• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

just 2 more medals and i'm gonna unlock the extreme tracks.
love the game so far but the fmx elements feel completely out of place.
also had to mute the narrator after 5 minutes.

ps id: King_Sabotage
feel free to add me.

Arturo

I just added a lot of you, guys. My PSN ID is Zimor
Feel free to add me.

Added a ton of you on PSN. Will probably regret it as I drop down the leaderboard. BTCurley
Oh and know if I'm ahead of you on the leaderboards that your being outdone by a 43 yr old. ;D

Hey, another 40 year old here :) Let's see how these youngsters behave… XD

Just barely unlocked all of the extreme tracks. The majority of the medium and hard tracks were really really well designed. I think Redlynx Derby is my favorite right now... Not amazingly hard, but fun fun fun. Really enjoying Fusion!

And this is the perfect game to snap with netflix. Stayed up all night playing with Bob's Burgers running. I'm going to regret not sleeping.

Gamertag is Matty aka Matty if anyone wants to add me for leaderboards.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Only was able to play for a few hours yesterday after work, so far, I really like the trick aspect. It's difficult, and feels like something that can be mastered. Also, I can't wait to try my hand at the track creator, considering that in evo I made a homerun derby and basketball game.

My XBL name is: IRay Wonder if anyone wants to add me, I need some competition!!

just 2 more medals and i'm gonna unlock the extreme tracks.
love the game so far but the fmx elements feel completely out of place.
also had to mute the narrator after 5 minutes.

ps id: King_Sabotage
feel free to add me.

Agreed.

Only a handful of hard tracks which aren't much of a challenge at all.

Too much emphasis on trying to be "cool"

psychotron

psn: deathrattlehead
same for xbox live

If they don't fix the fact that this game locks up when you hit the share button I'm going to lose it, lol.

pieman

Neo Member
Feel free to add me as well

XBL: DM2

You don't get people you are following in the leader boards, only those who have followed you back.

DirtyLarry

Added a ton of you on PSN. Will probably regret it as I drop down the leaderboard. BTCurley
Oh and know if I'm ahead of you on the leaderboards that your being outdone by a 43 yr old. ;D
Quoting you so I can remember to add you on PSN, us elders have to stick together (will be 40 in a few months myself)

Montresor

I hate the FMX stuff so far. Seems like a bad addition. Hopefully I warm up to it.

I breezed through the first couple of worlds but now I am finally 20-faulting the hard levels and getting my ass beat. Feels good. I love encountering a difficult jump/ramp and overcoming it after loads of tries. =)

Lima

I hate the FMX stuff so far. Seems like a bad addition. Hopefully I warm up to it.

I breezed through the first couple of worlds but now I am finally 20-faulting the hard levels and getting my ass beat. Feels good. I love encountering a difficult jump/ramp and overcoming it after loads of tries. =)

Also lol you will never get the full 1000 on this. I misunderstood the achievement for completing all the challenges in the first 8 events.

I thought that would mean you know the first 8 tracks, no they mean the first 8 events excluding the DLC that comes out later. An event is the set of tracks inside. So you need to complete all 3 challenges for every track which includes getting 0 faults on all extreme tracks.

This bitch will be the hardest 1000 and platinum trophy there is.

Need to do a mass adding spree tonight. I played some more last night (now sober) and I'm loving playing with the DS4. I find it better than the 360 controller even.

I don't know how interested people would be but I thought this could simplify adding people in mass to your friends list for Trials. I made a PSN account called NeoGAF_Trials and figure people could friend it to create a giant list of users to be able to add quickly and easier. Once you've friended that account you can see its friends list and just go down it adding people super easy (instead of typing each name from each post). Also, if anybody wanted to do community challenges eventually it'd be the best way to grab that info too. I have it set to only friends can view its friends list but I could change that to be more public if needed.

PSN Name (for this idea): NeoGAF_Trials

MYeager

A little disappointed in the game. I'm still enjoying it and having fun but the majority of the tracks are very easy. I wouldn't mind if they were at least more creative but they're mostly standard tracks. There were a lot of cool easy-medium user created tracts that used things like magnetic surfaces, portals, and so on in Evolution that were more interesting than many of the tracks here. The difficulty level doesn't curve so much as barely exist until the Hard tracks.

Of course I couldn't get it connected to Ubi's servers at all last night and so it was missing something since there were no ghosts to chase or leaderboards, but I liked the Evolution DLC tracks more than any of Evolutions. Hope the DLC for this will be better and the community tracks are cool.

DirtyLarry

I don't know how interested people would be but I thought this could simplify adding people in mass to your friends list for Trials. I made a PSN account called NeoGAF_Trials and figure people could friend it to create a giant list of users to be able to add quickly and easier. Once you've friended that account you can see its friends list and just go down it adding people super easy (instead of typing each name from each post). Also, if anybody wanted to do community challenges eventually it'd be the best way to grab that info too. I have it set to only friends can view its friends list but I could change that to be more public if needed.

Good idea. Friend request sent.

I was sleeping on the fact one could do Friend Requests from their smartphone and/or tablet. Just accepted a bunch and will send out some as the day goes on.

Lima

A little disappointed in the game. I'm still enjoying it and having fun but the majority of the tracks are very easy. I wouldn't mind if they were at least more creative but they're mostly standard tracks. There were a lot of cool easy-medium user created tracts that used things like magnetic surfaces, portals, and so on in Evolution that were more interesting than many of the tracks here. The difficulty level doesn't curve so much as barely exist until the Hard tracks.

Of course I couldn't get it connected to Ubi's servers at all last night and so it was missing something since there were no ghosts to chase or leaderboards, but I liked the Evolution DLC tracks more than any of Evolutions. Hope the DLC for this will be better and the community tracks are cool.

The same was true for Evolution if you had played HD. There is nothing challenging in the beginner, easy and medium tracks for a experienced player.

They kept the ultra hard stuff for the DLC in Evo though so I expect the same here. But with the challenges on each track they already have the hardest achievement/trophy out there so it's not like the game is easy.

Excellent idea, will add when home from work.

NeoRausch

genius! gonna add you and join!
should be added to the OP in my opinion.

edit:

you should send a PM to whitehawk!

FCMaxi

Great idea, added.

Great idea. Hopping on this as soon as I get home.

We're up to 4 (including me)! Once the ball gets rolling it will work out really well though. More efficient than google docs list at least.

genius! gonna add you and join!
should be added to the OP in my opinion.

edit:

you should send a PM to whitehawk!

I just did. Glad people are interested.

MYeager

The same was true for Evolution if you had played HD. There is nothing challenging in the beginner, easy and medium tracks for a experienced player.

They kept the ultra hard stuff for the DLC in Evo though so I expect the same here. But with the challenges on each track they already have the hardest achievement/trophy out there so it's not like the game is easy.

I might be remembering it too fondly, but I felt the curve was better there, with one or two tougher obstacles thrown into the middle of the track list, like Sewage Plant's fountains that could drive a person crazy. Compare Meltdown to any of the third series of tracks in Fusion. I didn't mind the easier tracks in Evolution because they were fun and interesting, the ones in Fusion are kind of bland by comparison.

Between challenges, shaving seconds off of the runs of those tracks and Track Central there's plenty to keep going back for I just had higher expectations for Fusion. I love Trials, and it's more Trials so I'm still happy with getting it.

Wow that is a great idea!

EDIT friend request sent!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Also lol you will never get the full 1000 on this. I misunderstood the achievement for completing all the challenges in the first 8 events.

I thought that would mean you know the first 8 tracks, no they mean the first 8 events excluding the DLC that comes out later. An event is the set of tracks inside. So you need to complete all 3 challenges for every track which includes getting 0 faults on all extreme tracks.

This bitch will be the hardest 1000 and platinum trophy there is.

There's no platinum trophy, for whatever reason. Guess it's not considered a "large" enough game. But Resogun got one, so I don't know what the heck Sony's rules for this are.

BlindRage

Bros newegg has 20% off Microsoft store gift cards if you use the code EMCPFWC25 at checkout which are just as good as xbl money. So if $16 sounds a little better than $20 for trials or you could buy more to get the season pass cheaper as well.

beanman25

Guys. I can't beat the FMx trial.

I have no idea how to do the trick its asking for.

It seems like the trick I do is random!

EDIT: Got it, but got lucky!

The_Monk

Quick question my good GAFfers, I was considering picking this up soon to play with my little nephew but I would like to know something:

How do you proceed in this game? Is it like the last one where you need to achieve a certain amount of medals before going to other levels or can I keep playing and advancing on the game even if I only do the worst possible scenario and barely get any medals or just the bronze one?

MYeager

Quick question my good GAFfers, I was considering picking this up soon to play with my little nephew but I would like to know something:

How do you proceed in this game? Is it like the last one where you need to achieve a certain amount of medals before going to other levels or can I keep playing and advancing on the game even if I only do the worst possible scenario and barely get any medals or just the bronze one?

You do need to get a certain amount of medals to unlock the next set of tracks.

pieman

Neo Member

If you get only bronze medals you won't get enough to unlock the later tracks, I am not good at the game and have 83 medals after about 3 hours play.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

As the above posters said, yeah, you need medals to unlock more sets of tracks. But to be honest, if you're not good enough at the game to get better than bronze on the Beginner and Easy tracks (even Medium, really), you probably won't stand much of a chance against the later tracks anyway. Golding the first few sets of tracks is really easy if you're even halfway decent at it. I know you said you'll be paying it with your nephew, but if the issue is that he might not be good enough to unlock more tracks, couldn't you just go back and quickly rack up some more medals so you can keep going?

th4tguy

Just posted a high score on balancing act (put me in the top 100) but now I have been disconnected from the servers. I'm crossing my fingers it posted..... Sitting here retrying connection to servers over and over, no luck yet.

Will scores you earn in offline mod post once you've connected to the servers again or are they pretty much lost?

sneaky77

The thing to remember is that if you are brand new it just takes time. My first trials game was evo and in that game at first it was complicated to figure it out until it starts clicking

The_Monk

but if the issue is that he might not be good enough to unlock more tracks, couldn't you just go back and quickly rack up some more medals so you can keep going?

Yes, that was my plan fellow GAFfer, considering I can do it. ;) He's 8 and he is already pretty good at some games. I'm going to see if I can download the demo this week and if I'm happy I might get it. Again, thank you all for answering. The game releases today in here and I need to see if I can find in Physical form, if not, it's okay.

pieman

Neo Member
Just posted a high score on balancing act (put me in the top 100) but now I have been disconnected from the servers. I'm crossing my fingers it posted..... Sitting here retrying connection to servers over and over, no luck yet.

Will scores you earn in offline mod post once you've connected to the servers again or are they pretty much lost?

When I had problems with connection to uplay last night the message I got was if you are not connected the scores won't post, they all seemed to post ok once I retried the connection, but if you are offline from uplay when you set a time don't expect it to post later.

see5harp

I haven't played the game today, but all day yesterday I could not connect to the ubisoft server. Anyone else? Ps4

I didn't have a problem playing yesterday, but the leaderboards and ghosts were all sorts of fucked up. I know people on my list have played but the servers must have been down when they actually played.

Yeah just beat a previous best time but the leaderboards aren't loading. Hope it saves as this is what the game is all about.
Edit: And nope it did not. Argh! Leaderboard shows my old time.

Top Bottom