• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

sneaky77

before we see tons of posts about the BIG AIR skill game, I figured out the trick after a million attempts last night.

The game doesn't tell you any of this but when you are launching your rider you want to point the analog stick in the trajectory that you want to throw him.

I found that pointing the analog stick at about 2 o'clock did the job pretty easily after only a few attempts (once I figured out WTF was going on)

So don't wheelie or any of that crap, just try to get as much speed and go down the ramp without using any leaning, then launch your rider at the last second while pointing the stick in the trajectory you want him to go.

Thank you sir

Feindflug

Just played the 360 version a bit and I can't believe how rough the game looks...the IQ is horrible, textures are really low res and there's some brutal screen tearing in some spots. And yeah I played some Evolution tracks just to be sure and it looks much better. :/

Also what's up with those stupid sun glares?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why did MS have to make the rumble triggers so damn awesome, makes picking a platform for new games so damn hard.

It would be cool to discus the game and not this proxy console war crap.

Just played the 360 version a bit and I can't believe how rough the game looks...the IQ is horrible, textures are really low res and there's some brutal screen tearing in some spots. And yeah I played some Evolution tracks just to be sure and it looks much better. :/

Also what's up with those stupid sun glares?

Eurogamer wrote this about the 360 version.

"But what of Xbox 360? According to Digital Foundry's preliminary findings, this one suffers from quite frequent texture pop-in (this also occurs on other formats to a lesser extent) and frame-rate hiccups, although we'll reserve judgement on how much these issues impact gameplay until we have more testing time under our belt. Keep it in mind, though, if you were thinking of grabbing the 360 version"

Into

THIS IS THE FUTUREEEE!

Holy shit the music is hilarious

I hope people recreate all the classic HD and Evolution levels and put em up

MYeager

Eurogamer wrote this about the 360 version.

"But what of Xbox 360? According to Digital Foundry's preliminary findings, this one suffers from quite frequent texture pop-in (this also occurs on other formats to a lesser extent) and frame-rate hiccups, although we'll reserve judgement on how much these issues impact gameplay until we have more testing time under our belt. Keep it in mind, though, if you were thinking of grabbing the 360 version"

As someone who is downloading the 360 version at the moment, that's concerning. Hope it runs okay, I hate screen tearing.

Anyone having issues logging into the Ubi servers on PS4? I've been trying for the better part of 2 hours and it's just not happening. Getting pretty bloody annoying...

Isn't the use of rumble triggers and how they impact the game talking about the game?

What console war crap?

AgentP gonna AgentP.

Anyway, I'm really not feeling the ATV nor the FMX tricks system. The tricks system especially seems to require an almost inhuman amount of precision to pull properly, Maybe I just need to practice...

The ATV though, no amount of using it will ever get me to like it. Horrid.

Anyone having issues logging into the Ubi servers on PS4? I've been trying for the better part of 2 hours and it's just not happening. Getting pretty bloody annoying...

I started playing early in the morning and tried to create an account but couldn't connect to their servers. So, it's been down for a long time.

jet1911

I'm playing the PS4 demo. Game is nice but there seems to be some textures streaming problems. The framerate is rock solid though but considering that it looks like the last game in 1080p it is expected. Also WELCOME TO THE FUTURE! MAN MACHINE THE FUSION!

The 360 version sounds rough though i am waiting for DF's full analysis.

Evo already suffered from some issues, it's not surprising Fusion is even worse. I'd definitely get the current gen version if you can/ PS4 version has been flawless for me so far, some minor pop in when you restart a level, but that's pretty much it. Haven't noticed any tearing or frame-rate drops that are said to be in the X1 version...

psychotron

I really can't overstate how excellent a game like this performs with an upgraded HDD. I got a Seagate Hybrid SSD, and this game goes from splash screen to action extremely quick. There's a quick flash of texture pop in as soon as the course loads, but I never see any again, and all other loading is lightening quick. I've seen performance gains on other games too, such as Knack. I picked the game up cheap from Newegg and thought the loading times were terrible. Installed the new HDD and now it's reduced by more than half.

I started playing early in the morning and tried to create an account but couldn't connect to their servers. So, it's been down for a long time.

Thanks, I thought it might be an issue on my end. Hopefully Ubi will get them up and running soon, I really want to check out track central as well as upload my times...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So it turns out I'm $0.60 short in my PSN wallet for this and so Sony wants another $10 from me. This is incredibly frustrating. Publishers really need to tell Sony this isn't acceptable, this isn't the first time I've put off buying or skipped something entirely because of the $10 minimum. Sorry to clog up the thread... Just needed to vent. The price is pretty high overall anyway so I was already on the fence. How do people feel about its value right now? Especially considering they're advertising a season pass as expensive as the game from the beginning.

Polygon review said:
The first words you hear in Trials Fusion are "Welcome to the future! Man! Machine! The future!"

You hear these words in the game's main menu, within a theme song on constantly loop. They're "sung" over a sci-fi, synthy backing track as a way to introduce you to this new, futuristic setting. It's hammy and over the top, but it also feels equally lazy, like it's the easiest way to convey this setting in the fewest amount of words.
Stopped reading right there. This man wouldn't know an amazing theme song if it punched him in the ear drum.

We are discussing the game, the rumble triggers are part of the game, and thus, makes sense that it would factor into someone's buying decision. No reason to get all up in arms, only one trying to start anything is you.

Miles, sorry about before, meant resolution difference, not frame rate!

VanWinkle

The shape. The same problem the "triggers" of the DS3 had.

Come back to me when you platinumed all tracks on both Xb1 and Ps4 (which I will do) and tell me which controller is better suited for this game.

Looking at the leader boards it's pretty clear where trials veterans are playing the game. I already see a few familiar names up there.

Can you explain what specifically makes the DS4 triggers bad for this game? "Shape" tells me nothing, especially considering that the shape is completely different than the DS3 triggers.

I've spent a couple hours on the game and have loved using the DS4 triggers so far. Perfect amount of resistance, and even the slightest nudge down will result in movement. I feel like I have a lot of control and a good range of motion.

dugdug

Banned
So it turns out I'm $0.60 short in my PSN wallet for this and so Sony wants another $10 from me. This is incredibly frustrating. Publishers really need to tell Sony this isn't acceptable, this isn't the first time I've put off buying or skipped something entirely because of the $10 minimum. Sorry to clog up the thread... Just needed to vent. The price is pretty high overall anyway so I was already on the fence. How do people feel about its value right now? Especially considering they're advertising a season pass as expensive as the game from the beginning.

Something's wrong there. That's not how it works on my account. If it's over $5, I just pay the difference, and, I've only ever seen a $5 minimum.

Twinduct

Ok so no Demo for EU. Gave in to the blackmail of that terrible fucking price. Downloading now.

Yo PS4 peeps, test Remote Play. I've got another 5 hours to kill before the game is done downloading.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Pretty expensive here in Sweden/Europe... 179 SEK ($27) / 352 SEK ($54). Not that I was expecting a fair price conversion, but a $20 title is usually about 159 SEK ($24) on PSN here. So we got hit by a little extra Ubisoft greed, I guess. Still getting it though, of course. Standard edition for now, season pass later.

Can you explain what specifically makes the DS4 triggers bad for this game? "Shape" tells me nothing, especially considering that the shape is completely different than the DS3 triggers.

I've spent a couple hours on the game and have loved using the DS4 triggers so far. Perfect amount of resistance, and even the slightest nudge down will result in movement. I feel like I have a lot of control and a good range of motion.

For me, I don't like how flat they are compared to the 360 triggers. I'm so used to those lovely curved devils that it's hard to get use to be a flatter trigger. The funny thing is, it's not been an issue in any other game, but it's one here. It's not as bad when I first started playing though, but I do miss the shape and feel of the 360 triggers. There's a sense of the 360 triggers offering more precision, but that's probably years of only using the 360 controller to play Trials talking than there being anything wrong with the DS4 triggers.

Welcome to my ignore list

Noooo! I actually love it.

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

Damn, what a grea...no. I can't, it's bloody annoying.

MYeager

Stopped reading right there. This man wouldn't know an amazing theme song if it punched him in the ear drum.

This is the part that got me:
Winning in Trials Fusion felt like a battle of attrition rather than a carefully-planned mission. "If I keep brute-forcing this one problematic jump," I thought, "eventually it'll work out for me."

Because unless something has changed, trial and error and honing your skills to eventually pass a track with no faults and under a certain time limit have always been a part of the series. The harder ones could be brute forced past a checkpoint eventually but the point was learning how you accomplished that and applying that understanding.

The review makes this complaint but doesn't say exactly if this is because of a fault with the design of the new tracks or if it was a personal objection to this style of game. Since other complaints in the review are how if differs from the last I'd assume he former maybe, but it's never commented on other than to make that complaint.

Dany

Banned
Who has it on PSN? I need some more ghosts. also gdubbs...sorry for the message, my roommates were being dicks.

Lima

This is the part that got me:

Because unless something has changed, trial and error and honing your skills to eventually pass a track with no faults and under a certain time limit have always been a part of the series. The harder ones could be brute forced past a checkpoint eventually but the point was learning how you accomplished that and applying that understanding.

The review makes this complaint but doesn't say exactly if this is because of a fault with the design of the new tracks or if it was a personal objection to this style of game. Since other complaints in the review are how if differs from the last I'd assume he former maybe, but it's never commented on other than to make that complaint.

I played all of the tracks. If you are skilled at the game and learn how to overcome obstacles there is no need to brute force past anything. I don't even understand what that means when it comes to this game. The reviewer just sucks at the game is my guess.

Jim

Ok so no Demo for EU. Gave in to the blackmail of that terrible fucking price. Downloading now.

Yo PS4 peeps, test Remote Play. I've got another 5 hours to kill before the game is done downloading.

I played several events last night via remote play and was able to pull off some silvers and golds without much effort ("medium" difficulty events), so it worked fine for me. Lack of analog triggers can make it difficult later on I'm sure.

I'll add you both, but the Ubi servers have been down for me since I got it, so ghosts, etc are out for the time being.

Actually, is there a way to add friends on the SEN website? Or does it have to be on the console?

BTW, I couldn't register a Uplay account yesterday... but I still saw ghosts. Maybe it just goes by your PSN friends? Not sure.

Twinduct

Gamespot got you covered...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPUVcCayFZs

Sounds bad.

Thanks and yeah, sounds pretty badly handled. Oh well, guess I'll just play in front of my TV instead of the warm embrace of my bed :<

I played several events last night via remote play and was able to pull off some silvers and golds without much effort ("medium" difficulty events), so it worked fine for me.

Framerate not as choppy as that vid? Or atleast less noticeable with the Vita in hand?

Jim

Thanks and yeah, sounds pretty badly handled. Oh well, guess I'll just play in front of my TV instead of the warm embrace of my bed :<

Framerate not as choppy as that vid? Or atleast less noticeable with the Vita in hand?

Seemed to be a near solid 30fps for me. I was in an area of my house with so-so wifi too.

Top Bottom