• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Even if Sony/MS don't allow cross platform leaderboards, would red lynx/ubisoft be able to amalgamate then and publish them on the web for each track?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
After finishing all the extreme tracks on Xbone, my left thumb is about raw due to the texture on the thumb stick. It made me wonder how all those DS4 sticks are holding out since I've heard they have a tendency to wear through. Any Trials casualties out there?

It's my right index finger taking the punishment from the trigger.. My left thumb seems to have gotten out with little to no damage.

cilonen

It's my right index finger taking the punishment from the trigger.. My left thumb seems to have gotten out with little to no damage.

I've not had this much fingertip numbness since the original Tekken on the PS One. My right trigger finger is taking a beating.

skynidas

Banned
Even if Sony/MS don't allow cross platform leaderboards, would red lynx/ubisoft be able to amalgamate then and publish them on the web for each track?
I think they could. If i remember correctly that is what EA did with Origin on Need for Speed like 2 years ago

Montresor

Well I exploited the glitch to get the challenges achievement. I'm disgusted with myself... not because I care about getting it legit, but because I wasted a whole Saturday grinding world 1/2 challenges, and I could've spent that time playing Bioshock DLC... blah. I did the same to grind Youtube achievements on Sunday, double blah.

I just need to get Full Throttle 3, the FMX 20000 points achievement, and beat Inferno IV.

I'm close to Full Throttle 3... but I can't make the first jump in Inferno IV.

I think this game is good... its core game play is incredible and is the same as it has ever been. However, Trials Evolution just seems like an insanely better overall package. It had better music (_incredible_ music IMO, from the goofy raps, to the main menu themes, to Gigatrack's soul-soothing song). I prefer the dirt road / dirtbike hooligan / rap / rock themes that Trials Evo went for as opposed to the futuristic / sci-fi theme that permeates almost everything in Fusion. And Trials Evo has my favourite track - Gigatrack - which I really like for being so satisfyingly long (about 6-10 mins depending on skill).

So I was finally able to log in on a couple of nights ago (big thanks for the all advice/tips), but haven't been able to since.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but this is really bloody annoying. How can there still continue to be server issues? What the hell is going on? Did Ubi cheap out on the server side?

MMaRsu

finished up zero faulting all the hard tracks, still chipping away at Platinums, and lowering my faults on Extreme tracks.

one thing I don't like about leaderboards split between 4 platforms, is I have no real way of telling how good I'm doing. Currently I'm 97 on the PS4 leaderboard, but I know I'm missing competition from peeps like Daigoro who is on Xbox One

My only frame of reference is that I was in the top 500 on Trials Evo for a few months. Then I got lazy and the DLC came out, and I'm probably around 1300 now.

Im sure you need to add me. MMaRsu is my PSN ID.

sneaky77

So I was finally able to log in on a couple of nights ago (big thanks for the all advice/tips), but haven't been able to since.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but this is really bloody annoying. How can there still continue to be server issues? What the hell is going on? Did Ubi cheap out on the server side?
I am having no issues with leaderboards, just uplay

MMaRsu

On PSN I'm attackslug, you may have already seen me passing you on the leaderboards ;)

Haha okay I'll get back online today and see if I can get back up there.

Also, I'm sure you have some levels to beat in the first chapter where I beat you ;).

atomsk

Party Pooper
Haha okay I'll get back online today and see if I can get back up there.

Also, I'm sure you have some levels to beat in the first chapter where I beat you ;).

Yeah I know, my first order of business is usually getting as many Plats as I can, and then going back to improve those times. Still working on Plats on Hard.

Thanks! Just lost my save file. Some error message showed up and after accepting the message i was back in the PS4 menu. Started the game again, corrupt save game. Great, tried to copy it on a USB stick prior the download of my old cloud save, no chance. First time on ps4 and very frustrating.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I am having no issues with leaderboards, just uplay

there are people haveing issues?

Ive played this marvel of a game for at least 20 hours now and had not a single issue with it, other then the game repeatadle telling me that person x beat my record on track y evertime I log in.
Leaderboards, custom tracks and all is fine since day one for me..
the game doesnt even crash when I use share..

Is Evolution a Microsoft IP?
What are the chances we will see a Trials Collection with HD and Evolution coming to PS4?

MYeager

That sucks, it's still trying to auto-log you in but giving you the connection error message? If your PS4 account is still linked through uPlay maybe try resetting your password, there's been some issues with that recently (special characters like symbols mess it up). Other than that I'm not sure.

The Ubisoft support has been less then helpful. I told them there was an issue with linking my 360 account to uPlay and they asked if I'd tried to link my 360 account with uPlay. glad I was able to figure out a work around otherwise I'd still not be able to access the leaderboards. Game has hard locked on me 5 times now on the 360. Might be my system rather then the game but currently it's the only game I've experienced the issue with.

Stiener84there are people haveing issues?

Yep. It's great that your experience has been smooth however unfortunately there are many with issues. These range from connection issues with uPlay servers to game freezes which can cause loss of data. As a Trials fan I'm sure it's easy to empathize with how frustrating it would be to not be able to have your times recorded or to lose your progress.

First half of a trials game: "So fun! GOTY!"

Second half of a trials game: "Fuck this game. Fuck everything."

Eh, first 90% of this game is a real let down. Go back and play Evo. not that it's harder (which it is), but there's way more variety in tracks. The first bunch of tracks, up until like the first "Hard" track, are basically just hold down right trigger at all times.

It's still a solid game, but has me wanting a lot more. Evo not only had a great variety of tracks through all difficulties, but they also had really unique tracks... the Limbo ripoff, "Gigatrack" which was this ~20 minute track that was freaking brilliant (the scorn of my life trying to get gold & platinum, but brilliant). Fusion, almost every level is the same.

cackhyena

Eh, first 90% of this game is a real let down. Go back and play Evo. not that it's harder (which it is), but there's way more variety in tracks. The first bunch of tracks, up until like the first "Hard" track, are basically just hold down right trigger at all times.

It's still a solid game, but has me wanting a lot more. Evo not only had a great variety of tracks through all difficulties, but they also had really unique tracks... the Limbo ripoff, "Gigatrack" which was this ~20 minute track that was freaking brilliant (the scorn of my life trying to get gold & platinum, but brilliant). Fusion, almost every level is the same.

Start looking up user created tracks. Some pretty good ones up already. Difficulty wise as well.

Certinty

It's insane how practice pays off so much in this game. A few days ago I couldn't get past the second jump on the first hard event and now i've completed a few hard events with no faults.

Absolutely loving the game. Best £16 I've spent on my PS4 so far.

Overdoziz

Banned
Inferno is back? Oh boy.

Gigatrack was the worst. Simply not fun for me.

Hixx

Extreme tracks are so much more difficult than in Evolution. I can only really remember struggling with one specific moment there, whereas Rock of Rages has fucking broken me. First extreme track took about 40 tries, wasn't too bad.

But RoR... got close to 300 retries then I just hit this wall where I just didn't feel like I was making progress on it. I don't even know how I will get over it, it's not usual of knowing what to do just not mastering the technique yet. I just straight up don't know what they want. I never had that feeling with Evo.

I don't agree about 90%, as I'm not a hardcore player, but I definitely agree Evolution just had better tracks, at all difficulty levels. Many more memorable tracks. I'm actually going to boot it up tonight just to play some of it again.

I also loved the tournaments of 4 or 5 tracks grouped together, and you competed for best times on those groups. No idea why that is missing from this game. Not like it's hard to program that feature.

see5harp

Gigatrack was really going past the limit for how long it was, but it was pretty epic. I wish there was at least one Gigatrack type level in the lower difficulty levels. Crossing my fingers for the DLC.

Inferno is back? Oh boy.

Gigatrack was the worst. Simply not fun for me.

Gigatrack was a horrible for the gold and platinum trophy, but it was a joy to play if you were just trying to finish it... Long, with a huge change in altitude and a ton of different experiences. My only frustration with it was the changing camera angles at key times.

But... trying to gold and platinum that track was a horror show and littany of swears. I kinda feel like that's how gold and platinum should be.

Start looking up user created tracks. Some pretty good ones up already. Difficulty wise as well.

Yeah, been playing a bunch so far. Nothing up to the calibur of Evo yet, but still some great, original tracks.

Overdoziz

Banned
Gigatrack was a horrible for the gold and platinum trophy, but it was a joy to play if you were just trying to finish it... Long, with a huge change in altitude and a ton of different experiences. My only frustration with it was the changing camera angles at key times.

But... trying to gold and platinum that track was a horror show and littany of swears. I kinda feel like that's how gold and platinum should be.
I just didn't like it because it goes against what Trials is about for me. The track is only hard because of the length, not because of the actual obstacles.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

Yeah, been playing a bunch so far. Nothing up to the calibur of Evo yet, but still some great, original tracks.

The track wasn't difficult, yet I never got the platinum for it. It's a battle of attention. You just can't let your mind wander. I didn't like it, because It felt like a waste of time trying to get the platinum.. When you mess up within the final minute or so, it's very hard to press restart.

Gigatrack was my second least favorite map on EVO, my first was the map with the water fountains that flip you all over the place.

psychotron

On PSN I'm attackslug, you may have already seen me passing you on the leaderboards ;)

YOU!!!! How do you sleep at night!!? I've been watching your replays constantly going, "Oh what the fuck!!? How did he do that in one shot!!!?"

I'm deathrattlehead on psn btw, lol.

sneaky77

The track wasn't difficult, yet I never got the platinum for it. It's a battle of attention. You just can't let your mind wander. I didn't like it, because It felt like a waste of time trying to get the platinum.. When you mess up within the final minute or so, it's very hard to press restart.

Gigatrack was my second least favorite map on EVO, my first was the map with the water fountains that flip you all over the place.

agreed on both those accounts lol.

I don't find the tracks in fusion that bad, the fact that each area has a different setting altogether can mean some nice variety in the DLC

atomsk

Party Pooper
YOU!!!! How do you sleep at night!!? I've been watching your replays constantly going, "Oh what the fuck!!? How did he do that in one shot!!!?"

I'm deathrattlehead on psn btw, lol.

100+ hours in HD and 100+ in Evo

Had no previous history with Trials before HD, so it was just practice practice practice

That satisfying "one shot" always comes after failing 250+ times first.

Just keep playing.

and I still can't get the Platinum on Around the Oasis. Need to carve down half a second =/

edit: GOT IT. NEVER PLAYING THAT TRACK AGAIN.

DirtyLarry

At work so I admittedly cannot comb through all the pages of this thread right now, but I have done a pretty decent job of keeping up with it, so I am just curious has any more infomation been released and/or figured out yet as to what the deal is with the Season Pass on the PS4?

The game keeps telling me it is released yet every time I click on it from within the game it is asking me to purchase it again.
Then on the main PS4 home screen under Related Items it is listed for me, however it is grayed out and says it is already downloaded if my memory serves me correctly.

Is it simply just a matter there is no content for the Season Pass right now and there is no issue?
Or is something up?

atomsk

Party Pooper
"We are working with Sony on finding a solution for PS4 Season Pass redemption as soon as possible,"

If you don't have the Hazmat suit, the code didn't work.

Mine didn't.

"We are working with Sony on finding a solution for PS4 Season Pass redemption as soon as possible,"

If you don't have the Hazmat suit, the code didn't work.

Mine didn't.

Yeah, my code isn't working either. It is very annoying. Makes you wonder about the whole Season Pass thing. Pay in advance for unknown content and even that doesn't work.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
My Season Pass shows up as redeemed under the Trials Fusion thing on my PS4 but I don't have the extra suits.

Does that mean the pass didn't actually work at all?

Just got this game on Xbox One, and would like some leaderboard challengers. The guys on my friend's list now are alright, but I'm ahead of them in almost every race lol.

Add me pls. GT: RebornYeti

I love the trials games but $40 is waaayyy too much imo. I'm having a difficult time not buying it but I'll have to force myself to wait for a sale or it to come to ps+.

Lima

I love the trials games but $40 is waaayyy too much imo. I'm having a difficult time not buying it but I'll have to force myself to wait for a sale or it to come to ps+.

Then buy the game without the season pass. The season pass will probably go on sale before the second content is out.

Hixx

Did Rock of Rages. 123 tries. 12 mins. Most of that is on such a fucking unimaginably shitty jump I don't even know how or why I did it
wtzgU.gif

Mik3F

My Season Pass shows up as redeemed under the Trials Fusion thing on my PS4 but I don't have the extra suits.

Does that mean the pass didn't actually work at all?

Same here, only just noticed that it doesn't appear to be recognised in game. Hope they fix it soon, not bothered about the hazmat suite but I want the Season pass to work

skynidas

Banned

you don't have to buy the 40 dollars version. you aren't even saving any money if you buy it.

just get the 20 bucks version. if you like trials is worth it. if not, i think there's a demo

Bsigg12

I was looking at leaderboards earlier. On the Xbox One, Inferno IV has a zero fault 49 second run. I just went back to my hard challenges when I saw that and cried.

MYeager

I was looking at leaderboards earlier. On the Xbox One, Inferno IV has a zero fault 49 second run. I just went back to my hard challenges when I saw that and cried.

There are some Trials wizards out there. In Evolution people would make these Ninja Difficulty tracks that I will never, ever, be able to do but I like to just watch the replays of.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Damn you and your stupid time limit, game! I was on the last fucking obstacle on Inferno IV when the timer reached 30 minutes. Furious! It's the only track I have left to beat. I've zero-faulted everything except the Extreme tracks (don't know if that will ever happen), and am currently ranked 129th overall on PS4. Reasonably happy with that right now, but dammit, that last freaking track...

Top Bottom