• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

LegoArmo

It seems completely counterintuitive, but the trick is to eject and launch right before you hit the end of the ramp.

This is what I did, get as much speed as possible going down the ramp, < > as you get to the end, and then press triangle. I got 129m finally to get the gold medal.

Ashtar

So reading some reviews I'm trying to decide whether to get this (with season pass for 32) or get the Trials evolution on XBL, I only have 2 controllers for PS4, but I have 4 on Xbox..... decisions decisions!

Overdoziz

Banned
Getting some air. I tried so many variations of launching that bastard and none of them got me further than 42m.

I was damn near ready to smash the controller before I decided to cut my losses and carry on.
Are you bailing? I feel like you could reach 40m without even jumping off the bike. You can always check some high ranking replays to see what they do.

Lima

So reading some reviews I'm trying to decide whether to get this (with season pass for 32) or get the Trials evolution on XBL, I only have 2 controllers for PS4, but I have 4 on Xbox..... decisions decisions!

Trials Evo is the better game and it's cheaper. Get that.

Are you bailing? I feel like you could reach 40m without even jumping off the bike. You can always check some high ranking replays to see what they do.

Yeah, I'm bailing but it seems I might be bailing too late. I'll give the above tips a try next time I'm on and hope for the best. I'd be happy with a sliver at this point...

jedimike

I've been skipping all the FMX levels... I'm just not feeling the trick system.

But the quads are a great addition. They feel exactly like a quad should... They have weight and sturdier suspension.

Screen tearing is level specific. I noticed a lot of it on some of the ice world levels but other levels have no tearing at all. Frame rate is solid throughout and I haven't noticed any pop-in on XB1.

Trigger rumble is the real deal. It adds to the game without distraction.

Well I have all golds on easy, and all but that stupid fmx skill game gold on medium. However on hard. Yeah, it's kicking my ass. Finally unlocked expert but there's no way I'm getting anything but bronze. I doubt I'll be able to unlock the last set of tracks at all.

Feels bad man.

But the quads are a great addition. They feel exactly like a quad should... They have weight and sturdier suspension.

Screen tearing is level specific. I noticed a lot of it on some of the ice world levels but other levels have no tearing at all. Frame rate is solid throughout and I haven't noticed any pop-in on XB1.

The only popup I notice is when I restart the entire level and I'm a couple of checkpoints ahead. It was the same for the last couple of games too.

So about the rumble triggers, do they help in gauging acceleration? I imagine that would be extremely helpful during some of the hard tracks if they do...

BashNasty

If you go to leaderboards on any level you can pick a person to have as your ghost.

Sure, but I was huge into both HD and Evo largely because it's fun to compete with your friends list. While I had a PS3 last gen, the vast majority of my multiplayer gaming was done on 360, so my PSN friends list is tiny. Fusion seems like a perfect time to start growing it!

jedimike

So about the rumble triggers, do they help in gauging acceleration? I imagine that would be extremely helpful during some of the hard tracks if they do...

A bit. But to me it feels more about lean. If your leaning too far forward and your back tires are accelerating w/ out traction your trigger will rumble. If your in the groove, no rumble. You're being smooth.

That's my interpretation but I haven't really analyzed what triggers the trigger rumble;-)

owlbeak

I got to 42m and that was on my twentieth attempt. I gave up after that, it's impossible to get gold on that without using some exploit. I'm sure of it...
I have like 137m. Go full speed, and at the end of the ramp, slam on the brakes and bail. The forward momentum of the bike coming to a sudden stop gives you some extra power, and hold the left analog stick at about the 2:00 position.

whitehawk

Banned
Add me on PSN, I need some people to compete with on the leaderboards.

(Quote to reveal my PSN id)

My game crashed when I tried the share function.

What's the secret for the big air skill game? I'm lucky to break 35 metres.
Watch replays. Best way to learn how to beat tracks. They show you the persons button inputs for a reason.

Add me on PSN, I need some people to compete with on the leaderboards.

(Quote to reveal my PSN id)

Watch replays. Best way to learn how to beat tracks. They show you the persons button inputs for a reason.

I've been trying to work out how, I know you can do that in the previous games.

Hixx

Fuck this Ice Climb level. I hate this god damn double jump at A2.

Done it twice but ended up screwing up instantly after just because my mind was, you know, off getting pissed and celebrating leaving me with no motor skills. Brain, please.

A bit. But to me it feels more about lean. If your leaning too far forward and your back tires are accelerating w/ out traction your trigger will rumble. If your in the groove, no rumble. You're being smooth.

That's my interpretation but I haven't really analyzed what triggers the trigger rumble;-)

Thanks. That sounds pretty good. I really want to check it out, but I can't really justify double dipping so soon, especially now that the DS4 is starting to click. Hopefully I can find a retail version on the cheap over the next couple of weeks...

I have like 137m. Go full speed, and at the end of the ramp, slam on the brakes and bail. The forward momentum of the bike coming to a sudden stop gives you some extra power, and hold the left analog stick at about the 2:00 position.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try this out next time I'm on.

whitehawk

Banned
Please explain the better game comment
I'm not sure what game is better yet but Evo has some things that Fusion doesn't.

- Online multiplayer
- Seperate leaderboards for trials/skill games
- More skill games
- Unified community on Xbox 360
- Tournaments

Drakken

Any 360 impressions yet? My only options are 360 and PS3. I have the other ones on 360 so I figured I'd get this on that as well, unless the PS3 version is better for some reason.

BashNasty

Thanks for all the friend requests guys, just added a bunch of you. Lets get competing!

Also, anyone trying out the editor yet? I did a ton of editing in Evo, and so far the new editor feels really similar. Even making the controller transition, all the buttons feel like they're in the right place, and my muscle memory for doing various actions is still intact. There seem to be a few small glitches, such as horrendous pop in while scrolling around the entire world map (though this makes some sense, as you can scroll around the various environments very quickly) and some odd physics glitches I've had while creating a driving line on curved surfaces like pipes (sometimes the bike really, really doesn't want to back up) but overall nothing major.

If I had a complaint, it would be that all the various editor pieces conform heavily to the new futuristic theme, and I've always had a much better time building my courses out of plywood planks and old barrels, but I'm sure I'll find something that works for me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Have played the first three events now (and some of the fourth), and haven't had any serious server issues. A few times it has taken a bit longer than desirable to sync my times (and I did get one server disconnect right in the middle of a race, with an annoying pop-up to accompany it), but most of the time it has been absolutely fine. What is not fine, though, is that the game just completely crashed on me. Not because of using the Share button (that worked without issue when I tried it), the game simply decided to crash when I had completed a level. That needs to get fixed.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yes. The most common bikes used are the Pit Viper and the Roach. Pit Viper for more advanced technical tracks. It's lighter and has more control. Then the Roach is heaver and faster for easy/medium tracks.

It annoys me that you cannot actually see the stats of each bike, like you could in Evo. Why did they have to remove that? I guess you quickly learn which bike is good for what anyway, but I liked being able to immediately see the pros and cons of each.

MYeager

Please explain the better game comment

I don't know why better either, but it's a smarter buy. It's cheaper, is a fantastic game that's worth experiencing with a plethora of user made content. By the time you finish it you'll probably be able to find Fusion on sale, and if you don't like it then you spent less money to find that out.

Jamie OD

Not crazy on the whole future aesthetic but am enjoying the game none the less. PS4 tag is JOD-Jamie for anyone interested in filling up their leaderboards.

Top Bottom