• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

whitehawk

Banned
Hey guys I'm almost finished designing my custom track. Question for you guys though.

What should I name it?

The theme is destruction/accidents, so there are a bunch of burning vehicles and tress you have to pass that have been in accidents.

"Happy Accidents"?
"Destruction Trail"?

I'm not sure.

GeeDuhb

Sigh, I was even on last night and it wouldn't log me in.

I guess I'll check it out later and hope I get lucky, but this is becoming extremely frustrating. Never had this problem on the 360. Not saying this is a PS4/Sony issue, it clearly isn't, but I don't understand how the online component is such a mess compared to how it worked on the 360.

Now maybe this is a stupid question (and I am assuming you have not connected your account to uPlay yet) but you do realize you don't have to be connected to uPlay to upload your times, right? Are you saying you are getting the message that you can't connect to the Ubisoft server? Cause I have only got that message once in the past 3 days, and tried again right after and it connected me...

They really need to patch in the ability to see exactly what bike is being used on the replays you watch. They're not too incredibly distinctive, so it'd be great to know. Anyone else agree?

Absolutely agree. There are quite a few little things that they could add in the next title update that would make this game much better.

I also would like to say Thanks to everyone who added me and/or accepted my friend request. And by all means keep the requests coming and I will do the same.

I have close to 20 new friends on PSN specifically just for the Trials leaderboards and although I am only an average player, it really is great motivation to get better track times. So I do appreciate it. Once I finally unlock something other than the second bike, I plan on really giving it a good go.

Without getting to corny, looks like when I check my join date, I have been a member here for 4 years now, but remained a lurker for 2.5 of those 4 years. It took me forever to not be a Junior as a result. As such this is pretty much my first experience with the power of gaf, and it is something special. No doubt about it.

Ironically I actually ordered myself 2 gaf spreadshirt t-shirts this past Tuesday. The timing could not have been better apparently. I am no doubt feeling the unity that makes us gamers.

AMEN! I have been here for almost 5 years now, and I don't post all that much (I end up reading a ton more) but I agree, this is the true essence of GAF. Forget the Console wars, the never-ending arguing and complaining that goes down here...it's times like this when you can really connect with a community where GAF is truly a special experience!

NeoGAF_Trials has 45 Friends now. Scrolling through that list to add people has been working well.

Again, great idea with this, cr! It really works like a charm, especially because it tells you who you are already friends with, so you can easily see who you need to add. All without having to manually type in usernames. If you still have yet to add the NeoGAF_Trials account, do it!

BTW, as an aside, if you have an iOS device the Playstation app makes it much easier to scroll through and quickly add people from the NeoGAF_Trials friends list.

MYeager

It took me hours to get past the hard courses, but extreme took me almost no time. It took like 15 minutes to get gold on mind the gap, but aside from that I breezed through the expert ones.

Those weren't a problem for me but the Master Course is kicking my ass, notably the second to last obstacle on nearly every one of them. Damn.

Dug

Banned
Been trying to get gold on the hard tracks today. Making progress at a slow rate.

Add me on PSN: The_Yello_Dello

hugejeans

Neo Member
Playing on the xbone here in uk ,if you want some easy times to beat add

yuujiin eight

Thanks.

What is up with uplay ,server is always busy?

Again, great idea with this, cr! It really works like a charm, especially because it tells you who you are already friends with, so you can easily see who you need to add. All without having to manually type in usernames. If you still have yet to add the NeoGAF_Trials account, do it!

BTW, as an aside, if you have an iOS device the Playstation app makes it much easier to scroll through and quickly add people from the NeoGAF_Trials friends list.

Thanks. Yeah, the notification that somebody is already your friend makes the process so smooth. It seems like a better alternative than typing hundreds of names!

Trinidad, I beat your Fusion Factory #1. I am sorry.

1920373_737108839642593_2300693516735611169_n.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm32pwK1iY1qz4rgp.gif

I'm stuck here D:

I have a friend who keeps going after my times which is making us both way better. I need to move off these first few sections but they're easy enough to try to perfect before the harder ones come and crush me =(.

#72 on Marina Mania and Blimp My Ride are the highest I'll ever be. Soaking it in for now!

1EeeJvSl.jpg

bNH8SSkl.jpg

MJLord

Ubisoft fucked me again with UPlay. Not been able to log in once since I started playing and now I've finished the main tracks :(

whitehawk

Banned
Just finished my first custom track! Give it a try! You should be able to find it right now under "Newest Hard Tracks", or the "Friend Tracks" if you have me on your list. (PS4 version btw)

5R6dMMG.jpg

NeoRausch

this will come in handy!

How to Do Every Bike Trick [Guide]
Note: Bike tricks are performed with the [Right Thumbstick] while flying through the air. The trick performed depends on the bike’s orientation.

Horizontal – Front Wheel Forward

Superman: Left
Coffin: Right
Proud Hero: Down
Rule: Left -> Up
Dead Body: Left -> Up -> Right

Horizontal – Upside Down

Underdog: Right
Drill: Down
Slash: Down -> Left

Vertical – Front Wheel Up

Going Up: Down
Going to Heaven: Down -> Left
Kiss of Death: Left -> Up

Vertical – Front Wheel Down

Going to Hell: Up
Bow: Up -> Right
Polevault: Right -> Down

Sigh, still can't log into Ubi servers on PS4.

I'm seriously tempted to shoot off an email to Amazon and ask for a refund as 50+% of the game is completely locked off. It's not like they haven't had ample time to fix the problem either...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Welcome to the future
Man, machine – the fusion
Welcome to the future
Lightyears ahead of evolution

Slay your darkest fears
down the narrow tracks you steer

Welcome to the future

wouwie

Ubisoft fucked me again with UPlay. Not been able to log in once since I started playing and now I've finished the main tracks :(

I have the same problem (PS4). I couldn't register because of connection time-outs on my PS4 so made an account with my computer. Then i tried logging into Uplay on my PS4 with the account, but it said i couldn't use certain characters for my password (only letters and numbers allowed on PS4 while there is no such restriction when making an account on pc). I then changed my password on my pc again, tried logging in on my PS4 and i'm always getting connection issues. I'm starting to understand why gamers are so negative about uplay... What are the advantages of being logged into uplay during the campaign?

Just finished my first custom track! Give it a try! You should be able to find it right now under "Newest Hard Tracks", or the "Friend Tracks" if you have me on your list. (PS4 version btw)

5R6dMMG.jpg

I guess I'm horrible at this game, because I can't even clear the first jump. That little bump in front of it makes it so tricky.

I watched your replay and the track doesn't look the least bit challenging after that jump. I guess that one just requires a skill I do not have at this point. Also, I'm assuming the track can't be completed with any bike other than the Pit Viper?

Karak

I'm seriously tempted to shoot off an email to Amazon and ask for a refund as 50+% of the game is completely locked off. It's not like they haven't had ample time to fix the problem either...

Do it. There is no reason to keep a borked game.

whitehawk

Banned
I guess I'm horrible at this game, because I can't even clear the first jump. That little bump in front of it makes it so tricky.

I watched your replay and the track doesn't look the least bit challenging after that jump. I guess that one just requires a skill I do not have at this point. Also, I'm assuming the track can't be completed with any bike other than the Pit Viper?
It can be completed with any bike that is selectable. I tested them all and was also able to beat it with the Roach, the fmx bike and the BMX. The bmx/bycicle is really hard though, requires some advanced techniques.

But yeah that first jump is one of the harder parts of the games. Some jumps in the game are hard, and some are easy/medium. It's a hybrid track I guess lol.

Are you taking about U-play? Because I can assure you almost nothing is locked behind that.

It can be completed with any bike that is selectable. I tested them all and was also able to beat it with the Roach, the fmx bike and the BMX. The bmx/bycicle is really hard though, requires some advanced techniques.

But yeah that first jump is one of the harder parts of the games. Some jumps in the game are hard, and some are easy/medium. It's a hybrid track I guess lol.

Ok, thanks. I'll give it another shot with the Roach.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Bunny hops... Oh man, the very end of the Hard levels... Those wheels... Wheels... The horror.

It seriously took me like fifty tries.

I actually found all the Hard tracks, including that part, surprisingly easy. Ok, so I've played large amounts of Trials 2 SE and Evolution Gold, but I'm not one of those people you see just breezing through Extreme tracks (I've beaten every track in Evo, but only just). Although I guess I have the technique necessary to clear most Hard obstacles without much issue (that's not to say I've zero-faulted them yet).

MYeager

Are you taking about U-play? Because I can assure you almost nothing is locked behind that.

If your account it linked to uPlay it attempts to auto-connect when you start the game. If it can't connect to uPlay then you can't access leaderboards or save times to them, ghosts, or Track Central. My wife doesn't have uPlay on her account and it asked her to sign up, she declined and has access to all of these things. I have a uPlay account and I haven't been able to access any of those things yet.

So you are correct that nothing is technically locked behind it, however if you have a uPlay account and it had problems connecting to the servers these things end up being locked out. It's dumb.

StuBurns

Banned
I actually found all the Hard tracks, including that part, surprisingly easy. Ok, so I've played large amounts of Trials 2 SE and Evolution Gold, but I'm not one of those people you see just breezing through Extreme tracks (I've beaten every track in Evo, but only just). Although I guess I have the technique necessary to clear most Hard obstacles without much issue (that's not to say I've zero-faulted them yet).
I found just finishing the levels up to and including Hard pretty easy, except for a few spots in hard, the worst certainly being those wheels. I've had much more trouble trying to gold everything, and some of the challenges are just obscene.

If your account it linked to uPlay it attempts to auto-connect when you start the game. If it can't connect to uPlay then you can't access leaderboards or save times to them, ghosts, or Track Central. My wife doesn't have uPlay on her account and it asked her to sign up, she declined and has access to all of these things. I have a uPlay account and I haven't been able to access any of those things yet.

So you are correct that nothing is technically locked behind it, however if you have a uPlay account and it had problems connecting to the servers these things end up being locked out. It's dumb.

Wow. Sounds like I'll never be signing up for U-Play then. That is ridiculous.

Shadybiz

Played a bunch last night on party chat with my friend and gaffer "GodofWine." Fun times indeed. If anyone wants to race against my ghost, hit me up; username is Shadybiz. I consider myself "semi-decent" at the game.

Oh, on PS4.

Working through the leaderboards today. So far this is my favorite trials just because of all the ghosts I have to compete with. I totally suck at fmx though. I feel like it barely works.

Top Bottom