• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Massa

So can we finally log into the Ubi servers on the PS4? I've decided not to play any more until I can upload my times/download others as well as access track central.

I could play fine yesterday night, but it seems they've had some server issues across all platforms today.

Finally got into the game last night on PS4. Really loving the 1080p/60fps presentation. Although it really does just look like their old engine ported over. Same texture pop in, and some rough background issues, like shadows. Not bad, but it could have been better tbh.

I got all the way up to the first hard tracks last night, and I'm definitely feeling like the tricks stuff and 4 wheeler are rather pointless additions. I'd rather just have more tracks to ride my motorcycles on. IMO Trials is one of those games you'd have to screw up really bad to make a bad one, and these missteps don't ruin the experience for me, but they do dirty it up just a little.

I'm sure I'll be playing this on and off for the remainder of the year, especially as DLC packs show up, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I think Evolution is probably a more fully realized package. The tracks in that game feel a little more memorable to me than this game, so far.

Zeth

Well color me surprised. The iOS game is actually sorta fun. Tons of production value.

Careful, I'm already out $10 on it. And I don't buy things in f2p games as a rule. The fuel system is utter bullshit - worst of the worst in terms of mobile games monetization. Offensive, almost insulting.

It's pretty damn fun though.

1560618_1375489102736359_2231696617999671298_n.jpg

My trials guy.

sneaky77

I agree with those that don't feel the trick system, granted i've only done a couple of tracks but I rather they would have added a few extra trial tracks or online trial track

qbicfeet

Careful, I'm already out $10 on it. And I don't buy things in f2p games as a rule. The fuel system is utter bullshit - worst of the worst in terms of mobile games monetization. Offensive, almost insulting.

Personally, I'm not as bothered by the energy system as much as the wheel of fortune bullshit that is required for any sort of progression. It sort of becomes a carnival simulator with a motorcycle-minigame padded in between all spins.

But yeah, it's pretty fun. Plus I feel the setting is much better and enjoyable than Fusion's sterile future theme.

I could play fine yesterday night, but it seems they've had some server issues across all platforms today.

Sigh, I was even on last night and it wouldn't log me in.

I guess I'll check it out later and hope I get lucky, but this is becoming extremely frustrating. Never had this problem on the 360. Not saying this is a PS4/Sony issue, it clearly isn't, but I don't understand how the online component is such a mess compared to how it worked on the 360.

see5harp

Well I can already feel the time gate, but I'm just sitting at work and will play on breaks. I have no problem with that sorta design as I happily play Candy Crush on breaks as well.

Flo_Evans

Personally, I'm not as bothered by the energy system as much as the wheel of fortune bullshit that is required for any sort of progression. It sort of becomes a carnival simulator with a motorcycle-minigame padded in between all spins.

But yeah, it's pretty fun. Plus I feel the setting is much better and enjoyable than Fusion's sterile future theme.

I feel like they spent way more time on the story/characters/setting in the iOS version. Kind of sad but they will probably make more money on it.

There are a LOT of "collect these parts from random spins" but also a lot of pure skill based challenges.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Ugh, the wheel is so terrible.

MYeager

Sigh, I was even on last night and it wouldn't log me in.

I guess I'll check it out later and hope I get lucky, but this is becoming extremely frustrating. Never had this problem on the 360. Not saying this is a PS4/Sony issue, it clearly isn't, but I don't understand how the online component is such a mess compared to how it worked on the 360.

It's a uPlay/Ubisoft server issue, I'm on the 360 and Fusion hasn't been able to connect online at all though I'm logged into Live. Evolution didn't have these problems and it's annoying to know that none of my times have saved. Considering it's a major part of the game I hope they will sort this out quickly.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The game seems to result in an unresponsive game that doesn't respond to button presses when you use the share feature in any capacity. When you then try to Close Application it then crashes to a CE-34878-0 error. Anyone else have this problem or am I alone?

On PS4 that is.

I need help on that last part of warp zone 1 (green square zone). Tried it for thirty minutes and just could not finish the bastard off. Any tips?

MMaRsu

FMX is somewhat fun. But it doesn't hold a candle to great Trial levels. FMX is just a nice sidestep, I don't mind it.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
The game seems to result in an unresponsive game that doesn't respond to button presses when you use the share feature in any capacity. When you then try to Close Application it then crashes to a CE-34878-0 error. Anyone else have this problem or am I alone?

On PS4 that is.

Happens for me too which sucks because I love to get vids and stuff.... I also have a friend who can't see my times/ghosts. Doesn't make any sense since i can see his.... kinda shitty.

Oh well, Add me for time battles PSN ID: TheTrinidad

Staal

Trials coming to PS4 was a dealbreaker, from the moment it was announced I knew I most likely would not get an X1. Loved Evolution and so far this is more of the same (which is fine by me).

The video sharing tool is cool with this game, posting the video of your times on facebook.
Tried it with remote play on the Vita.... and it didn't suck actually. Still missing the actual triggers, but it will do.

Added a whole bunch, but please add drsStaal for more leaderboard competition (well... an addition to the leaderboards).

MYeager

I think FMX is pretty lame. Trials veterans, what do you think?

I don't mind it as a side activity but it doesn't seem like I can pull of the stunt I'm trying to accurately when I want to. Glad I can mostly ignore it and that the FMX tracks are easy to get a high score on.

When I get home in about an hour I'll accept anyone friends request to the GAF Trials friends list that I haven't yet. To be added just send a friends request to NeoGAF_Trials.

I need help on that last part of warp zone 1 (green square zone). Tried it for thirty minutes and just could not finish the bastard off. Any tips?
It took me 160 tries but I got it done. Honestly its all about the bunny hop, the worst part is that you have two blocks to master and if you get past the first one and still fall, you repeat the process.

It takes a lot of time and patience and (hand cramps) but it can be done.

All about momentum and the bike physics.

But yeah Warp Zone 1 was a bitch lol.

On PS4 that is.

Yes, I've had this happen twice now and, yes, I'm someone that is always taking screenshots in PS4 games (I love it myself). I've had my PS4 since launch and fitted a 1.5 TB HGST 5K1500 drive about three weeks ago. In that time, I've only encountered error CE-34878-0 while viewing *only* screenshots oddly on both the original and my new hard drive. This is the first time I've seen this error with a game and I have a lot of games installed (19 disc ones and about the same number of digital downloads, including FFXIV:ARR).

That said, the game, magnificent and addictive as it is, is a little rough around the edges with some hideous texture pop in and intrusive loading times which really shouldn't be happening on a console that has around 5 GB of usable memory. I could forgive these issues on the Xbox 360 and PS3 as they don't have a lot of RAM so textures might have to be streamed but if a track is loaded entirely into memory then why are we seeing pop in? It is really jarring when you reset to a checkpoint and continue playing as the textures draw back in. It's a shame really as the level design, art and lighting are gorgeous at times. As for the loading times, why couldn't the menus be held in memory to speed transitions between tracks? And why does the track have to be reloaded after viewing the stats at the end of the race...shouldn't it already be stored in memory?

I suspect that these issues are a result of RedLynx having to release the game on four formats. Even the PC version, which I've been playing the beta of, is prone to texture pop in and other graphical artifacts (such as flickering shadows).

What does adding this profile do? Just allow you to send friend requests to other Gaffers or...?

That's the basic idea. Adding Gaffers in mass by having a list to go through. A more efficient google docs page. Also with community challenge type events it'd simplify grabbing times/scores too. I made a post last page about it.

I don't know how interested people would be but I thought this could simplify adding people in mass to your friends list for Trials. I made a PSN account called NeoGAF_Trials and figure people could friend it to create a giant list of users to be able to add quickly and easier. Once you've friended that account you can see its friends list and just go down it adding people super easy (instead of typing each name from each post). Also, if anybody wanted to do community challenges eventually it'd be the best way to grab that info too. I have it set to only friends can view its friends list but I could change that to be more public if needed.

PSN Name (for this idea): NeoGAF_Trials

I accepted all requests so far and it's up to 27.

That's the basic idea. Adding Gaffers in mass by having a list to go through. Also with community challenge type events it'd simplify grabbing times/scores too. I made a post last page about it.

I accepted all requests so far and it's up to 27.

Nice, I'll be sending a friend request when I get home from work. I believe we did something like that for Trials Evo and it worked out well. It was cool to see how you fared against other GAFers times even if they weren't on your friends list.

Like.

Feels like the old games.
Cheesy intro music.

Dislike.

Not knowing medal requirements at the end of the stage.
Forced tutorials.
Trick system.

Pedersen

Does anyone know where on Rocky Road warp zone 3 is? I've been searching for a while now and I can't find it anywhere.

Edit: Also fuck warp zone 4

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCOMMMMMMMMMMMMME TOOOOO THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
That shit has me laughing so damn hard for some reason!

Twinduct

Bless me with the secret to Big Air.
Best I could get was 104. Trying to use the momentum of the bike pushing me back when I reach the bottom of the ramp :<

Dany

Banned
Bless me with the secret to Big Air.
Best I could get was 104. Trying to use the momentum of the bike pushing me back when I reach the bottom of the ramp :<
You have to bail as you reach the end of the track, and lean in the direction you want to . Up to the right. You don't have to bunny hop at all lol

Twinduct

You have to bail as you reach the end of the track, and lean in the direction you want to . Up to the right. You don't have to bunny hop at all lol

I honestly can't get any height above 40 doing that without the hop. Hell the leader boards just straight up taunt me as if there is some silly hidden door that propels you to such great heights :<

Top Bottom