• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Load times are much better than was lead on to believe earlier. Could be the aftermarket HDD but all in all I'm happy even with the stupid Ubisoft bugs.

Overdoziz

Banned
8a4di.png

https://twitter.com/TrialsGames/status/456161095023984641

Iacobellis

already out.

It's already out.

I think if you search the store for it it is, but it's not advertised on the storefront.

Are times saved offline and uploaded later if you cancel out of the syncing process or the server doesn't respond, or are they lost forever if you do that? Shitty if so, and doesn't sound too difficult to solve.

Today in NA, tomorrow in EU.

Sweet, thanks. Downloading it now!

I don't know if this has been said but both the disc Xbox One version and PS4 versions are technically available at GameStop. First not MS Studios game I have bought that has the Kinect QR code for the included DLC

styl3s

Bought and now downloading even through the original Trials made my life a living hell.

Just realized that when you don't keep your PS4 in standby or whatever it's called you end up getting like 40 things to download if you don't play your PS4 often. Is there still no way of just pausing them instead of deleting?

impact

Banned
Damn these challenges are harder than I thought. I can't even find the switch on the first level or complete it without leaning :(

e: ok, second level is much easier to complete all challenges on

Allforce

Jesus waiting for the game to save after each track almost makes this unplayable.

Trials is all about quick pick-up-and-play fun, instant restarts and bopping around to different tracks. I know they're working on it but good lord, what a rocky start...

FHIZ

So please tell me that theme song is just being super self aware, and they know how cheesy...

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

I laughed.

Nintendad

Jesus waiting for the game to save after each track almost makes this unplayable.

Trials is all about quick pick-up-and-play fun, instant restarts and bopping around to different tracks. I know they're working on it but good lord, what a rocky start...

I just came in to post the same thing. It's insane! I hope it has to do with the servers and not just saving.

Dezzy

Demo is up on PSN... or not. It just leads to the full game. Typical PSN, has a big banner for the demo, but no actual demo yet.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Good of you to beta test the servers for the rest of us! Hopefully they'll be more stable when the EU version goes up tomorrow. Or they'll be even worse, with the surge of new players...

Gameplay is VERY solid. On a technical level, I'm not COMPLETELY happy with it. Texture pop-in is an issue, some shadows seem to render at a really low framerate, explosions/fire are subpar at best, and loading everywhere is pretty annoying. Still, pretty darn solid 60fps, draw distance is a sight to behold, most textures are nice and crisp, and the game is really clear at 1080p.

Sounds like a Trials game

GoaThief

Yeah, I'm hoping the same thing. Otherwise it is just unacceptable.
Was absolutely fine uploading times earlier on today, took a second or so. My guess is the servers are buckling under load now. Unless you have a serious time I would not bother uploading, just press circle to cancel and carry on.

Sorry, should have mentioned PS4. Not sure about 360.

Could have sworn my download said 5.2gb earlier. Well, I know it did - haven't checked size on HDD though.

Any Xbone impressions yet? All I'm seeing is PS4. I picked it up retail today but went with Xbone version despite also having a PS4 because I think I will prefer the Xbox controller.

thenameDS

Any Xbone impressions yet? All I'm seeing is PS4. I picked it up retail today but went with Xbone version despite also having a PS4 because I think I will prefer the Xbox controller.
So far so good, do get some texture pop ins and low-res when at a distance but people are saying the same about the PS4 version so I'm guessing that's common. Also it's completely steady at 60fps haven't had any dips that I seen and I'm really sensitive to that stuff.

One thing is I don't know whether it's running at 800p or 900p because when I installed the disc I didn't get any patch to download.

Allforce

The game is pretty great, it's literally just bigger and better Trials, but it also has this level of Ubi-stink all over it that's just so...unnecessary.

The female announcer? What is the point? She's just a poor man's GLADOS and not even funny.

Oh lets add another MALE announcer as well. He'll tell us how unsafe everything is!

The music has always been terrible in Trials, but in a "so bad it's hilarious" way in HD and Evolution. The guy rapping like he's the baddest motherfucker on the planet was totally tongue-in-cheek and fit in with the stupid fun of the entire game.

Now we've got this Euro pop/rock that sounds like they're trying WAY too hard, the song would fit better during a sports montage like the World Cup or NBA Finals. It's just ridiculously BAD.

I guess they had to find SOMETHING for 100+ people on this development staff to do. MAKE IT BIGGER! AND MORE VOICE ACTING! AND REALLY LETS GO ALL OUT ON THE MUSIC PRODUCTION!

Pepiope

So this game won't be available to download digitally on the XB1 until tomorrow even though the physical copies are out there and you can already digitally download it on the PS4? :(

Overdoziz

Banned
The game is pretty great, it's literally just bigger and better Trials, but it also has this level of Ubi-stink all over it that's just so...unnecessary.

The female announcer? What is the point? She's just a poor man's GLADOS and not even funny.

Oh lets add another MALE announcer as well. He'll tell us how unsafe everything is!

The music has always been terrible in Trials, but in a "so bad it's hilarious" way in HD and Evolution. The guy rapping like he's the baddest motherfucker on the planet was totally tongue-in-cheek and fit in with the stupid fun of the entire game.

Now we've got this Euro pop/rock that sounds like they're trying WAY too hard, the song would fit better during a sports montage like the World Cup or NBA Finals. It's just ridiculously BAD.

I guess they had to find SOMETHING for 100+ people on this development staff to do. MAKE IT BIGGER! AND MORE VOICE ACTING! AND REALLY LETS GO ALL OUT ON THE MUSIC PRODUCTION!
Turn it off. Put on music. Bliss.

Senaxx

Banned
I'm from EU but i've bought the game on the USA PSN Store and I must say I really love this version in the Trails series. I'm @ 50% from the singleplayer career now with everything on gold.

Slight annoyances are the texture streaming in when you restart a trail but other then that it looks really awesome. They also did a great job with the all the different tracks and themes. And even all the dynamic moving parts in tracks is awesome. The tricks seems a bit glitchy sometimes (character getting stuck in a weird position on the bike) but other than that a very nice game.

Somehow the Soundtrack reminded me of : Hadouken! - Mecha Love, atleast i thought it was a song from Hadouken!, but it seems a custom song just for Trails Fusion.

So this game won't be available to download digitally on the XB1 until tomorrow even though the physical copies are out there and you can already digitally download it on the PS4? :(

Yeah, it makes no sense why Microsoft isn't just flipping the switch on this right now.

Hixx

Was absolutely fine uploading times earlier on today, took a second or so. My guess is the servers are buckling under load now. Unless you have a serious time I would not bother uploading, just press circle to cancel and carry on.

Could have sworn my download said 5.2gb earlier. Well, I know it did - haven't checked size on HDD though.

It was definitely 4.8gb for me. Not sure how big the patch was, that had already downloaded when I turned my PS4 on.

-

Rocky Road is the first genuinely troubling track. Gold medaled every other track first time, zero faults, but I had to settle for 2 faults on the first few goes at this track. But that's it for today. I am quite happy it's the last track I will play tonight actually, I was a bit indifferent towards the game until it, now I want to play more!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Really wishing there was online multiplayer right now.

Yeah, a bit disappointed that it's gone, it was a lot of fun in Evo (when it worked - it had serious crashing issues in the PC port). Not my favorite part of the game, but a nice change of pace in-between single player sessions. Don't really understand why they removed it. I know their statistics told them it wasn't popular enough to justify the effort, but the foundation was already there (Fusion is based on the Evo engine), and it would definitely have added value and longevity to the game. Not that I think it's gonna be lacking that anyway, but still. Oh well, just gonna have to wait and see what this new type of multiplayer they're adding turns out to be.

come on EU servers!....

Come back in 16-17 hours...

Top Bottom