• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

impact

Banned
Is remote play a thing with this? Is that standard with all ps4 games? You'd think I would know this stuff by now.

Pretty sure remote play is in every game that doesn't use the camera. Not sure why you'd wanna suffer through 30fps Trials, but I think it's in nonetheless.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Downloading the XB1 version! But why is there no deluxe edition on the marketplace?

Into

Let us in you monsters!

goddamnit.gif

So I know everyone's really excited about the next-gen versions of this...but where the hell is the 360 version?

Can't find it on the marketplace, even if I search for it, there's no results. And from online searches it appears that there is no boxed release of the 360 version. Effectively it doesn't seem to exist. I'm in the UK btw.

And I really want to play some Trials...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So I know everyone's really excited about the next-gen versions of this...but where the hell is the 360 version?

Can't find it on the marketplace, even if I search for it, there's no results. And from online searches it appears that there is no boxed release of the 360 version. Effectively it doesn't seem to exist. I'm in the UK btw.

And I really want to play some Trials...

Should be up in about an hour, that's the usual store update time.

Well I played the hell out of the first Trials on the 360.
I opted for the PS4 version this time around for the obvious technical reasons.
It is currently a mess with the leaderboards and any online integration.
Did not work at all the first hour or so I played.
Now that they have connected to Ubi's servers, everything is super slow.
To save my time at the end of each successful run takes a good 20 seconds. If not a bit longer.
So yeah, needless to say not the best of first impressions. I guess perhaps they underestimated the amount of people who would be playing (although I only saw one leaderboard say 1472 people total).
So yeah, not sure if 1472 people are breaking their entire online implementation, or their servers are just crap.
I am leaning towards the latter.

I am noticing some frame rate drops. Tearing, and a whole lot of texture pop in as well.

I rented the One version from GameFly just to compare versions. I may opt to play it depending on performance as I have more friends playing it there. But I wanted the better version technically.

Oh one other thing.
I was a tad worried about getting used to playing it on the DS4 since historically I have used the XBox controller, and as shared above by someone else, zero issues making the transition. In fact I might actually prefer it, the triggers are perfect on the DS4 for this game. That is one positive.

Also I do have to say I am left underwhelmed overall. I expected more. What I expected I am not sure, but I really do just feel like this is the same game with some new tracks, tracks that are not even as good as the original ones.

I've played for about a week and as more and more people have gotten game yesterday and today, I've had zero problems with the leadearboards on the PS4. I have not had a problem of getting my score onto the leaderboard.

Gowans

Grabbed it on Xbox one this morning at did the first series.

Same old trails, I can feel me blood pressure rise at the thought of some later levels.

furious

Banned
Went to EB Games today (AUS), not available for purchase. Tomorrow (17th) is the street date. Wednesday ruined.

I pre-ordered a season pass. So much head shaking.

Someone mentioned a few pages back that the Xbox One version has 1000G, vs the 360 version having 400G. Which would mean the 360 release was XBLA, right?

Is that correct or were they just making an assumption?

Morbo

Went to EB Games today (AUS), not available for purchase. Tomorrow (17th) is the street date. Wednesday ruined.

I pre-ordered a season pass. So much head shaking.

If you have a JB hifi nearby that might be worth a look, I just picked up a copy there.

By the way, for the list my PSN id is: Dr_Lethargy

cripterion

Man PSN is so fucking slow today, 2gig downloaded in like 3 hours, wtf?!

Not my connection too cause I've downloaded off Steam gigs just fine.

Rosur

Waiting for my Amazon delivery to arrive... This will be first Trials game and from what I've seen it looks good.

Though would like some more EU/ UK PSN friends so add me. My PSN name is: Rosur

strange enough, if you click the game link on the'What's New'-Section on PS4 the screen crashes back to the main menu.

edit:

and also half of GAF is playing this :D
I'd be playing it if I wasn't at work. The package came just as I was going to sleep to prepare for night shift. I had barely enough time to shower and choke down some chow and even then I was still late for work (although barely).

I will play when I get home unless Y's Celceta tempts me with its tempestuously tempting temptress-ness.

Conclusion: I'm playing Trials until I feel my controller is in danger of high speed collision damage at which point I'll switch to Y's or sleep.

Edited because I tried to use an adverb to describe a made-up noun. Wow, these diet pills man....

NeoRausch

there is a Donkey Kong Stage? AWESOME!

not really but it really looks like those shadow levels from DKCR... like 1:1

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Found the second warp zone

Z2V4lpk.png

NOPE

Took me 411 tries. I made a video upload of my last 15 minutes, then came back to the game.

... the game crashed then and I lost my level progress.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hmm yeah waiting for the demo to see if I the tech issues annoy me too much. Might just stick to the PC version then.

In 8 hours yesterday I only had 1 crash on PS4 though and a period of 1-2 hours in which I couldnt connect to Ubi servers/upload my scores and a 20 second period to save my scores after every level.

All things considered it was rather tame, especially compared to the Trials PC launch last year which had massive slowdowns, 1-2 minute saving periods and longer downtimes on launch.

Twinduct

In 8 hours yesterday I only had 1 crash on PS4 though and a period of 1-2 hours in which I couldnt connect to Ubi servers/upload my scores and a 20 second period to save my scores after every level.

All things considered it was rather tame, especially compared to the Trials PC launch last year which had massive slowdowns, 1-2 minute saving periods and longer downtimes on launch.

OH that Trails release burned me so badly. I swore of buying Fusion on PC, but quite a few peeps been signing itr's praises around here so though it might be worth the shot.

Mainly talking about the dips & the pop-in. Granted I have yet to see either in the vids. Strangely I'm sensitive to those on console (but not on pc heh), so hoping the demo proves it wrong for me =)

Top Bottom