• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Karak

I didn't mind the main music I actually dug it somewhat.
However I am fucking pissed at the crashes. No game should have these issues on a console. Insane number of crashes or hard locks for me.

Charcoal

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's added me on PSN! It's motivational to lose to others! :p

If anyone else wants to add me, I'm landon_John

This game. I love it, but I hate it.

Fbh

That "Mind The Gap" level.

Jesus, it's the first one I've had serious trouble with, Took me like 15 minutes and 190 retries to just finish it once.

Karak

That "Mind The Gap" level.

Jesus, it's the first one I've had serious trouble with, Took me like 15 minutes and 190 retries to just finish it once.

Me too man. Some of them I ace so easily and others are nut crunching. I love that though:)

They really need to patch in the ability to see exactly what bike is being used on the replays you watch. They're not too incredibly distinctive, so it'd be great to know. Anyone else agree?

God the FMX levels are so much fun. I'm surprised at how well I've been doing at them too (got top 100 on PS4 twice). I suppose it's probably because people haven't quite figured out how to get lots of points.

Anyways, really enjoying this entry in the series. Chasing those friends leaderboard times is so damn addicting.

MYeager

Not sure if others are still having connection issues, but I've found out that when my wife logs into her account, a non-uPlay connected account, she can access Track Central and the leaderboards. Mine tries to connect to uPlay but can't connect, which prevents me from being able to access the same. Don't know if this is a similar issue for anyone else, but it sucks that having a uPlay connected account is jamming me up.

Just picked it up today and all ready at the hard levels, Starting to get challenging now. Add me Gaf I need more ghosts!!

PSN: tcbkilla420 So when are they going to roll out being able to change your psn? :|

atomsk

Party Pooper
it sucks you can't add friends through any type of PSN website.

need to go back through this thread and add everybody, nobody on my PS4 friends list is playing this yet.

I don't understand the tricks system in this game at all. It confounds me. Half the time the game doesn't even register that you're doing something (you'll be holding a position, for example, and spinning, and all you'll get points for is spinning) and the controls themselves don't seem to make much sense at all. Holding in any direction seems to result in coffin. How do you do any of the other tricks? Has anyone figured this out?

Kensuke

it sucks you can't add friends through any type of PSN website.

need to go back through this thread and add everybody, nobody on my PS4 friends list is playing this yet.

A guy in this thread invented a solution for this. Just add: Neogaf_Trials
Other GAF members did the same, that way you can find them and add them easily.

I don't understand the tricks system in this game at all. It confounds me. Half the time the game doesn't even register that you're doing something (you'll be holding a position, for example, and spinning, and all you'll get points for is spinning) and the controls themselves don't seem to make much sense at all. Holding in any direction seems to result in coffin. How do you do any of the other tricks? Has anyone figured this out?

Play the Trick Master level (4th event). That will give you an idea how to perform specific tricks. Don't spin, try holding positions for as long as possible first. Great scores are achieved by making the multiplier go up. You can only do that by doing unique tricks on each jump (doing the same trick doesn't add to the multiplier). If you can maintain the multiplier holding a position can easily give you 20.000 points at the end of a level.

Fbh

Depends on the position of the bike and which direction you are inputing with the right analog.
I've figured out some combinations.

Haven't had much trouble on the FMX levels. But that skill levels that asks you to do specific tricks is really annoying

Me too man. Some of them I ace so easily and others are nut crunching. I love that though:)

Yeah, some levels feels really challenging and then the next one is rather easy.

But so far Mind the gap has been the first one on a whole different level of challenge. The seccond checkpoint took me like 50 tries (and I still don't quite know what I'm supposed to do) and there is one in the middle (where you have to jump from a small platform over a great distance with electrified water below) that took me like 100 tries xD

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel like I don't get the score to trigger properly for Trick events. Like, I'll do a move, land it, hit another jump while the other score is still shown and do another move and it won't count for me when I land and get nothing.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Found a huge stack of old 360 games and traded them in for a retail copy. Hoping to add as many to PSN as I can. Mine is diggymow. Please add me, I am terrible. It will make you feel better I promise.

DirtyLarry

I also would like to say Thanks to everyone who added me and/or accepted my friend request. And by all means keep the requests coming and I will do the same.

I have close to 20 new friends on PSN specifically just for the Trials leaderboards and although I am only an average player, it really is great motivation to get better track times. So I do appreciate it. Once I finally unlock something other than the second bike, I plan on really giving it a good go.

Without getting to corny, looks like when I check my join date, I have been a member here for 4 years now, but remained a lurker for 2.5 of those 4 years. It took me forever to not be a Junior as a result. As such this is pretty much my first experience with the power of gaf, and it is something special. No doubt about it.

Ironically I actually ordered myself 2 gaf spreadshirt t-shirts this past Tuesday. The timing could not have been better apparently. I am no doubt feeling the unity that makes us gamers.

Karak

Yeah, some levels feels really challenging and then the next one is rather easy.

But so far Mind the gap has been the first one on a whole different level of challenge. The seccond checkpoint took me like 50 tries (and I still don't quite know what I'm supposed to do) and there is one in the middle (where you have to jump from a small platform over a great distance with electrified water below) that took me like 100 tries xD

Ya I have to agree there. It was hell.

SFenton

Okay guys, help me out a little bit.

1) Where the hell is the Track Editor? I feel stupid for not being able to find it.
2) Can you create local multiplayer maps, like in Evo? If not, I'm going to mentally blast RedLynx for only including ten tracks.
3) I can't figure out how to save custom tracks to my console (again, like you could in Evo). How do you do this?

I feel frustrated that I'm too dumb to figure any of this out.

Anyone? Tried again tonight and I still feel super stumped.

EDIT:
Never mind, found it. Holy shit, you can't create Supercross maps (which are the multi ones, right?). This really fucking plunged my enthusiasm for this game. Local Evo with custom tracks was one of my favorite experiences on 360.

I'm just guessing that you can't save tracks now as well. :/

God I've lost my touch since the last Trials. Finished every track on those but here I feel like I'm really struggling on Hard. Just put over 2 hours in so maybe I need more time.
Also I'm not digging FMX at all. Those medals count to your over all medals too don't they?

My goal is to be on the first page of each level leader board. Add me and make that tougher for me. Seeing all your ghosts challenge me and ride neck to neck with me is an awesome rush.

RJN (PSN)

I'm ranked like 60 something on one of the trick levels. I definitely have it down for the most part. I must admit that I'm absolutely horrible at bunny hopping though. The hard levels are so damn hard for me for some reason. This happened to me in the original Trials HD too. I don't know what it is but I can't seem to get the nuances down. Very frustrating. Tips welcome of course.

Linconan

Ok, with all the swearing i'm letting rip, i've realized i'm competitive more than i'd like to be.
I don't like seeing red exclamation marks popping up saying someones beaten my score damn it!,
It makes me hit that track straight away when i see it, to take my score back, LOL *sigh....

smh

Isn't games supposed to be fun, i nearly sent my Playstation 4 controller threw the window. Needed to stop and have a smoke break, and, maybe going to take a nap from all the sweat i've poured out. LOL
So drained...

HAHAH^^^^ RJN, i think you were one of the dude, i'm trying to beat,lol
*stares*.......

Vidpixel

Good Lord, these extreme tracks are no joke. I stopped playing the first one after being stuck on it for about 20 minutes at various parts. Simply wasn't fun for me haha.

GodofWine

Ok, with all the swearing i'm letting rip, i've realized i'm competitive more than i'd like to be.
I don't like seeing red exclamation marks popping up saying someones beaten my score damn it!,
It makes me hit that track straight away when i see it, to take my score back, LOL *sigh....
Moo
smh

Isn't games supposed to be fun, i nearly sent my Playstation 4 controller threw the window. Needed to stop and have a smoke break, and, maybe going to take a nap from all the sweat i've poured out. LOL
So drained...

*stares*.......

Yea...that was me too i think...took me many many tries to nip your ruins time...God this game is my new productivity smasher

I always know when to stop playing Trials when my hands start to hurt. It's literally the only game that does it to me. I'm close to starting the extreme levels. I hope I can finish them all this time. I didn't finish one of them in Evo

smh

So drained...

*stares*.......
TThat's how I feel man haha. When I see those exclamation posts I quickly feel like deleting the game and going back to infamous lol. But it's sooo freaking addictive. Damn you, RedLynx!

Like I said, first page of the friends leaderboard is my goal. Let's get it. I'm staying up tonight trying to beat you all.

Also, I propose a new OT name:
Trials Fusion |OT| Welcome to the Future ; you still suck.

SZips

I just spent almost the last 30 minutes trying to get the "This Bike is Your Hula Hoop" trophy and still have not gotten it. Those tricks are super infuriating when you're trying a different combination of directions and it STILL end up doing the Superman or the Coffin like 9 times out of 10.

I just spent almost the last 30 minutes trying to get the "This Bike is Your Hula Hoop" trophy and still have not gotten it. Those tricks are super infuriating when you're trying a different combination of directions and it STILL end up doing the Superman or the Coffin like 9 times out of 10.
You guys having trouble with tricks do realize that the orientation of your bike and rider are the most important factor right?

Damn you cr blah blah!
Your name is all I see for destroying my times! Lol

Ha. I'm finally getting around to playing. I'm 1st in the 4 pre-FMX tracks on Urban Sprawl and a couple in the snow levels on my friends list. If it's not a good run I just restart so I get kind of sloppy half way through the level since it's all new. I'm 171 on Marina Mania and thought I did poorly. Trials is still rad.

I recommend always trying to land on your back tire but kind of leaning back without loosing it and not just hold the gas down through the whole track. I make up a lot of time by not skying through jumps and letting off the gas to stay in the groove of the course.

Top Bottom