• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

NeoRausch

just to be sure: There is no way in this game to completly stand still?! 'No dedicated break button?

I get what you mean and no. there is only the'break and then backwards'-button.
but with a little training is gets easy to stand perfectly still if you need to.

saunderez

I totally found one of those on the PC Beta on one of the earlier tracks (medium or hard at the most). You didn't have to finish the track though, you just had to miss a jump somewhere on the track. There was an obvious bottom and lower level to the track, what wasn't obvious was the middle level. I fell there by accident after mistiming a jump and continued driving until I found a portal. The stage it took me too was completely different and crazy hard, I couldn't make the very last jump and ran out of attempts.

Daigoro

It's my right index finger taking the punishment from the trigger.. My left thumb seems to have gotten out with little to no damage.

yeah, the trigger started bugging me today when I played for almost an hour. seems less comfortable than the 360 trigger when using the Trials death grip. that sucks.

on the plus side, I realized that the select back button is WAY nicer on the thumb than on the 360 pad for this game. that little impression on the 350 back button used to tear my thumb up when doing restarts.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I get what you mean and no. there is only the'break and then backwards'-button.
but with a little training is gets easy to stand perfectly still if you need to.

Well thats a shame. Would make the game even more enjoyable in my opinion.

I think Im hitting my wall on These extreme tracks.
Allready took me 486 checkpoints and 28:30 to beat the first one.
Second extreme track is a work of sorcery to get through this one jump.
Zero faulting every previous Event will be enough for me.

I totally found one of those on the PC Beta on one of the earlier tracks (medium or hard at the most). You didn't have to finish the track though, you just had to miss a jump somewhere on the track. There was an obvious bottom and lower level to the track, what wasn't obvious was the middle level. I fell there by accident after mistiming a jump and continued driving until I found a portal. The stage it took me too was completely different and crazy hard, I couldn't make the very last jump and ran out of attempts.

That's just one of the regular warp zones. It's pretty easy with the pit viper.

psychotron

In case anyone new to the series was wondering, you can only fault 500 times on a track before you have to start over. I mean, I heard it somewhere....you know, because I totally didn't actually do that last night on a master class track.

What do the leaderboard numbers look like for the first map across platforms? Just want to get a very rough idea of how it's selling. Last I checked PS4 has around 101,000 on the first map.

MYeager

Haha I still can't sign into Uplay and it's been a week now. LOL.

There's a number of problems with uPlay and with different platforms for Trials. If you are on the PS4 log into the Ubisoft uPlay website and check to make sure your PSN account is linked to your profile. Many, including myself on a different platform, are discovering that it's not linked for some reason. If that doesn't work try downloading the Hue Body Kit which should automatically open a browser in the PS4 and take you to the uPlay website where it'll link your account.

According to their Support Forums the Season Pass issue is a problem on Sony's side and they're working to get it corrected but there's no current solution at this time.

Wow, seeing that video makes me think my controller must be broken or something. There is no way in hell I could ever pull off any of those tricks. (I'm just joking. I know I just suck.)

Has Ubisoft/RedLynx said what the planned difficulty will be of the DLC? If I'm having trouble with the Expert levels in the base game then I'm screwed if the DLC is even harder.

Has Ubisoft/RedLynx said what the planned difficulty will be of the DLC? If I'm having trouble with the Expert levels in the base game then I'm screwed if the DLC is even harder.

All of the DLC in the past was a mix of all difficulties, usually to address an imbalance seen in the vanilla package. Considering the lack of mid-hard difficulty tracks, I think you'll see a lot more medium and lower-level hard courses. They could do with adding a lot more variety to the vanilla Fusion course set, as this is one of the biggest strengths of Evolution and why that game is better out of box than Fusion, IMO.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Well thats a shame. Would make the game even more enjoyable in my opinion.

I think Im hitting my wall on These extreme tracks.
Allready took me 486 checkpoints and 28:30 to beat the first one.
Second extreme track is a work of sorcery to get through this one jump.
Zero faulting every previous Event will be enough for me.

If you go through and Zero fault everything but the extreme tracks, you'll find that the extreme tracks aren't that hard anymore. It happened the exact same way for me on HD. I felt like i'd never be able to do them. Now I can zero fault Extremes.

Overdoziz

Banned
If you go through and Zero fault everything but the extreme tracks, you'll find that the extreme tracks aren't that hard anymore. It happened the exact same way for me on HD. I felt like i'd never be able to do them. Now I can zero fault Extremes.
Same here. I think I only hit the 500 fault/30 minute limit once, though. I just could not get past the pallets on Inferno 2.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Doesn't look quite as hard as a lot of the custom made ninja tracks in Evo, but still cool that they put those in.

Well, that's just the Ninja version of the by far easiest Extreme track. I can only imagine the Ninja versions of the more difficult Extremes are ridiculous.

Steiner84

Same here. I think I only hit the 500 fault/30 minute limit once, though. I just could not get past the pallets on Inferno 2.

well, thanks guys. that gives me hope.
I will see what I can do.

Regarding the numbers across platforms I think they are ok so far. I think this game has some legs.
Also the ps4 numbers seem ok, taking into account that the series was xbox console exclusive so far and did not have the exposition on ps platforms that it had on xbox.

I just would love to see a trials collection with HD and Evolution coming to current gen plattforms.
IS this possible or are any or both of them micosoft owned?

MYeager

well, thanks guys. that gives me hope.
I will see what I can do.

Regarding the numbers across platforms I think they are ok so far. I think this game has some legs.
Also the ps4 numbers seem ok, taking into account that the series was xbox console exclusive so far and did not have the exposition on ps platforms that it had on xbox.

I just would love to see a trials collection with HD and Evolution coming to current gen plattforms.
IS this possible or are any or both of them micosoft owned?

Both are Microsoft Studios published, so that would likely be determined by what kind of contract they have with Microsoft regarding the distribution of those properties. Would be cool though.

Steiner84

Both are Microsoft Studios published, so that would likely be determined by what kind of contract they have with Microsoft regarding the distribution of those properties. Would be cool though.

well, thats lowering the chances i guess.. thanks

WW?

Surprised it's lower on PS4 considering it sold more at retail on PS4 in the UK...

No reason to think it's not worldwide since I don't think there was ever a distinction made between regions before and many of the entries are from other regions on past games leaderboards as well the current one. It'll probably even out over time, but I expect that Trials is still seen on consoles as more of an XBOX franchise just because that last two were exclusive for so long before PC release. That and the best most dedicated group of X360 Trials players are still adding new installment achievements to their past ones, keeping the Trials community similar at the top, whether on X1 or X360.

151,631 is the latest figure for total riders on X1.

Brakara

well, thats lowering the chances i guess.. thanks

I think your best bet in this regard is just getting the PC version of Evolution (it has all the tracks from HD as well) since, unless this game is a gangbuster on PS4, I doubt they'll spend any resources on porting that old game.

Steiner84

I think your best bet in this regard is just getting the PC version of Evolution (it has all the tracks from HD as well) since, unless this game is a gangbuster on PS4, I doubt they'll spend any resources on porting that old game.

Yeah, Ive allready considered that. However I would have loved to play them on ps4.
I will look them up on steam then.
has the game general PAd support natively or only 360 PAd?

aravuus

Heck yeah, extreme tracks

I love these cause even passing them is a massive challenge. Even hard tracks are in the end fairly easy, although I usually just get silver in them.

Also I love the last bike you get

How's the community on Xbone? With my PS4 in for repair I am strongly considering buying the Xbox version even with the resolution hit. As long as I get a rock solid 60fps.

How do the two compare? And as a side question, how do you guys think the PC community will compare to consoles?

see5harp

How's the community on Xbone? With my PS4 in for repair I am strongly considering buying the Xbox version even with the resolution hit. As long as I get a rock solid 60fps.

How do the two compare? And as a side question, how do you guys think the PC community will compare to consoles?

Gameplay wise it's identical. I actually prefer the triggers on XBOX One for this game. The resolution difference isn't easily discernable to me, but there is a few levels where there is some tearing, always at the same point. Texture pop in is about the same as PS4 version.

It's not that surrpising that X1 is leading PS4 numbers (from the leaderboards at least). Trials is a well known IP for Xbox players, but not as well known for Playstation gamers.

There are two noticeable drops in FPS playing through the Xbox version... There's one easy level, it's like the... 6th or 7th in the game, and there's an inexplicable and noticeable drop in frames for a second or two. There's one other part on the "Hard" Ice level (Deep freeze or whatever it's called), and it's a part where your shadow is cast onto an ice wall, and you can definitely tell there's a drop in frames there once the shadow appears.

Other than those two levels, i haven't noticed any frame drops. I have seen some screen tearing but I'm not very susceptible to noticing that, especialy in Trials when I'm focusing almost entirely on my bike and not so much on the world around it.

Ray Wonder

The rumble in the triggers is the biggest difference. You can feel the power, so it's helps a lot with feathering and climbing.

Brakara

Yeah, Ive allready considered that. However I would have loved to play them on ps4.
I will look them up on steam then.
has the game general PAd support natively or only 360 PAd?

Not sure about general controller support (I use a 360 controller myself), but it should support the PS3 controller with motioninjoy (emulates the PS3 controller as a 360 controller).

http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

Edit: I checked the Steam page for Trials Evolution and it says "Partial Controller Support" whatever that means.

Duxxy3

Shit this game get hard...

love it!

edit: i may need to get squid grips just for this game.

edit 2: starting to wonder if the PS4 triggers are a handicap now that i'm getting to the hard levels.

Ray Wonder

IRay Wonder... You're too good lol

4vH2jzB.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Went back and played some Trials Evo Gold today and discovered two things.

1) Somehow Trials Fusion made me better at Trials, and I was able to pick up some gold medals on difficult tracks that had eluded me.

2) Track design in Evo/HD seems significantly more interesting than in Fusion. I wonder if the new future setting and aesthetic ended up limiting what they could do design-wise versus the more traditional warehouse environments.

Top Bottom