• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

bombshell

lsjiqq.png

pixlexic

Banned
ok mini comparison between the ps4 demo and xbone full version.

- The Resolution doesn't make that big of a difference between the 2 because of their AA implementation. That is not to say there isn't ANY difference.

- PS4 I have not seen any frame jerkiness at all where as the xbone has it every now and then. It seems to be a streaming pause.

- Xbone has a lot more tearing than the PS4 demo as well. I only saw tearing twice in the PS4 demo. XBone does it at least twice a stage in the faster stages.

- Texturing loading seems to be a little slower on the xbone versus the ps4 demo as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
On PS4

Zero issues with the triggers or with the O button.
Game is fun. Only thing I don't like so far are the loading times in the menus.
There is no issues on PS4. Some like to act like picking up a controller cripples.

Looks sharp in 1080p as well as a solid 60fps. Great in remote play as well.

This was one of my worries coming from having only played Trials games on 360 with those triggers.

How bad are we talking ?
I haven't had any problems at all with the PS4 triggers. But at the same time I've never played trials before on 360 so I'm not used to a certain set of triggers.

Has anyone actually explained why the ps4 triggers are bad for them. I'm just curious.

Like I said, no problems for me here.

def sim

I'll be checking this out; it sounds like a good deal of fun.

Bummer about the steam delay, but I'll buy again at a discount if I enjoy this well enough.

Lima

I haven't had any problems at all with the PS4 triggers. But at the same time I've never played trials before on 360 so I'm not used to a certain set of triggers.

Has anyone actually explained why the ps4 triggers are bad for them. I'm just curious.

The shape. The same problem the "triggers" of the DS3 had.

Come back to me when you platinumed all tracks on both Xb1 and Ps4 (which I will do) and tell me which controller is better suited for this game.

Looking at the leader boards it's pretty clear where trials veterans are playing the game. I already see a few familiar names up there.

Arrived a little earlier and while I'm enjoying it, I kinda regret buying it on PS4 due to the trigger shape. I'll try to soldier through, but the DS4 triggers really aren't up to the task, which is rather unfortunate.

Ah well.I can always double dip and get it on X1 if it continues to be a problem...which I can't help but feel it will continue to be.

Come back to me when you platinumed all tracks on both Xb1 and Ps4 (which I will do) and tell me which controller is better suited for this game.

Looking at the leader boards it's pretty clear where trials veterans are playing the game. I already see a few familiar names up there.

Yeah, I rate the DS4 pretty highly, but the triggers just aren't suited to this type of game, especially if you're coming off the Trials games on 360.

The DS4 triggers are way better than the PS3 ones.

XB1 triggers have like zero resistance. Way easier to be precise with them. Bought it on PS4 myself because it was available earlier and I don't have much to play on my PS4 and I regret it.

ok mini comparison between the ps4 demo and xbone full version.

- The Resolution doesn't make that big of a difference between the 2 because of their AA implementation. That is not to say there isn't ANY difference.

- PS4 I have not seen any frame jerkiness at all where as the xbone has it every now and then. It seems to be a streaming pause.

- Xbone has a lot more tearing than the PS4 demo as well. I only saw tearing twice in the PS4 demo. XBone does it at least twice a stage in the faster stages.

- Texturing loading seems to be a little slower on the xbone versus the ps4 demo as well.

Thanks. I've been waiting for someone to give these sorts of impressions.

I do have to say though, watching streams last night of both versions, it definitely seemed like there was less texture popping on the XB1 when restarting the whole track after a fault.

bombshell

I can find it now on EU PS4 store via search, but I can't see a demo yet :(

Never played a trials game, so I want to try the demo first.

I played some last night on PS4 and the triggers felt so right to me. This is after playing hours of HD and Evo on 360.

I was also drunk so what do I know. I'll try again tonight and see if it still feels as good. So far though I'm loving it. Looks beautiful at 1080p and that framerate is so solid.

Once there's a demo out for Xbox One I'll compare the versions directly and report.

Does the Uplay stuff not work for anyone else? Fuckin Ubisoft.

I can't find online multiplayer. Any time I go to the Multiplayer tab it only shows Local options. What gives? Do I need to sign in to Uplay?

The shape of the PS4 triggers are nothing like the PS3 ones. At all.

But I can respect your opinion if u like the xbone's triggers better, I'm just saying not everyone has the same problem with the shape of the PS4 triggers.

And I definitely don't think they're horrible for this game. That's my opinion of course. Coming from a PS3 / PS4 gamer.

Top Bottom