trials frontier and unlocking some costumes.

Top Bottom