• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Can you not see the specs of each bike in this game, like you could in Evo? Is there just a short description of each? Seems a bit annoying. I guess you learn which bike is good at what anyway, but still.

Leaderboards and Uplay are NOT the same thing. The leaderboards do use ubisofts servers, but not Uplay. Uplay is there for extra things like connectivity with trials frontier and unlocking some costumes.

Oh, ok, that sounds better. Thanks!

Haven't spent considerable time on the first two Trials game since I primarily played on PS3 last gen, but I was wondering if Red Lynx curates user-created tracks pretty well? Theoretically, having user-created tracks could lead to a LOT of replayability, but naturally a lot of tracks will be poorly done, so it depends on if they curate them and sort them well.

Yes, they were very good with that in the previous game.

Bsigg12

when did MS change releases from Tuesdays to Wednesdays?

Depends on the game. With the Xbox One it doesn't seem like it's tied to the Wednesday Arcade release stuff anymore. This should be out on Xbox One though since it's available at retail. It's a bit of a mess.

when did MS change releases from Tuesdays to Wednesdays?

Yeah, this sucks. I got Titanfall on the first Tuesday, digitally. Surprised that this game is on Wednesday ...

Haven't spent considerable time on the first two Trials game since I primarily played on PS3 last gen, but I was wondering if Red Lynx curates user-created tracks pretty well? Theoretically, having user-created tracks could lead to a LOT of replayability, but naturally a lot of tracks will be poorly done, so it depends on if they curate them and sort them well.

Yes, and it was awesome. Every week or so they'd have a new list of "RedLynx Approved" tracks/experiences, and pretty much all of them were great or unique in some way. You can also rely on the user reviews and amount of downloads. To review a track, you had to finish complete a play through of it, which meant that glitched tracks or NEARLY impossible tracks never got a single review... or some tracks that just required something stupid to happen to finish. RedLynx generally wouldn't choose ultra extreme hard tracks for their approved tracks. They'd have plenty of hard tracks, but their Redlynx approved hard tracks were usually similar to the "Extreme" tracks in the game. Where as... users would create tracks that were so beyond extreme it was hilarious.

The user community is going to be the only thing I'm going to really miss on Trials Fusion, because it's just not going to be there for a new console.

They had a lot of great filters too.. "Highest rated all time" "highest rated this week" etc. "Most downloads in a week," etc. It was very easy to find, download, and play these tracks.

Hixx

Um, don't try and use Share on the PS4. It will lock the game up when you return :/

edit: now I can't reconnect to Ubisoft servers. Ugh.

Rockyrock

Depends on the game. With the Xbox One it doesn't seem like it's tied to the Wednesday Arcade release stuff anymore. This should be out on Xbox One though since it's available at retail. It's a bit of a mess.

Yea i think that's what's confusing.

Seeing people say they're putting it up retail i didn't know what it was classified as. So I thought it was just a regular game releasing on a Tuesday

FeiRR

Banned
Every time I share a screenshot from replay, the game freezes and then crashes :/ Does anybody have the same problem (PS4)?

whitehawk

Banned
Um, don't try and use Share on the PS4. It will lock the game up when you return :/

edit: now I can't reconnect to Ubisoft servers. Ugh.
weird that just happened to me. Didn't happen at all last night when I was streaming.

... And now I can't connect to the servers either...

GoaThief

So any impressions? I am hearing some mixed things but nothing completely horrible but I am still on the fence.
Got to the hard tracks earlier and it's great.

As an aside, is posting/linking to your own stream permissible on GAF like someone did above? Just about to hop back on so if anyone wants to fire a question or two I can check whilst in-game.

Hey guys.

Is it just me or does the game take FOREVER to save? Like after I finish a track and it says "Saving..." it'll take a good minute or so to finish that process. I don't remember it taking more than a few seconds on Trials Evolution on 360. Also, the leaderboard takes forever to show up when selecting a track. Also never a problem on Evo.

Playing on the PS4 by the way.

whitehawk

Banned
Hey guys.

Is it just me or does the game take FOREVER to save? Like after I finish a track and it says "Saving..." it'll take a good minute or so to finish that process. I don't remember it taking more than a few seconds on Trials Evolution on 360. Also, the leaderboard takes forever to show up when selecting a track. Also never a problem on Evo.

Playing on the PS4 by the way.
this is because the ubi servers are wonky right now. I had no troubles last night.

th4tguy

Every time I share a screenshot from replay, the game freezes and then crashes :/ Does anybody have the same problem (PS4)?

Yes, it's a big problem for me because I'm trying to upload videos to my channel and thid keeps happening....

GeeDuhb

Yea these after track load/save times need to be patched asap

It has been said multiple times above, it's not the game. The servers are getting slammed and it is taking a while to upload the times. It works flawlessly if you play offline. I, along with others, played it last night after it was put up and there wasn't an issue.

VanWinkle

Yes, they were very good with that in the previous game.

Yes, and it was awesome. Every week or so they'd have a new list of "RedLynx Approved" tracks/experiences, and pretty much all of them were great or unique in some way. You can also rely on the user reviews and amount of downloads. To review a track, you had to finish complete a play through of it, which meant that glitched tracks or NEARLY impossible tracks never got a single review... or some tracks that just required something stupid to happen to finish. RedLynx generally wouldn't choose ultra extreme hard tracks for their approved tracks. They'd have plenty of hard tracks, but their Redlynx approved hard tracks were usually similar to the "Extreme" tracks in the game. Where as... users would create tracks that were so beyond extreme it was hilarious.

The user community is going to be the only thing I'm going to really miss on Trials Fusion, because it's just not going to be there for a new console.

They had a lot of great filters too.. "Highest rated all time" "highest rated this week" etc. "Most downloads in a week," etc. It was very easy to find, download, and play these tracks.

Awesome. Thanks, guys.

VanWinkle

Gameplay is VERY solid. On a technical level, I'm not COMPLETELY happy with it. Texture pop-in is an issue, some shadows seem to render at a really low framerate, explosions/fire are subpar at best, and loading everywhere is pretty annoying. Still, pretty darn solid 60fps, draw distance is a sight to behold, most textures are nice and crisp, and the game is really clear at 1080p.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
UniSoft needs to sort out these server problems. Theres pretty much no point in playing when you're not connected.

Are times saved offline and uploaded later if you cancel out of the syncing process or the server doesn't respond, or are they lost forever if you do that? Shitty if so, and doesn't sound too difficult to solve.

So does this come out today or tomorrow on PSN?

Today in NA, tomorrow in EU.

Triz

PS4 version here running flawlessly, except for the whole connecting to servers and being able to see comparable times.

JayEH

Really weird that the embargo is tomorrow. Considering picking up the standard version.

And you actually save money buying the game and season pass separately lol.

BEST DEAL.

Top Bottom