• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

MYeager

I'm pretty sure my PSN account is linked to Uplay (believe AC4 made me do this), and I haven't really had any issues. Maybe I just got lucky.

It seems sporadic on how it's affecting people. I signed up to uPlay through Xbox Live several years ago and haven't had problems until ACIV and this game. My account on the uPlay website doesn't show my gamertag linked but then spazzes out when I try to. Oddly games like Far Cry 3 and the older Assassin's Creed games I can still log into uPlay and have even used my uPlay points to get the squirrel head, but once I start Trials Fusion...can't connect to uPlay server. Considering how big of a part the leaderboards are to the game, not to mention Track Central, this is more than a little frustrating to me.

I submitted a ticket with their support team so hopefully there's a solution.

For others with similar problems on the PS4 on the Trials Fusion Ubisoft forums people have said that if you try to purchase the squirrel head or bike hue color on PSN it'll take you to a web browser that will link your PSN account that way if it doesn't work through the uPlay website. That appears to fix the issue for that platform.

mace999

Neo Member
My PSN ID is : mace-ying

I've added Neogaf trials, now have to wait for them to accept my friend request ?!?

Anyway I'm one of those older gamers so my times won't be the fastest, still gripping onto my thirties here but only for another 5 months :(

PSN: Uncleniccius
I just added the Trials account and would love more Trials people to race against! I'm bad.. so I'll even make you feel better about yourselves;)

DirtyLarry

At work and just went through the Android PlayStation app and added the remaining people that I was not friends with thanks to the NeoGaf_Trials account.
The Android app is a little wonky for me at times, so if I sent an invite twice, not even sure if that is possible, apologies.

MYeager

I pay attention, I just suck at actually pulling it off!

A friend with the same issue found they were flicking the stick kind of up instead of right. It should be a quick left and then right motion. If you can get to the first warp zone that's a great place to practice.

For you Trials rookies, take some time to watch replays and get an idea of how they play. Specifically look for replays just under the Gold times or around #1000 or so. The very top players aren't going to help much because they are playing at a level you probably won't even comprehend yet. I did this back in the Trials HD days and I think it really helps.

This might be helpful to add to the OP.
so1DOun.jpg

Danneee

I loved the two Trials games on 360 and was just about to buy this on my PS4 but I just get the feeling that it's just expensive, €20 for the base game and €20 more if I want the complete package.
Nah. I'll wait for a PS+ release or 50% off sale.

The game seems pretty light in terms of pure trials tracks. I didn't count the easy tracks, and excluding ATV/FMX stuff there's only 7 medium, 9 hard, and 5 extreme tracks.

Also assuming there's no special hidden stuff after world 8 or whatever.

Feels like a downgrade from the previous games in that sense.

baconcow

While the game is fun, it is also quite buggy, graphically. I still suck at bunny hops and it shows when it takes me 100-200+ retries to finish a level. The game definitely has less content then Evolution, as far as tracks are concerned. It really needs an out of gas and altitude skill game.

Also, where is the mode that lets you race all the tracks in order, like a tournament, without restarts?

Where are the lengthy tracks, like in Evolution?

I bought the DLC so I consider the main game plus DLC to be one, so hopefully many more difficult tracks and skill games.

km3k

Neo Member
My XBL name is KM3K. I'm playing on 360. Not much progress yet, but I'd like to compete with others on the leaderboards over the coming weeks, so add me if you want.

I like that PS4 has a NeoGaf_Trials account. There used to be one for XBL for Trials Evo. Does anyone know what happened to that or if one could be made for Fusion?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Sigh, still can't log into Ubi servers on PS4.

I'm seriously tempted to shoot off an email to Amazon and ask for a refund as 50+% of the game is completely locked off. It's not like they haven't had ample time to fix the problem either...
Don't know your backstory but is your PSN ID properly linked to your Uplay account on Uplay.com?

MYeager

you need to do that? you can't just log in at the prompt?

There's no prompt is you are using an account that you've played a game with uPlay on before, it attempts to auto-log you in. For some reason there's an issue where despite being linked on the console, it's not linked on a person's uPlay account on Ubisoft.com so it wont work.

There's also an issue on the website with attempting to link the accounts for some people, particularly for the 360 console it seems.

Sucks people still having issues with uPlay.

I have added/accepted people on PSN now i am just playing the first set of tracks on the Roach to beat everybody's time :D

RoadHazard

Gold Member
For you Trials rookies, take some time to watch replays and get an idea of how they play. Specifically look for replays just under the Gold times or around #1000 or so. The very top players aren't going to help much because they are playing at a level you probably won't even comprehend yet. I did this back in the Trials HD days and I think it really helps.

This might be helpful to add to the OP.
so1DOun.jpg

About every other trick I try to do seems to accidentally turn in to a Coffin, not sure why. Don't think I'm that inaccurate with the stick.

Don't know your backstory but is your PSN ID properly linked to your Uplay account on Uplay.com?

It should be, I vaguely remember registering an account when I bought Black Flag on the PS4 before Christmas.

There's no prompt is you are using an account that you've played a game with uPlay on before, it attempts to auto-log you in. For some reason there's an issue where despite being linked on the console, it's not linked on a person's uPlay account on Ubisoft.com so it wont work..

Yeah, this is what's happening to me. As soon as it loads up, it immediately attempts to log in, takes about a minute and then says it couldn't connect to the Ubisoft servers. Choosing not to try again locks out access to leader-boards, ghosts, time uploads and track central. Half the game completely inaccessible because of some bullshit DRM or whatever you want to call it from Ubisoft...

SZips

You guys having trouble with tricks do realize that the orientation of your bike and rider are the most important factor right?
Of course I know this. They only shove it down the player's throats every six or so stages. That doesn't deter from the fact that the rider will still do as he damn well wants to despite the direction I'm facing or the direction I'm holding the stick. Case in point...

About every other trick I try to do seems to accidentally turn in to a Coffin, not sure why. Don't think I'm that inaccurate with the stick.

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with this trick system nonsense.

besada

Banned
Picked this up this week. Played for awhile last night and I'm really enjoying myself. I presume that will change as I advance, and I will begin to hate the universe, but for now, all good.

MYeager

It should be, I vaguely remember registering an account when I bought Black Flag on the PS4 before Christmas.

Yeah, this is what's happening to me. As soon as it loads up, it immediately attempts to log in, takes about a minute and then says it couldn't connect to the Ubisoft servers. Choosing not to try again locks out access to leader-boards, ghosts, time uploads and track central. Half the game completely inaccessible because of some bullshit DRM or whatever you want to call it from Ubisoft...

The forums suggested this:
In the meantime, please try to following workaround to link your XBL/PSN account to your Uplay account.

Exit Trials Fusion from your console.
Visit Uplay.ubi.com
Sign in with your Uplay account
Click "My Account" under your Username on the right side of the screen.
Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and select "Link account" for the system you play Trials Fusion on (XBL for Xbox One or Xbox 360 and PSN for Playstation 4).
Enter your XBL or PSN account details.
Your account should now be linked.
Fire up Trials Fusion and select "Uplay" from the main menu.
Your account should be linked!

I hope that helps your issue. For me I try to link my XBL account and it does nothing. What's annoying is that other accounts on my console that aren't uPlay connected can play Trials with all the leaderboard and other functionality. Nothing like feeling punished for using Ubisoft's own service.

I have a friend who keeps going after my times which is making us both way better. I need to move off these first few sections but they're easy enough to try to perfect before the harder ones come and crush me =(.

#72 on Marina Mania and Blimp My Ride are the highest I'll ever be. Soaking it in for now!

1EeeJvSl.jpg

bNH8SSkl.jpg

I'm not going down that easy! I'm coming for you, cr!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
you need to do that? you can't just log in at the prompt?
There are some issues if you had a pre-existing UPlay account tied to the email address that your PSN ID uses but you have never used UPlay on a Playstation console before. Best (only?) resolved by logging into the Uplay website and linking the PSN ID that way.

Yeah these are the same type of issues I had with AC4 on PS4. The game recognized there was a Uplay account matching my PSN account but it couldn't connect the two together. It was the first time I was using Uplay on Playstation. I had to go the website route to re-link it (the website saw that I had a PS4 but there was something wrong with the account linkage).

Ever since I re-did the link on the web, everything's been working perfectly.

The forums suggested this:
In the meantime, please try to following workaround to link your XBL/PSN account to your Uplay account.

Exit Trials Fusion from your console.
Visit Uplay.ubi.com
Sign in with your Uplay account
Click "My Account" under your Username on the right side of the screen.
Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and select "Link account" for the system you play Trials Fusion on (XBL for Xbox One or Xbox 360 and PSN for Playstation 4).
Enter your XBL or PSN account details.
Your account should now be linked.
Fire up Trials Fusion and select "Uplay" from the main menu.
Your account should be linked!

I hope that helps your issue. For me I try to link my XBL account and it does nothing. What's annoying is that other accounts on my console that aren't uPlay connected can play Trials with all the leaderboard and other functionality. Nothing like feeling punished for using Ubisoft's own service.

There are some issues if you had a pre-existing UPlay account tied to the email address that your PSN ID uses but you have never used UPlay on a Playstation console before. Best (only?) resolved by logging into the Uplay website and linking the PSN ID that way.

Yeah these are the same type of issues I had with AC4 on PS4. The game recognized there was a Uplay account matching my PSN account but it couldn't connect the two together. It was the first time I was using Uplay on Playstation. I had to go the website route to re-link it (the website saw that I had a PS4 but there was something wrong with the account linkage).

Ever since I re-did the link on the web, everything's been working perfectly.

Thank you both. I'll try the above later on this evening and hope it works. Fingers crossed, eh?

One thing I can say, though, is that there seems to be an unnecsaary amount of texture pop-in, or so I've noticed. Even when you reset to a start point maybe 20 meters away from where you were previously... it's kind of jarring. Anyone else get this or is it an isolated issue for me? Even the trick diagrams on that challenge level sometimes pop-in. I mean, come on...

(PS4 here)

StuBurns

Banned
One thing I can say, though, is that there seems to be an unnecsaary amount of texture pop-in, or so I've noticed. Even when you reset to a start point maybe 20 meters away from where you were previously... it's kind of jarring. Anyone else get this or is it an isolated issue for me? Even the trick diagrams on that challenge level sometimes pop-in. I mean, come on...

(PS4 here)
It's certainly pronounced, sometimes it's really bad because the primitive doesn't related to the actual asset, for example in the Triathlon, the final event has a red ground primitive that pops up first.

But the lower polling frequency on shadows and lighting is much worse I think.

MYeager

Just to confirm, that option would be in the account settings right?

Yep, bottom of the account settings page.

Hope it works for you, for me it redirects me to Microsoft Xbox Log In then back to the account page but never updates. Seems like people have been more successful with PSN accounts however.

Top Bottom