• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Also, darn you BTCurley, you keep beating my times lol.
lol I did see your ghost a lot. I cheated and went back to the early tracks with a better bike. Gets me high on the leaderboards for now and makes me feel good about myself until everyone else does the same. =( I shouldn't have added Jet ;)

I hope you added me - johnyqd - even at 36 I feel like these youngsters are rolling over me more easily then they should. I need some advantage!
Haha will do.

Bsigg12

That moment when you realize that tomorrow being payday means that you can buy a new game tonight. Anyone playing on X1?

Yes, Gamefreak2590 send me a message so I can follow you so we show up on the leaderboards. Also if anyone else on Xbox One wants to add me, PM me saying you're from GAF so I can follow you.

U2NUMB

The editor is really sort of clunky but it does get the job done. I think I am going to double dip..

so Add me on PSN or X1 with the tag: U2NUMB

I enjoy the menus as well.. they updated track central from the last game and overall I enjoy that experience but so far.. I have enjoyed the world of Evo but I hope that changes.

th4tguy

Add me on PSN: CGKYOU
Looking for more people on my leaderboards. I'm clearing content slowly because I'm making videos.

The Flash

Banned
Yes, Gamefreak2590 send me a message so I can follow you so we show up on the leaderboards. Also if anyone else on Xbox One wants to add me, PM me saying you're from GAF so I can follow you.

The editor is really sort of clunky but it does get the job done. I think I am going to double dip..

so Add me on PSN or X1 with the tag: U2NUMB

Sent you both James Brown inspired messages

Gotta say this game is beautiful. Just got to the 4 wheeler track that's side scrolling and I said wow. Go back and replay it and do the gyroscope challege and it's even more beautiful in the moonlight -
reverse through the brick wall at the start and you'll run into the gyro

Edit: Loving the challenges! On the next track trying to bail into the soccer ball and score a wonder goal, lols.

SZips

Just got the game tonight and it's been a blast for the most part. The FMX trick stuff feels super clunky and I'm not sure how long until I'm going to get a good grasp on how it works. There's some low-res texture loading that's noticeable almost every time I restart a course.

Other than that though, it's a pretty solid Trials game so far. Obviously, Uplay isn't working for me either, but that hasn't seemed to have screwed anything up that I can tell.

If anybody wants to add me on PSN for some Trials times that you can (probably) easily beat, go right on ahead: DigitalZips

I just finished playing a little while ago. I might be on later, and will most certainly be on tomorrow to add anyone who may add me.

viveks86

My God! This game is tough! I'm struggling with the challenges on the very first track right after training! Managed to get a gold medal but the side challenges are ridiculous! :'(

It's crazy addictive. Tried at least 50 times before I thought I should move on and get better at other skills.

I have lost my trials virginity! :D

Gotta say this game is beautiful. Just got to the 4 wheeler track that's side scrolling and I said wow. Go back and replay it and do the gyroscope challege and it's even more beautiful in the moonlight -
reverse through the brick wall at the start and you'll run into the gyro

Edit: Loving the challenges! On the next track trying to bail into the soccer ball and score a wonder goal, lols.

That's awesome, thanks for letting us know. It does look much nicer.

Anyone know where the squirrels are??

jet1911

These challenges are pretty cool. There's one where you need to stick a bomb on you and drop into a hole to destroy a building lol

whitehawk

Banned
Just finished getting gold medals on every single track. Inferno IV was tough. I got 44 faults and 5:14. 44 faults is exactly the limit for the gold medal :lol Clutch!

RoKKeR

And now I'm to the point where everything is fucking rage inducing, haha.

I've already met my match. Fucking Covert Ops has violated me.

RoKKeR

My God! This game is tough! I'm struggling with the challenges on the very first track right after training! Managed to get a gold medal but the side challenges are ridiculous! :'(

It's crazy addictive. Tried at least 50 times before I thought I should move on and get better at other skills.

I have lost my trials virginity! :D

The first track!?

Dude, you haven't even gotten to dinner yet. :p

To anyone who's beat all the extremes, what bike did you use for Inferno IV? I've been trying the rabbit for the last half hour, and there's a jump where it just doesn't feel like I can get enough momentum to make it.

BashNasty

To anyone who's beat all the extremes, what bike did you use for Inferno IV? I've been trying the rabbit for the last half hour, and there's a jump where it just doesn't feel like I can get enough momentum to make it.

I can't imagine anything but the Pit Viper would be very useful on Inferno IV.

Fbh

Finally finished downloading.
Overall it's great. I'll have to agree with some reviews saying it's just more of the same (at least so far) but that's exactly what I wanted.
The new art style is great and I'm liking some of the futuristic settings.

The only negative part so far is that texture loading is still an issue. I get it when you reset a level but sometimes I see some random texture pop-ins even while playing (Ps4).

whitehawk

Banned
Pit Viper and only Pit Viper. The rabbit is nothing more than a novelty bike.

Daigoro

finally got a clear answer about how the global leaderboards work for Fusion. from a dev on the Redlynx forums:

Global leaderboard works just like in Trials Evolution, it only counts "trials" tracks.
like pulling fucking teeth to get this info! :p

probably going to pick this up on XBONE tomorrow after I try out the demos for both 360/ONE. unless I really hate the demo... not loving some of the decisions they made with this game, but it Trials, so its pretty much a given that im going to buy it.

gt: Daigoro

add me if you want some competition.

Downloaded it last night. PS4 version.

As a huge Trials HD & Evo fan, this game is great, at lest first impression-wise. :)
Beautiful vistas, tight controls (took a while to get used to DS4 over X360 controller, though).
Great job RedLynx.

viveks86

Can people add me? Need more players to compete against. I'm so going to beat this game. Just wait #Vision2020

PSN: viveksundaram

see5harp

Played both. PS4 version is certainly crisper but where I noticed it mostly was just the text. Also the level with the tearing on xbox is pretty much perfect on PS4. The texture pop in on restart seems to be identical on both. I have to say, as much as the triggers on the Dual shock have improved, I still have a slight preference to the xbox controller for this game.

Loved the demo and just bought it. I can already tell this is going to be a very frustrating
experience.

Edit: Add me on psn too! I've got like no ps4 friends on there. DevilDude909 (sony really needs to let me change this I was way too young).

Vire

Just downloaded the demo on PS4 and couldn't help but crack up when the cheesy song kicked in at the title screen.

"WELCOME TO THE FUUUTURE".

Question for those of you who bought the PS4 deluxe version - does the game, or the store, show that you've purchased the season pass?

I bought the PS4 version on disc, redeemed the season pass code using the "Redeem Code" option in the game - it accepted my season pass code, took a while to process when I hit confirm, but it said the code had been accepted.

Only thing is, the game isn't showing that I've purchased the pass, and when I check the store, the season pass is still showing for £15.99. Did I just get screwed?

Edit: Checking the SEN web store, it does show up in my transaction history that I've "bought" the season pass for £0.00 with a prepaid code. Strange that neither the game or the store acknowledge that, but I'll wait until the first content is out before I contact support - at least I have a record of having redeemed the code now if I need it.

It tells you before you buy the deluxe edition not to buy the DLC again, because you will be charged even though you have it. It's a bit silly really, but I guess it doesn't register as a sale of the season pass if you buy it in the deluxe pack

Played about 5 hours so far, really don't like the FMX stuff, everything else is great.

The song that plays when you start the game is comedy gold.

Vuze

Played about 2h on PC (campaign 50%) now and I also dislike the FMX thing. While I thought it would be cool it turned out rather gimmicky and controles feel pretty inaccurate too imo.

Performance-wise it runs great for me, not a single drop from 60fps @ 1080p on my modest rig. Could have used some more polishing graphics-wise but apart from that. The title song is amazingly catchy btw haha

Yasir

Love the game. The fact it displays the ghosts on during your runs, almost makes me feel like not playing LOL

I'm far too competitive for my own good; spent 45 mins on the 3rd track on beginner because i wanted top spot on my friends list!

wouwie

I bought this game yesterday. My first Trails game and it's every bit as good as i had hoped, especially gameplay wise. I intend to spend a lot of time with this game.

Overall, i think that the menus (layout and UI) could have been a bit better. For example, it would have been nice to see the time required for each medal (instead of only the time of the next medal to be unlocked). Visually, i have always found the Trials games to be not my cup of tea though (watched some youtube videos of the previous games). But that doesn't matter when the gameplay is as fun.

If the DLC is worth it, i might buy a season pass for this. I can't wait to continue playing tonight.

Redshirt

Banned
I'm loving it on the XB1. It's definitely worth $20. I'll wait for the first DLC to decide if the season pass is worth another $20.

Top Bottom