• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
OH that Trails release burned me so badly. I swore of buying Fusion on PC, but quite a few peeps been signing itr's praises around here so though it might be worth the shot.

Mainly talking about the dips & the pop-in. Granted I have yet to see either in the vids. Strangely I'm sensitive to those on console (but not on pc heh), so hoping the demo proves it wrong for me =)

No framerate issues at all for me, and I dont notice the pop ins during levels at least, even with a million retries. Usually only at the start, and sometimes the end of a level.

And yeah... that Trials PC release... goddamnit.

U2NUMB

If you are still getting the error on X1 for downloading pin it and keep trying, took me about 5 tries and boom it let me buy it.

Looking forward to giving it a go after work.

newsguy

OH that Trails release burned me so badly. I swore of buying Fusion on PC, but quite a few peeps been signing itr's praises around here so though it might be worth the shot.

Mainly talking about the dips & the pop-in. Granted I have yet to see either in the vids. Strangely I'm sensitive to those on console (but not on pc heh), so hoping the demo proves it wrong for me =)

I'm like 60% thru and the only pop-in i've seen so far is texture load at the beginning of each level ala gears of war. No framerate drops at all.

cripterion

Ok, finally got the game on ps4. If any of you wanna add me for some ghosting here's my psn ID : USCrip

EDIT : Shitty Uplay already not working... welcome to evolution! lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So satisfying to beat all your friends highscores in a world :p

...even it cost me a few hours of sleep last night.

psychotron

Every time I try to share a clip, the game crashes. I can still post to Facebook, but when I go back to the game, it's back at the title screen.

Twinduct

I'm like 60% thru and the only pop-in i've seen so far is texture load at the beginning of each level ala gears of war. No framerate drops at all.

No framerate issues at all for me, and I dont notice the pop ins during levels at least, even with a million retries. Usually only at the start, and sometimes the end of a level.

And yeah... that Trials PC release... goddamnit.

Well that's reassuring. Yeah I think I fell victim to the age old 'one person complain != General Consensus' trick.

But yeah the demo will help me decide. Would much rather get this for PS4 though, so yeah gonna have to be bad to stop me form getting it.

Lima

After playing both PS4 and XB1 for a couple hours the XB1 version has the edge. Graphical differences are negligible, the controller triggers are not. Holy shit the DS4 triggers are so terrible for this game.

Toma

Shouldn't reviews be up?

There you go, aggregate essence of every review to be published about the game :p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slight technical issues: crashes when uploading videos, rather unintrusive pop in issues at the beginning of a level, rather long saving times.

Good old Trials gameplay, record hunting is as addictive as ever, pulling off precise tricks is a bit... cumbersome, the addition of tricks in general seems a bit pointless but doesnt matter that much because its only a single level per world.

There seem to be fewer hard/extremely hard track challenges than in other outings, but the addition of challenges (finish level without error and without leaning...etc) in each level adds enough replay incentive and challenge that hardcore players still find more than enough to do.

Less bang for your buck than the superior Trials Evolution, but still a worthy entry in the series and fun enough to warrant a purchase.

7.5/10

Montresor

After playing both PS4 and XB1 for a couple hours the XB1 version has the edge. Graphical differences are negligible, the controller triggers are not. Holy shit the DS4 triggers are so terrible for this game.

Good to see XB1 version runs decently at least. I'm thinking of picking this up, if only to get the early adopter challenge, even if my backlog is a bit clogged.

The worst thing about the DS4 for this is that Circle must be about 3mm further left than the B button is on the Xbox 360 controller or something. 20,000 checkpoint restarts taught my thumb exactly where to go to restart and I keep missing the Circle button, haha.

pieman

Neo Member
If you are still getting the error on X1 for downloading pin it and keep trying, took me about 5 tries and boom it let me buy it.

Looking forward to giving it a go after work.

Thanks worked for me after a few tries. Is it home time yet?

There you go, aggregate essence of every review to be published about the game :p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slight technical issues: crashes when uploading videos, rather unintrusive pop in issues at the beginning of a level, rather long saving times.

Good old Trials gameplay, record hunting is as addictive as ever, pulling off precise tricks is a bit... cumbersome, the addition of tricks in general seems a bit pointless but doesnt matter that much because its only a single level per world.

There seem to be fewer hard/extremely hard track challenges than in other outings, but the addition of challenges (finish level without error and without leaning...etc) in each level adds enough replay incentive and challenge that hardcore players still find more than enough to do.

Less bang for your buck than the superior Trials Evolution, but still a worthy entry in the series and fun enough to warrant a purchase.

7.5/10

How much less of a bang for your buck?

Hixx

Best new addition to this series? The quads. So fucking cool.

The level set that forces you to use it was so boring though. Also seems too heavy for it to be involved in the twitch movements you need in the latter levels?

The first set of Hard levels is good fun though, really hooked me back into Trials.

Toma

How much less of a bang for your buck?

A lot because Trials Evolution had twice the amount of base tracks. You could argue (which I do), that the challenges add quite a bit of longevity, but ultimately they are only fluff and not more content. Both parts of Evolution also seemed to have more hard/extreme content than Fusion has.

On top of that Evolution has a bajillion user tracks, which Fusion doesnt have (yet) and likely wont have for a few months to come, so until some of the DLC hits, Fusion is less in basically everything other than graphics and the tricks addition.

If someone hasnt played Evolution and is not super keen on playing on PS4/Xbone/with friends who play Fusion, I'd definitely recommend Evo. If we are doing value propositions and position Evo at $20 (current Steam price), then content wise, $10 would seem fair for Fusion.

owlbeak

After playing about 3 hours last night, I'm happy to say this is a great game in the same vein as the previous Trials HD, and Trials Evo. Core gameplay here is awesome and rock solid and doesn't differ from previous installments.

I haven't unlocked the Stunt stuff yet, so it's a non issue at this point and is completely optional once it is unlocked.

I've gotten a gold medal on all of the first two sets of tracks and the first half of the third set and it says my completion rate is ~26%. I hope the tracks get more challenging, because right now I've never failed to get a gold medal on any of them. But the thing I like a lot about this game is the new challenges on each track. In addition to the time based medals there are three challenges per track that can be really tough and will definitely keep you going back to try to finish them. Some are pretty difficult like keep your front wheel off a certain section of the track or complete tracks without leaning.

Seems like there is quite a bit more customization options with regards to your player model as well this time, though I wish you could alter more than just the base color for each item.

Bike customization I haven't gotten to yet, but it looks like the previous game with different body kits and wheel styles to unlock and purchase.

Game looks good and has a rock solid frame rate on PS4. If you liked the other Trials games, I'd highly recommend this one.

cripterion

I'll second that, not liking the triggers for this game.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It shows you what tricks you need to do in the background on the big screens?

It does, but for some reason my finesse on the right stick is not so good. Can't seem to get what I think is the trick (upside down superman?) to register.

Really frustrating as I just want to go back and unlock all the levels so my girl & I can race each other.

Toma

I've gotten a gold medal on all of the first two sets of tracks and the first half of the third set and it says my completion rate is ~26%. I hope the tracks get more challenging, because right now I've never failed to get a gold medal on any of them.

Thats a big issue I have with the game. With the exception of some stunt levels which I didnt care about, the first levels I need to retry a few times for gold start popping up in the second to last world. That seems... very late.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
£15.99, it was announced on the blog a while back. The season pass is also the same price, thus the retail RRP being £32.

Shi it, really? I guess it was wishful thinking for a $40 version to be £29.99. In that case the season pass can wait, I only have enough balance for the basic game.

No PS+ discount?

owlbeak

Thats a big issue I have with the game. With the exception of some stunt levels which I didnt care about, the first levels I need to retry a few times for gold start popping up in the second to last world. That seems... very late.
That;s unfortunate :(

Track editor will save us, I guess!

Shi it, really? I guess it was wishful thinking for a $40 version to be £29.99. In that case the season pass can wait, I only have enough balance for the basic game.

No PS+ discount?
No discount, but an exclusive costume and bike which I didn't know about until I looked just then!

Muerte_X

Just bought the xbox one version. I'll get a few games in before I have to go work. The intro song reminds of the Space Olympics lonely island song, haha.

The pyrosequencing thing is interesting. I actually use a pyrosequencer at work. It's probably just something they thought sounded cool and futuristic. I hae no idea what it could mean in relation to the game though, it's one of multiple ways to sequence DNA....

Top Bottom