• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Xater

Game is now up in EU, but man is it pricey at 19.99€

Not gonna get the season pass. Maybe they'll have a sale on that down the line and I first want to see what's coming.

Twinduct

No Demo yet.
Man local pricing is a fucking joke, bundle is priced at the $60 range.
Might just wait for some sale on this now lol

Guymelef

Two bonus items free for PS+.
ta73QUd.png

Lima

The shape of the PS4 triggers are nothing like the PS3 ones. At all.

But I can respect your opinion if u like the xbone's triggers better, I'm just saying not everyone has the same problem with the shape of the PS4 triggers.

And I definitely don't think they're horrible for this game. That's my opinion of course. Coming from a PS3 / PS4 gamer.

Yeah I'm not suggesting that everyone hates the triggers on the DS4.

We are on a forum and express personal opinions not stating generally accepted facts.

If you like it with the DS4, more power to you.

owlbeak

In regards to triggers, I played Trials HD and Trials Evo on 360, and have this on PS4, triggers are a non-issue.

If they were the same awful triggers as the DS3, I could see it being an issue. But DS4 triggers feel great with this game.

Arrived a little earlier and while I'm enjoying it, I kinda regret buying it on PS4 due to the trigger shape. I'll try to soldier through, but the DS4 triggers really aren't up to the task, which is rather unfortunate.

Ah well.I can always double dip and get it on X1 if it continues to be a problem...which I can't help but feel it will continue to be.

That's why I take EVERYTHING into account when choosing my version. On paper, PS4 version looks superior due to the higher frame rate resolution, but I knew I would be more comfortable with the X1 controller, especially the triggers, and also had a hunch they would implement the rumble a bit. That mixed with a (for the most part) great oinline infrastructure just made me go X1 version. Downloaded my review copy yesterday morning and have been loving it so far. Unfortunately I'm embargo'ed until a bit later, but I'd love to share my impressions then.

In regards to triggers, I played Trials HD and Trials Evo on 360, and have this on PS4, triggers are a non-issue.

If they were the same awful triggers as the DS3, I could see it being an issue. But DS4 triggers feel great with this game.

I don't like how they feel. I like the DS4 in general and this is the first time I've found it to be not to my liking, but then I was just playing Evo last night in preparation for this so perhaps that's why I'm not finding them as comfortable?

That's why I take EVERYTHING into account when choosing my version. On paper, PS4 version looks superior due to the higher fram rate, but I knew I would be more comfortable with the X1 controller, especially the triggers, and also had a hunch they would implement the rumble a bit. That mixed with a (for the most part) great oinline infrastructure just made me go X1 version. Downloaded my review copy yesterday morning and have been loving it so far. Unfortunately I'm embargo'ed until a bit later, but I'd love to share my impressions then.

Wait, isn't the frame-rate the same on both?

And how are the rumble triggers? Have they used to them a great effect or is their use more subtle?

DirtyLarry

I've got the PS4 version sitting here unopened, but I've been watching streams of both versions tonight, and I swear I'm seeing less textures pop in on the XB1 version. It's quite an eye sore on the PS4, so I'm curious to know definitively if it's better on the XB1. Also, I'm not seeing server/leaderboard issues on the XB1 side.

Can you give a quick comparison with the XB1 version?
I will be happy to give a comparison, unfortunately it will not be quick. Since I purchased the PS4 version and rented the One version from GameFly, I still do not have the One version. I got the email on Monday that it shipped so depending on which shipping center it came from, I should have it either today or tomorrow, definitely by Friday.

So once I get it I no doubt will be comparing the two versions as that was my intent all along. I have no allegiance to any company so rest assured I will call things as I see them. If one version is clearly better than the other in certain areas, I will note it. No favoritism. I have always owned all consoles so I do not pull any punches in favor of making one version look better than the other version.

I've played for about a week and as more and more people have gotten game yesterday and today, I've had zero problems with the leadearboards on the PS4. I have not had a problem of getting my score onto the leaderboard.
Not sure if you are perhaps alluding to the fact it could somehow be on my end, but I can assure you that is not the case. My home network is a well oiled machine. With that said, I also did my due diligence to see if perhaps the issue could be on my end, and several tests revealed that was not the case.

So that's great you are not having issues with the online functionality. I am. Just by the responses in this thread, it sounds like I am not the only one. I have two friends who were also having issues, one of those friends was on the One and the other on the PS4 like myself. If I had to take a guess as to why you are not having issues it would be due to the fact you already connected prior to the issues.

I have also not played again since last night, so it very well be some of the issues have already been rectified.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is there a tricklist available someplace? I can't get past the FMX tutorial -_-

It shows you what tricks you need to do in the background on the big screens?

It does, but for some reason my finesse on the right stick is not so good. Can't seem to get what I think is the trick (upside down superman?) to register.

Really frustrating as I just want to go back and unlock all the levels so my girl & I can race each other.

plz send help

Lima

Not really feeling the FMX stuff. Pulling off specific tricks seems weird because of the exact posture of the rider needed before doing it.

newsguy

Not really feeling the FMX stuff. Pulling off specific tricks seems weird because of the exact posture of the rider needed before doing it.

I don't mind it, but there's a bonus track that has you trying to pull off specific moves and it's a fucking disaster. I have gotten gold on every event but I'll never gold that because the tricks are random and the right stick never gives me the same move twice.

Ashtar

So where are the reviews?! I wanna get Trials when I'm done with school but there are no reviews out!
edit: stupid class made me delay my reply and now i look like a doofus

Netprints

I played a little bit this morning on X1. It is fun. So far I am linking the rumble triggers. Only issue I see is the loading of the bikes. No idea why it isn't quick.

I didn't have time to go into the editor, so I don;t know how smooth that is.

My question is what type of MP does it have? is it online? I hope it is, that was one of the greatest parts of the last trials.

EDIT: I am dumb, read the OP. Idk why they would drop it tho. It was fun picking one track and seeing who could finish first. Lets hope the add on mp will be good.

I kind of wish they hadn't included the ATV and trick stuff. I don't really care for it at all.

And I wish there were more "very hard" tracks. After one evening with the game I was into the extreme tracks (beat one, close on two others, haven't tried the others).

edit: so far it's a little bit disappointing. It's still great fun but it feels like a less focused product than its predecessors. I mean, who the hell needs a crappy glados ripoff?

Twinduct

Ugh so is there any way I can see the progress of a download on the ps4 other than going into remote play with my Vita?

I was under the assumption that shit will be covered in the mobile app, but no it's not.

before we see tons of posts about the BIG AIR skill game, I figured out the trick after a million attempts last night.

The game doesn't tell you any of this but when you are launching your rider you want to point the analog stick in the trajectory that you want to throw him.

I found that pointing the analog stick at about 2 o'clock did the job pretty easily after only a few attempts (once I figured out WTF was going on)

So don't wheelie or any of that crap, just try to get as much speed and go down the ramp without using any leaning, then launch your rider at the last second while pointing the stick in the trajectory you want him to go.

MMaRsu

Is this game worth spending 20 euro's on? Shit is pricey as fuck. Contemplating a PS4 version.

How many Trial tracks are there compared to Evolution?

How is the editor compared to Evolutions?

Thx for these answers y' all

Top Bottom