• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Went ahead and bought the retail since I got $5 rewards from BB

$35 ain't too shabby for a physical disc and all the season pass stuff

*glares over at Ground Zeros disc in shame*

PaulLFC

Question for those of you who bought the PS4 deluxe version - does the game, or the store, show that you've purchased the season pass?

I bought the PS4 version on disc, redeemed the season pass code using the "Redeem Code" option in the game - it accepted my season pass code, took a while to process when I hit confirm, but it said the code had been accepted.

Only thing is, the game isn't showing that I've purchased the pass, and when I check the store, the season pass is still showing for £15.99. Did I just get screwed?

Edit: Checking the SEN web store, it does show up in my transaction history that I've "bought" the season pass for £0.00 with a prepaid code. Strange that neither the game or the store acknowledge that, but I'll wait until the first content is out before I contact support - at least I have a record of having redeemed the code now if I need it.

Was there a day one patch for the PS4 version to address the technical issues mentioned in the reviews? I just wondering if I should jump in now or wait a week for the Steam version.

Question for those of you who bought the PS4 deluxe version - does the game, or the store, show that you've purchased the season pass?

I bought the PS4 version on disc, redeemed the season pass code using the "Redeem Code" option in the game - it accepted my season pass code, took a while to process when I hit confirm, but it said the code had been accepted.

Only thing is, the game isn't showing that I've purchased the pass, and when I check the store, the season pass is still showing for £15.99. Did I just get screwed?

Edit: Checking the SEN web store, it does show up in my transaction history that I've "bought" the season pass for £0.00 with a prepaid code. Strange that neither the game or the store acknowledge that, but I'll wait until the first content is out before I contact support - at least I have a record of having redeemed the code now if I need it.

Mine is doing the same thing. I also don't have the hazmat suit for purchasing the season pass. I wonder if that was only for the digital version.

Found the second warp zone

Z2V4lpk.png

NOPE

I got to the last checkpoint in the beta but gave up. It's nearly impossible with that bike. Would be fairly easy with the Pit Viper though.

sneaky77

I think mine was doing that I bought the deluxe on psn

I got to the last checkpoint in the beta but gave up. It's nearly impossible with that bike. Would be fairly easy with the Pit Viper though.

I thought that would be the case when I found the first warp hole. I played a few tries and then quit. I'll try again when when I get the Pit Viper.

Fbh

Just placed my order for a 20 PSN card (damn you sony for not accepting Non-US credit cards). Waiting for the code to arrive.

I was wondering.
The player created levels... are they cross platform? Or as a Ps4 player will I only be able to play levels created by other Ps4 players?

I want to buy this game but I'm not sure what to do. Is it worth buying it with the season pass? What usually comes with that for a game like this? Just extra levels?

From the Polygon review:
Even after Trials Fusion taught me some of the more complex maneuvers through a series of tutorials, success in the later levels felt more like luck after dozens of restarts rather than a mastery of the skills on-hand.

Don't think I've ever read anything more factually incorrect in a video game review in my life.

def sim

I want to buy this game but I'm not sure what to do. Is it worth buying it with the season pass? What usually comes with that for a game like this? Just extra levels?

The pass itself may be sold at a significant discount over the course of its year schedule. The game by itself is content rich as it is.

Add some craziness to your game through additional content! The Season Pass provides you 1 year of additional content and includes 6 DLCs before May 2015. Get the Season Pass to receive all 6 DLCs, featuring new tracks, new bike parts, rider gear, and new items for the track editor, and each DLC will let you enjoy a new Career Mode Event.

The pass itself may be sold at a significant discount over the course of its year schedule. The game by itself is content rich as it is.

Thank you. I guess I'll be buying the stand alone. I totally forgot how much dlc goes on sales for these things especially with PS+. Thanks much :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hit my first real stumbling block on Rock of Rages (Extreme). There's a jump on this track that I simply cannot clear for now. Gonna take some practice. Haven't had much trouble up until this point, the Hard tracks were all relatively easy for me (not that I've no-faulted them, but that's mainly due to not knowing them well enough yet).

Kensuke

This is my first Trials game, so maybe I'm not used to it yet, but goddamn. I just can't control the Pit Viper. It seems like the only viable bike on the harder levels. Can't get through those without committing like 50 faults though. I guess the road to mastery starts here, but it seems really rough.

I also seem to be the only one in this thread that actually likes the FMX levels, haha. They're the easiest levels for me and I find performing various tricks pretty fun. I don't think it's 'finicky' at all.

GoaThief

This is my first Trials game, so maybe I'm not used to it yet, but goddamn. I just can't control the Pit Viper. It seems like the only viable bike on the harder levels.
The Pit Viper is beautiful once you get the hang of it. I'd use it all the time if it were fast enough. :-(

Being gentle with the throttle is key, don't tense either as I've noted myself doing on Master levels after failing a few times in the same spot.

Consistency is the problem I find with the FMX crap, sometimes it just won't hold. How high have you got on the leaderboards with it?

Kensuke

The Pit Viper is beautiful once you get the hang of it. I'd use it all the time if it were fast enough. :-(

Being gentle with the throttle is key, don't tense either as I've noted myself doing on Master levels after failing a few times in the same spot.

Consistency is the problem I find with the FMX crap, sometimes it just won't hold. How high have you got on the leaderboards with it?

Being gentle with the PS4 trigger is a bit tough, it's too easy to push it all the way in. I'll try to learn. I'm having more trouble with multiple bunny hopping scenarios and climbing those 'single box' obstacles. That stuff is driving me crazy.

The trick to FMX is to perform a single stunt and to avoid spinning. If you start spinning before doing the stunt or spin multiple times the pose won't hold or you'll lose control. Once you get the hang of that you can start doing stunts with the bike upside down (underdog and others). You get more points from those and you do spin once, but won't lose control easily. With this I consistently get 5000~ points from each jump.

I'm not attacking the leaderboards yet, satisfied with gold at the moment. PSN: Wretched_Walrus

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So, the Roach is the fastest bike (i.e. the one you should use for Easy/Medium), right? Hate that they don't show you the bikes' stats anymore. Is the Rabbit good for anything, or is it just a joke bike? Haven't tried it yet.

Top Bottom