• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Overdoziz

Banned
Ubisoft has been pretty shady with their $40 edition. It being the only version you can buy at retail and the digital version being up way before the $20 version is shitty. No doubt it will have tricked some people into buying it thinking it's the only version.

sector4

The retail version was delayed one day in Australia for seemingly no reason. It was always listed as coming out on the 16th, but only today shifted to the 17th. Oh well, I can wait an extra day.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The retail version was delayed one day in Australia for seemingly no reason. It was always listed as coming out on the 16th, but only today shifted to the 17th. Oh well, I can wait an extra day.

In Sweden it's apparently not coming until the 24th. No idea why. As long as the digital version goes up tomorrow I'm fine though.

People on Reddit saying the game is now available for download in the UK and Australia on Xbox One if you do a search for it.

Still says unavailable for the USA right now but hopefully will pop up in the next few hours.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shame if the track central creations can't be cross platform. As it is all object based editing, you'd think they could work across all platforms - or at least Xbox one/PS4/PC.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd say a ~44% increase in pixels is pretty damn vast, myself.

Well to me the controllers are both pretty similar (Xbox has slightly wobbly sticks and a larger dead zone), yet people are deciding based on controller preference, so resolution preference seems reasonable too

Overdoziz

Banned
Shame if the track central creations can't be cross platform. As it is all object based editing, you'd think they could work across all platforms - or at least Xbox one/PS4/PC.
I don't think Microsoft and/or Sony like cross-platform anything that much.

Bsigg12

Project Spark for Microsoft works across Windows 8 and Xbox One seamlessly for levels. All we would need is a centralized hub where you're using your Uplay account to download/upload courses for whatever system you have. I think this game would greatly benefit from pooling all the creative people from each platform for everyone to access the tracks.

SFenton

Project Spark for Microsoft works across Windows 8 and Xbox One seamlessly for levels. All we would need is a centralized hub where you're using your Uplay account to download/upload courses for whatever system you have. I think this game would greatly benefit from pooling all the creative people from each platform for everyone to access the tracks.

It would indeed.

The only time I can think of consoles "talking to each other" is Need for Speed: Most Wanted, which is because it saved your stats and progress to your Origin account.

Tetrasides

Neo Member

Yeah, I asked multiple retailers why it was delayed, but none of them was told why.

psychotron

Just bought it. I'm weak, lol. Server issues and minute long saves suck. Everything else is fun so far. Intro song sounds like Space Olympics by Lonely Island.

SFenton

Also, this needs to be searchable on US XB1 stat because I need it in my veins, like, now. Also because we have three XB1 controllers here and a wall that's never had a controller in it.

You never forget the first time. <3

Overdoziz

Banned
Sadly we rarely see any cross-platform features outside of MS/Sony published games and those are often limited to their own platforms.

GeeDuhb

Ubisoft has been pretty shady with their $40 edition. It being the only version you can buy at retail and the digital version being up way before the $20 version is shitty. No doubt it will have tricked some people into buying it thinking it's the only version.

Ok seriously? Lets not go around calling everyone out when what you are saying is incorrect...

First off, Ubisoft wasn't being shady at all. The amount of money that goes into pressing, packing, shipping, etc. for a retail version of a game would make it silly to sell a $20 disk version. That's why they made the $40 edition available for people who wanted it on a disk. They could have just not offered a disk version at all, as the previous games have been.

Second, The digital version was up before the $20 version because of the way the Playstation Store works. The version that went up at midnight was the Day 1 Digital version, the digital version of the disk, which was advertised as being available for download at midnight for those people who pre-ordered it. It is likely automatically put up by the PSN servers at said time. The $20 version was put up as normal via the normal, weekly store update, this morning/afternoon.

Third, game developers can do whatever they want. There isn't anything (that I am aware of) that says they can't set up cross-platform play. It is usually a pain to do, which is why it has rarely been done. It is up to Ubisoft to implement such a thing, if and when they decide they want to.

Really enjoying this game but I should have paced myself because I'm like three levels from completing all the main tracks....

Still a really fun game.

Now if only Ubisoft and their goddamn Uplay service would get their shit together, I could stop playing offline.

Ok seriously? Lets not go around calling everyone out when what you are saying is incorrect...

First off, Ubisoft wasn't being shady at all. The amount of money that goes into pressing, packing, shipping, etc. for a retail version of a game would make it silly to sell a $20 disk version. That's why they made the $40 edition available for people who wanted it on a disk. They could have just not offered a disk version at all, as the previous games have been.

Second, The digital version was up before the $20 version because of the way the Playstation Store works. The version that went up at midnight was the Day 1 Digital version, the digital version of the disk, which was advertised as being available for download at midnight for those people who pre-ordered it. It is likely automatically put up by the PSN servers at said time. The $20 version was put up as normal via the normal, weekly store update, this morning/afternoon.

Third, game developers can do whatever they want. There isn't anything (that I am aware of) that says they can't set up cross-platform play. It is usually a pain to do, which is why it has rarely been done. It is up to Ubisoft to implement such a thing, if and when they decide they want to.

Re: your second point. And that's probably why Ubisoft said the game comes out on the 16th, not the 15th.

WoolyNinja

I was a PS3 instead of 360 guy and Trials was one of a few games I was jealous of not having on the PS3. Now that I've tried the PS4 version of Trials: Fusion it would seem that the jealousy was justified.

This game feels great (plays exactly as you'd expect/want), is smooth as can be and looks great too! I just want the servers to start working so I can add a few of you guys.

Jarrod38

I was a PS3 instead of 360 guy and Trials was one of a few games I was jealous of not having on the PS3. Now that I've tried the PS4 version of Trials: Fusion it would seem that the jealousy was justified.

This game feels great (plays exactly as you'd expect/want), is smooth as can be and looks great too! I just want the servers to start working so I can add a few of you guys.

Just hope you stocked up on extra controllers.

Ashtar

I'm watching this dudes stream on PS4, there's two dudes playing one's pretty good the other is not so good. Like it took him over 80 tries to beat a level, but im so addicted to watching him I just can't stop. I want to see him over come
http://www.twitch.tv/jmontygman

Top Bottom