• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

cackhyena

Well I played the hell out of the first Trials on the 360.
I opted for the PS4 version this time around for the obvious technical reasons.
It is currently a mess with the leaderboards and any online integration.
Did not work at all the first hour or so I played.
Now that they have connected to Ubi's servers, everything is super slow.
To save my time at the end of each successful run takes a good 20 seconds. If not a bit longer.
So yeah, needless to say not the best of first impressions. I guess perhaps they underestimated the amount of people who would be playing (although I only saw one leaderboard say 1472 people total).
So yeah, not sure if 1472 people are breaking their entire online implementation, or their servers are just crap.
I am leaning towards the latter.

I am noticing some frame rate drops. Tearing, and a whole lot of texture pop in as well.

I rented the One version from GameFly just to compare versions. I may opt to play it depending on performance as I have more friends playing it there. But I wanted the better version technically.

Oh one other thing.
I was a tad worried about getting used to playing it on the DS4 since historically I have used the XBox controller, and as shared above by someone else, zero issues making the transition. In fact I might actually prefer it, the triggers are perfect on the DS4 for this game. That is one positive.

Also I do have to say I am left underwhelmed overall. I expected more. What I expected I am not sure, but I really do just feel like this is the same game with some new tracks, tracks that are not even as good as the original ones.
Honestly, that's how I felt with the second release on 360. For all the little additions, some a welcome improvement, I got nowhere near the time invested that I had in the original one. Have a feeling it might be the same thing here.

I've got the PS4 version sitting here unopened, but I've been watching streams of both versions tonight, and I swear I'm seeing less textures pop in on the XB1 version. It's quite an eye sore on the PS4, so I'm curious to know definitively if it's better on the XB1. Also, I'm not seeing server/leaderboard issues on the XB1 side.

To save my time at the end of each successful run takes a good 20 seconds. If not a bit longer.
So yeah, needless to say not the best of first impressions. I guess perhaps they underestimated the amount of people who would be playing (although I only saw one leaderboard say 1472 people total).
So yeah, not sure if 1472 people are breaking their entire online implementation, or their servers are just crap.

I am noticing some frame rate drops. Tearing, and a whole lot of texture pop in as well.

I rented the One version from GameFly just to compare versions. I may opt to play it depending on performance as I have more friends playing it there. But I wanted the better version technically.

Oh one other thing.
I was a tad worried about getting used to playing it on the DS4 since historically I have used the XBox controller, and as shared above by someone else, zero issues making the transition. In fact I might actually prefer it, the triggers are perfect on the DS4 for this game. That is one positive.

Also I do have to say I am left underwhelmed overall. I expected more. What I expected I am not sure, but I really do just feel like this is the same game with some new tracks, tracks that are not even as good as the original ones.

Can you give a quick comparison with the XB1 version?

Yeah Evo servers were real bad for a while too.

As for the game itself I really like what I've played in the beta. I think there's some really cool tracks just in that and I've seen quite a few more that look good on Twitch today. Only thing I don't like is FMX.

VanWinkle

Oh one other thing.

I agree with all of this. The controller works great with it, and the gameplay is there, but the server/Uplay stuff is so frustrating, and there are definitely some annoying technical issues.

jedimike

Quick impressions for XB1 - First and foremost, the physics are perfect. They didn't mess with it at all and Trials veterans will be very happy with the controls. They are just spot on. Added bonus for XB1 customers is the trigger rumble. It is subtle but adds to the feel in the game. You'll feel it when your front tire catches an object you were trying to clear.

Game looks beautiful and sounds magnificent too. I'm using my Polk 4 shots and love the sounds in the game from the bike engines, the environment, and the mostly humorous commentary.

The not so good - Menu system doesn't seem as good as before. Only one skill game so far and it was just thrown in with the other levels.

This game also has a futuristic techno dubstep vibe instead of the dirtier heavy metal vibe from previous games. It's growing on me.

So, is there a date for Trials Frontier on Android?

Also, I played through up to the extreme tracks, pretty solid, but I was unable to connect to the Ubi servers so none of my times have saved. :/

zychi

Banned
Is this any good on PC with 360 controller? I liked the demo on ps4, but dont like the triggers with this game.

e: apparently its not out for pc til the 24th

WiCkEd_Co

What no online play? I talk my brothers into buying this so we can play online since it look fun from the trailer. Guess I better text them and let them know its a no go. Damn I was so excited.

So i just played and beat the demo on the PS4 and a few things come to my mind.

1. Am I the only one who thinks of the Gillette Fusion razor when looking at and reading the Trials Fusion logo?

2. Looking at the games graphics, I do not understand how the X1 version is not running at 1080p. The game does not look that graphics heavy.

3. The texture pop-ins. -_-

Regardless, I can't wait to pick this game up in 2 weeks when it is out on PC. Great game. :)

cackhyena

Red lynx can't make a smooth Trials game to save their lives. Something is always funky. Luckily the game play is solid enough.

lordxar

Yea I don't see why the xbone can't run 1080 on this either. Demo is pretty cool though. Definitely sold me on the game. May just buy the $20 version to be cheap and see if I play it enough to warrant the season pass.

Pepiope

Is there a free play mode where you can just play any track, or do you have to unlock all of it through the career mode?

Servers were finally working for me it seems, but I stopped playing for a bit and when I came back I noticed my Infamous disc had been spit out by my PS4, and long story short, my disc drive is broken. And maybe something else because when I try to play my digital version of Trials now the game keeps skipping and stuttering. :/

Gotta send my PS4 in and it could take 7-10 days to get it back. I'm gonna be so far behind everyone. :(

And to keep this related to Trials I'd just like to say I wish the music was more like Evolution. WTF is this WELCOME TO THE FUTURE stuff? lol.

jonabbey

Picked this up on ps4 after never playing earlier Trials. Holy crap could this game suck my life away if I tried to do the challenges or to maximize my score generally.

I can see why there are such fans for the franchise for sure, though.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yea I don't see why the xbone can't run 1080 on this either. Demo is pretty cool though. Definitely sold me on the game. May just buy the $20 version to be cheap and see if I play it enough to warrant the season pass.
They're using deferred shading so the big ass gbuffer probably won't fit in eSRAM.

Just to be clear, the "Is There Anything You Can't Do?" trophy (Complete all challenges in the first 8 events) basically requires you to complete every challenge in the game? 0_0

RoKKeR

Are the load times really that bad? I'm getting under 10 seconds on XBO on the long side of things.

Loving it so far. I mean, at the end of the day it's more Trials and that's not a bad thing at all. Love the futuristic aesthetic, gameplay is great, think it maybe uses the rumble triggers on the XBO too which is nice.

Noticed a tiny bit of tearing on some of the maps too. Not horrible though. 900p isn't all that bad to me personally, haven't taken much note of it yet.

Well, it only took a few hours of gameplay to start the dreaded left thumb stick wear on my DS4 ::sigh::

Also my trigger finger is very tender...

Top Bottom