• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Are you sure? I didn't get any plats automatically when they unlocked. But I guess I didn't have any good enough times, didn't go back to the earlier levels with the better bikes until I had beaten all the Hard tracks.

I got a few when it unlocked.

th4tguy

I got a few when it unlocked.
That's good. I've been getting 0 fault runs on everything and have been pushing my times to compete with other gaffers which usually puts me high up in overall leaderboards. Would have hated to have to redo those tracks just to get a plat I already should have had. I don't remember having to unlock plats in evo. Is this new?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's good. I've been getting 0 fault runs on everything and have been pushing my times to compete with other gaffers which usually puts me high up in overall leaderboards. Would have hated to have to redo those tracks just to get a plat I already should have had. I don't remember having to unlock plats in evo. Is this new?

Pretty sure it was the same in Evo.

Wow, so it looks my initial instinct about FMX boosting trials times was correct. From RedLynx's forums and a Trials developer:

Trials team is fully committed to making the game better in long run
We have been following the launch closely, and it seems that some nasty bugs(*) weren't noticed by us in the heat of the final push to get the game released. We are sorry about that.

Antti just tweeted about the forthcoming improved tournament functionality and our long term plans about updating the game. Rest assured, the team is fully committed in making the game better in the long run. There will be free patches that will add missing features to the game (and fix the bugs found).

(*) For example missing split times when ghost is disabled, and FMX tricks affecting Trials speed running leaderboard scores.

This is very good to hear.

LegoArmo

In what way does it effect the time trials? I thought using tricks to alter momentum was part of the game. Is it more than that?

Ray Wonder

The only reason I don't like the tricks.

I crashed from laughing too hard, on the next obstacle.
ibsgP5mNSBZHVK.gif

The trick system really is a travesty. Its so messy and inconsistent its ridiculous. Oh you pulled off 7 tricks in the middle of 4 flips? We only registered one flip and one trick because fuck you.

Lima

Omg that invisible bike challenge on Inferno IV can fuck off. It's the only one I still need and I always hit either the time limit or the faults. Fucking a man.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The trick system really is a travesty. Its so messy and inconsistent its ridiculous. Oh you pulled off 7 tricks in the middle of 4 flips? We only registered one flip and one trick because fuck you.
Proud heroes are hilarious and make every jump objectively better.

Cajun

Neo Member
The only reason I don't like the tricks.

I crashed from laughing too hard, on the next obstacle.
ibsgP5mNSBZHVK.gif

I see my ghost in that. Saw that you beat my time, so I came back and beat yours by 12 seconds ;)

In other news, I finally got all 120 challenges. Top Roach on Rock of Rages is just...wow.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
is trials evolution microsft owned?
CAn we expect a trials collection on PS4 maybe?

heavily addicted by this.
my poor hands cramp..

still i dont see myself ever beaten some of those expert levels..

Cairnsay

Banned
Can someone put my mind at ease. I'm a UKer who bought the game digitally using a US account, but play the game on my UK account. I know I have to buy the season pass on the US account, can someone tell me if dlc works in the same way and will transfer across to my UK account. Many thanks!

Can someone put my mind at ease. I'm a UKer who bought the game digitally using a US account, but play the game on my UK account. I know I have to buy the season pass on the US account, can someone tell me if dlc works in the same way and will transfer across to my UK account. Many thanks!

It did with PS3, so I don't see why it wouldn't. As long as the DLC region matches the full game, and you're playing on your primary console all content should be available.

Ray Wonder

I see my ghost in that. Saw that you beat my time, so I came back and beat yours by 12 seconds ;)

In other news, I finally got all 120 challenges. Top Roach on Rock of Rages is just...wow.

Once I get all the plats i'll attempt to beat that!

Lima

BE ONE WITH THE BIKE DONE!

Aw yiss. Achievement unlocked.

After that I decide to check out xboxachievements and saw that you can glitch the all challenge achievement on Xbox One because of the stupid system tracker fucking up. Ah well a Sunday wasted.

Getting better and better by the day. Tracks that took me 100 tries yesterday only take me 85 tries today. Yeeeaaaaa boooyyyyyy lol

Successkidmeme.jpg

Add me: RJN on PSN.

I'm generally hovering around for page 2 of 6 for most track leader boards.

only US PS4.... because...
Because Trials is traditionally an Xbox (and PC) game? No idea here either.

Cajun

Neo Member
BE ONE WITH THE BIKE DONE!

Aw yiss. Achievement unlocked.

After that I decide to check out xboxachievements and saw that you can glitch the all challenge achievement on Xbox One because of the stupid system tracker fucking up. Ah well a Sunday wasted.

Yeah but don't do that. Xboxachievements jumped the gun on "Is There Anything You Can't Do?" way to fast imo. Its not an extremely difficult achievement, as they claim. Just take your time, do some challenges every time you play the game. A lot of them have really funny easter eggs, and you'll more than likely miss out on that if you glitch it.

GeeDuhb

Amen! I was getting so frustrated last night for this exact reason. The trick system is really just a mess, and it feels like something that was tacked on and not fully tested.

Texture pop in on XBO FTW.....

Seriously, this is stupid

Now I don't have the xbox version, but honestly it happens on the PS4 too, to an extent...and it's really not that bad. Trials is all about the gameplay and the visuals aren't that great anyway...if the texture pop-in is ruining the game for you, I don't even know what to tell you...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
First half of a trials game: "So fun! GOTY!"

Second half of a trials game: "Fuck this game. Fuck everything."

Lima

Yeah but don't do that. Xboxachievements jumped the gun on "Is There Anything You Can't Do?" way to fast imo. Its not an extremely difficult achievement, as they claim. Just take your time, do some challenges every time you play the game. A lot of them have really funny easter eggs, and you'll more than likely miss out on that if you glitch it.

Oh it is. I consider myself pretty good at Trials and got all achievements in the previous two games. This one was defo the hardest.

With the glitch though it probably is the easiest.

Though to be frank I don't really give a shit. Had I found out about that glitch before I would have used it too.

Fuck me! Played against my own ghost for 90 minutes and failed to beat my score. Worst part is I'm pretty sure my best time was my first run of the track ever. Angry!

I cant bunny hop for shit.

Every time I need to do it to get on top of a box I end up spending about 30 spawns and eventually luck my way on top.

psychotron

Getting real tired of this game locking up when I hit the share button. Can't do screen shots, video clips or broadcast without it crashing. Anyone else having this issue? Any work around?

You need money? More than for outfits and stuff?
No just for outfits. I like having them all available.

I've got golds on easy through medium, and I'm not really good enough at the game to get a whole lot of silvers and gold on hard. I haven't even tried extreme yet. I'm already running out of money with a lot of stuff still to unlock, and unfortunately you don't seem to get any from doing track central tracks.

Getting real tired of this game locking up when I hit the share button. Can't do screen shots, video clips or broadcast without it crashing. Anyone else having this issue? Any work around?
I have the same problem. My workaround is to not share anything until I've quit out of the game. It sucks.

atomsk

Party Pooper
finished up zero faulting all the hard tracks, still chipping away at Platinums, and lowering my faults on Extreme tracks.

one thing I don't like about leaderboards split between 4 platforms, is I have no real way of telling how good I'm doing. Currently I'm 97 on the PS4 leaderboard, but I know I'm missing competition from peeps like Daigoro who is on Xbox One

My only frame of reference is that I was in the top 500 on Trials Evo for a few months. Then I got lazy and the DLC came out, and I'm probably around 1300 now.

MYeager

Every time I need to do it to get on top of a box I end up spending about 30 spawns and eventually luck my way on top.

Flick left right, make sure it's a smooth left to right motion and remember that the bike's propulsion is all in the rear wheel.

Daigoro

every fault makes you stronger. you are always learning, even though it may not feel like it. all part of the curve. believe!

basically just keep riding. it will come. we have all been there. if you put in the work, you will be rewarded, and it feels good when you learn to nail that obstacle that used to give you so much trouble.

having plenty of issues on the One as well. trying to record a clip longer than 30 seconds is impossible. my machine was bugging out today trying to make some clips.

finished up zero faulting all the hard tracks, still chipping away at Platinums, and lowering my faults on Extreme tracks.

one thing I don't like about leaderboards split between 4 platforms, is I have no real way of telling how good I'm doing. Currently I'm 97 on the PS4 leaderboard, but I know I'm missing competition from peeps like Daigoro who is on Xbox One

My only frame of reference is that I was in the top 500 on Trials Evo for a few months. Then I got lazy and the DLC came out, and I'm probably around 1300 now.

yeah it sucks to have split leaderboards. :(

you're probably around 300-400 global if they were combined maybe? (just guessing here) haven't seen the 360 boards yet, but I know I have friends who are still playing there and haven't upgraded yet, so there's probably some stiff comp left back there. sucks that everything is divided now.

I haven't done shit myself yet anyways. played about 4 hours so far maybe. only spent any real time on one track so far! got hooked on some ATV track today and clawed my way up to 50 something on it. been a long time since ive actually dug in and tried to really improve my time on a track. felt good.

I swear I almost wish I got this for 360. I don't have one friend on XBONE that I used to play with from 360 (and I had a ton there!), only new friends.

Skyzard

Banned
Can't wait to pick this up soon as it unlocks here in UK on steam, 3 and bit days apparently. Think I'll go for the season pass too, loved the Urban Trial Freestyle on Vita and I hear Trials is even better.

Sofa King

After finishing all the extreme tracks on Xbone, my left thumb is about raw due to the texture on the thumb stick. It made me wonder how all those DS4 sticks are holding out since I've heard they have a tendency to wear through. Any Trials casualties out there?

Daigoro

After finishing all the extreme tracks on Xbone, my left thumb is about raw due to the texture on the thumb stick. It made me wonder how all those DS4 sticks are holding out since I've heard they have a tendency to wear through. Any Trials casualties out there?

ive seen some twitter pics of ds4's falling apart due to this game. not surprised. think someone mentioned it in this thread too.

im anxious as hell using my one and only brand new xbone controller for this game. this game is rough on controller. and yeah that concave thumb stick with the ridge on the xbone controller is really harsh for Trials. I know my thumb is going to be killing me when I finally get a real good session in.

Top Bottom