• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Jarrod38

Finally got to use the ATV and I enjoyed it more than the FMX bike. Just wish the Skill Games where on their own instead of mixed with the campaign.

I will be buying this tonight on ps4.
I need some ghosts.

So please feel free to send me a friend request. PSN ID is Bright-Light

If anyone sends a request, please excuse my somewhat racist avatar. I keep forgetting to change it.

Kensuke

Added a bunch of people that sent me a request on PSN. My username is Wretched_Walrus over there, that's the name you guys will be seeing on top of your friends leaderboard. :p

Servers seem to be down right now though, Uplay won't log me in.

whiteape

The game is unplayable for me right now on PS4. I'm sitting only in front of loading or saving screens. Play 1 minute - wait 3 minutes for the next level. Come on ubisoft!

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I didn't see or experience any issues on the xbox version with leaderboards. Their PS4 servers must be getting crushed.

I haven't had an issue either, but I haven't played today. The only problem I've had so far with the XB1 version is tearing, and a glitch the when I restart after I finish a map the blue bar at the bottom stays up... I was curious as to if the latter problem is XB1 specific?

The game is unplayable for me right now on PS4. I'm sitting only in front of loading or saving screens. Play 1 minute - wait 3 minutes for the next level. Come on ubisoft!

You're doing it wrong. You should be playing the same level over and over again to achieve the perfect run. Oh, I didn't land with my back tire first on the downhill? RESTART!

You get to play for 20 minutes before waiting 2 minutes for the next level.

Of course I'm kidding but I don't think you're getting one minute runs on many of the courses

Bsigg12

I didn't see or experience any issues on the xbox version with leaderboards. Their PS4 servers must be getting crushed.

Eh I doubt that. This seems like an issue for Ubisoft's server connections with Sony because it has been going on since Tuesday. After the launch day surge there wouldn't ever be a huge influx of players like that. There's something not working correctly.

Really good installment. Feels a little bit less meaty than Evolution, but maybe that's because I'm used to playing it with all of the DLC they've added on over the course of a year or so...

Daigoro

yikes the demo is terrible for this game. they dont even let you try FMX? lol

anyways, it definitely feels like DLC for EVO, but that's to be expected.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Man, the XB1 trigger rumble is pretty great for this game. Insanely helpful for a scrub like me who has trouble feathering the gas in sections.

Nice of Ubisoft/Redlynx to attach the game to Ubisoft servers and when I cant connect to them - despite the many devices in my house that are currently connected to my internet including my Xbox One which is signed into live and I get screens every 2 seconds telling me to sign in. Too many menus as well, at the end of a race if I got a gold medal just let me go to the next one already..

Game is fun though

cresto

Man, the XB1 trigger rumble is pretty great for this game. Insanely helpful for a scrub like me who has trouble feathering the gas in sections.

Nice! I haven't gotten the chance to play on my XBO, but I like hearing that dev's are using it. Seems like a good use of the function.

see5harp

Yea the trigger rumble is pretty nice. It's more pronounced than even forza from what I can tell. Pretty sweet when your front fire starts slipping and you barely hold onto a wheelie.

They need to patch that leader board issue stat. It hasn't happened to me yet, but getting a high score and not having it officially count because you were offline is BS.

MMaRsu

Just press circle when it says its saving. Instead its trying to connect.

GeeDuhb

It tells you before you buy the deluxe edition not to buy the DLC again, because you will be charged even though you have it. It's a bit silly really, but I guess it doesn't register as a sale of the season pass if you buy it in the deluxe pack

Honestly, all of the season passes that I have bought previously have worked this way. I think it is because they are different "SKU" numbers (each pack vs. the SP) so the game knows you have the SP, but the store doesn't...if that makes sense lol. That's why when the DLC becomes available, you just download it from the "in-game store."

Love the game. The fact it displays the ghosts on during your runs, almost makes me feel like not playing LOL

I'm far too competitive for my own good; spent 45 mins on the 3rd track on beginner because i wanted top spot on my friends list!

YES! This is the essence of Trials! So damn frustrating, but so damn addicting at the same time! It is quite the dangerous combination! But the value you can get out of a $20 game because of this is crazy, especially considering all the user created stuff.

SFenton

Okay guys, help me out a little bit.

1) Where the hell is the Track Editor? I feel stupid for not being able to find it.
2) Can you create local multiplayer maps, like in Evo? If not, I'm going to mentally blast RedLynx for only including ten tracks.
3) I can't figure out how to save custom tracks to my console (again, like you could in Evo). How do you do this?

I feel frustrated that I'm too dumb to figure any of this out.

Lima

Honestly, all of the season passes that I have bought previously have worked this way. I think it is because they are different "SKU" numbers (each pack vs. the SP) so the game knows you have the SP, but the store doesn't...if that makes sense lol. That's why when the DLC becomes available, you just download it from the "in-game store."

This is how it worked last gen because season passes were an afterthought.

Looks like Sony kept that same system in place while Microsoft changed it with the Xbox One. Ah well it's a minor annoyance at most.

grkazan12

Question, I downloaded the demo for trials yesterday on PS4 and I just bought the Digital Deluxe version on PSN today. Will the purchase just unlock the demo version to the full version or would I have to delete the demo version and download the full version?

GodofWine

I should know this...and im sure its somewhere in here...but why do I need a Uplay account?? Are the leadeboards im seeing not the same as you get in uplay??

Im adding some of you guys who left ids here.

add me for more ghost racing frustration
psn TheGodOfWine

Jeez, when I went to sleep last night, all I had playing in my head was "WELCOME TO THE FUUUUUUTURE!"

Hahahaha I know right. Such a catchy song.

Well, played it on both PS4 and Xbone. PS4 version looks better but the Xbone triggers totally make the game easier to control for me.

Hixx

Well that's a bit silly.

RedLynx derby track, nail it for 2 faults, 2.30 on my first few goes, which was good enough for top 100 (just, you'll see in a sec).

On trying to better it I get it to 3 faults but bang on 2 mins. So I've shaved 30 seconds off at the expense of an extra fault. That extra fault is all it cares about when I go back to the leaderboards and in the meantime I've fell a spot out of the top 100
LLShC.gif

There is no online multiplayer. But if you mean leaderboards and stuff, no, you don't need a Uplay account or anything. You do connect to Ubisoft servers, but it uses your PSN/XBL account.

If you're decent at Trials it doesn't get very challenging until the Extreme tracks. A couple of the Hard ones are tricky enough for me to not 0-fault them yet, but I have no trouble beating them. Just need to learn them better to be able to do it with few/no faults.

God damn I thought the game had multiplayer. That sucks.

statham

Just played my first hard level after the training. 34 restarts, think I'll finish off the med. levels before I try these.

Well that's a bit silly.

RedLynx derby track, nail it for 2 faults, 2.30 on my first few goes, which was good enough for top 100 (just, you'll see in a sec).

On trying to better it I get it to 3 faults but bang on 2 mins. So I've shaved 30 seconds off at the expense of an extra fault. That extra fault is all it cares about when I go back to the leaderboards and in the meantime I've fell a spot out of the top 100
LLShC.gif

This is true for all Trials games ever. A 29 minute run with no faults will always beat a 2 minute run with 1 fault.

PaulLFC

I may be remembering wrong but I'm sure on Evolution you could view anyone's replays on the leaderboard to see how they did - did they remove that option? I can't find it on Fusion.

I tried a created skill game which I had no idea how to pass so I went to the leaderboards to see how someone who'd passed it did it - it doesn't look like that's an option any more.

viveks86

I don't know how interested people would be but I thought this could simplify adding people in mass to your friends list for Trials. I made a PSN account called NeoGAF_Trials and figure people could friend it to create a giant list of users to be able to add quickly and easier. Once you've friended that account you can see its friends list and just go down it adding people super easy (instead of typing each name from each post). Also, if anybody wanted to do community challenges eventually it'd be the best way to grab that info too. I have it set to only friends can view its friends list but I could change that to be more public if needed.

PSN Name (for this idea): NeoGAF_Trials

You sir, are a genius! Adding NeoGAF_Trials as soon as I get home

Hixx

I may be remembering wrong but I'm sure on Evolution you could view anyone's replays on the leaderboard to see how they did - did they remove that option? I can't find it on Fusion.

I tried a created skill game which I had no idea how to pass so I went to the leaderboards to see how someone who'd passed it did it - it doesn't look like that's an option any more.

I've used it so it's definitely in. Not sure what the limitations are, I've just grabbed one of the Top 10 times ghosts a couple of times.

Top Bottom