• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I've only played the beta so far (really excited for tomorrow) but the only thing about it that is meh to me is FMX. I don't like FMX. Everything else I was happy with and the other tracks I've watched on Twitch look fun. Trials HD/Evo are my favorite games of last gen too.

Yeah, FMX is pretty crap. Not entirely terrible in and of itself, but a rather pointless addition to the series IMO. I've done those tracks a few times each, but I don't think I'll be bothering with them anymore. Luckily they don't count toward your ranking, nor do the skill games, so you can safely ignore that stuff after trying it out a few times and just focus on what makes these games so great.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I know everyone hates the trick system but it leads to a lot of stupid hilarity in multiplayer, so it's alright with me. Just wish they didn't cut online multi out the game.

Iacobellis

I know everyone hates the trick system but it leads to a lot of stupid hilarity in multiplayer, so it's alright with me. Just wish they didn't cut online multi out the game.

They might add it later via a patch. I imagine they just wanted the game out as soon as possible with the least amount of issues.

I know a lot of people are disappointed about the multiplayer but I personally never cared about it. It's really just simultaneous Trials speed runs on boring tracks. If they were going to do something with multiplayer, might as well go even farther with it. Make some long, crazy tracks, and come up with some way to actually affect the other riders in some goofy way.

Leaderboard chasing is the only multiplayer I really need.

Daigoro

I've only managed that on the first one so far. On the second I have a couple of faults, and then it goes up from there. Inferno IV is close to 200 (I've only beaten it a single time, haven't gone back to it yet). The Hard tracks are all 0-faulted, of course, and I'm working on getting Platinum on all of them. But yeah, I don't expect that ranking to stand for very long unless I keep working on it!

huh ok. sounds like competition on the xbox one side of things is a bit steeper. (not to diminish your riding, because it sounds like you are kicking ass!) that guy Cajun who's posted here a few times is about to get bumped out of the top 100 and he's had everything up to Inferno 0 faulted for days from what I saw (I didn't check all of his records, but I assume since he had all but one expert tracks zero faulted that the hard ones were too) sucks about the leaderboards being split between all 4 different versions of the game. there are a lot of amazing players that never left the 360 for this game as well. that's a lot of split competition. :/

sounds like you are killing it though! too bad were not on the same platform, id like to have you on my friends list to ride against.

This describes Trials perfectly for me.

Every time I stop playing, I'm in the mood of "I'm never playing this fucking game again". An hour later I'm playing again. It's addictive, stressful, rewarding, and infuriating all at the same time.

I leap frogged ya on global today Ray in with just a few faults on Mind the Gap. didn't even get the plat, so close to putting together a fine run on that track, but there are a lot of ways to blow it. it was driving me a bit crazy.

hate it when you've done every section of a track with flow and speed, but cant put it all together in that one perfect run without a billion retries.

I put in a small amount of work on some other hard tracks too, but didn't finish 0 faulting them though. if you go back and put in a few no faulters you can get me back. maybe you already did? ill check in the morning.

I have a few days off coming up and im starting to get my chops back though. next up for me is finishing up 0 faulting hard tracks (got 3-4 left maybe?), actually completeting the expert tracks and then going back to get some plats and getting my flow back.

this should be fun until one of us gets burnt out. keep riding, we are so close now!

Yeah, FMX is pretty crap. Not entirely terrible in and of itself, but a rather pointless addition to the series IMO. I've done those tracks a few times each, but I don't think I'll be bothering with them anymore. Luckily they don't count toward your ranking, nor do the skill games, so you can safely ignore that stuff after trying it out a few times and just focus on what makes these games so great.

thanks god that shit doesn't count towards global. that would have ruined the game for me. like you say, this way I can mostly ignore that crap and just dip in if I feel like it for achievements or whatever.

it would have been nice if they separated the crap from regular trials tracks, but ill live. damn shame they allowed fmx tricks to be used in trials runs though. they fucked up there. at least they are working on fixing that. never should have happened to begin with though. dumb mistake.

I know a lot of people are disappointed about the multiplayer but I personally never cared about it. It's really just simultaneous Trials speed runs on boring tracks. If they were going to do something with multiplayer, might as well go even farther with it. Make some long, crazy tracks, and come up with some way to actually affect the other riders in some goofy way.

multiplayer was the only thing besides pure trials that they added to the franchise that I cared about. not sure what you mean about boring tracks (unless you mean super cross, which you were never forced to play. just had to pick Trials/Hardcore).

for me it was just a great way to keep in practice while not taking a run too seriously and get some competition going real time. if you could keep your concentration up and keep those faults down and get some flow going, you could win. if not...

even if I hadn't played in a while and was rusty as hell, I could turn on Evo and hop into multiplayer and get some runs in to get warmed up and probably win a few races. no fun trying to shave off times on solo runs after a hiatus. takes forever to shake the rust like that and it gets really taxing chasing after fast times when youre out of practice.

I spent a lot of time playing multi on Evo almost purely for fun, with a dash of competitive edge to it. I definitely miss its inclusion.

of course pure Trials is the main point of the game, and this game still has that without too much bullshit included (fms tricks on runs, and fmx/skill games lumped in with career mode). for all the nail biting and worrying I did right before the game came out, it turned out well. im definitely enjoying Fusion.

(having it on a shiny new console helps too!)

did I type enough?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Has the Season Pass bug been fixed yet?

Oh, and FMX and the Foxbat can suck my fucking balls. I HATE that they made it a part of the campaign.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Unlike 99% of racing games, the multiplayer in Trials was structured in a way that allowed for players of unequal skill to have a good time. That's largely due to the checkpoint system. So the game essentially filled the local multi gap that Micro Machines left.

I don't see SP/MP as an either or thing, since a lot of the best MP tracks in Evo came from the community. RedLynx can focus on SP content. Variety is the best thing the franchise has going for it.

MYeager

Has the Season Pass bug been fixed yet?

Oh, and FMX and the Foxbat can suck my fucking balls. I HATE that they made it a part of the campaign.

Considering how easy they are to get Gold medals in, I think they even realized that. Don't fault and do a couple of tricks and the time bonus nearly puts you over the top.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I leap frogged ya on global today Ray in with just a few faults on Mind the Gap. didn't even get the plat, so close to putting together a fine run on that track, but there are a lot of ways to blow it. it was driving me a bit crazy.

hate it when you've done every section of a track with flow and speed, but cant put it all together in that one perfect run without a billion retries.

I put in a small amount of work on some other hard tracks too, but didn't finish 0 faulting them though. if you go back and put in a few no faulters you can get me back. maybe you already did? ill check in the morning.

I have a few days off coming up and im starting to get my chops back though. next up for me is finishing up 0 faulting hard tracks (got 3-4 left maybe?), actually completeting the expert tracks and then going back to get some plats and getting my flow back.

this should be fun until one of us gets burnt out. keep riding, we are so close now!

Good job, I haven't been able to play the past few days. When I do get a chance, well see if those scores stand!

pieman

Neo Member
shhshh your not supposed to say that around here!

in ok with it, but it should really recognize the tricks better.
for a twitchy action like that it just take to long and doesn't always work.

I agree, although I try and do a trick I seem to have a poor hit rate as to what actually gets performed, if at all. With practise I would get better, but the rest of the game is so addictive I can happily ignore the trick system...

Overdoziz

Banned
I got it on steam and I can't download it yet :/
8ls7y.png

5YLRxxu.gif

hmm so I bought this last week just cause I love trials.

I haven't opened the disc version yet - seems like it's not entirely positive impressions. Should i return it?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
shhshh your not supposed to say that around here!

in ok with it, but it should really recognize the tricks better.
for a twitchy action like that it just take to long and doesn't always work.

In a game as precise and demanding as Trials, don't these issues mean that the trick system is indeed shit?

Hixx

And somebody educate me on the squirrels.

I've yet to see a SINGLE squirrel. and my stats say that there are 20 of them.

Spoilered just in case others don't want to know anything but nothing specific:
You've got to do things for them to appear. Some involve finding signs, others dropping to your death in a certain hole, some require bailing out at a very specific time. They are ridiculously hard to find, honestly. I've looked some up on YouTube and I just think "how on Earth was I supposed to find that?"

sneaky77

You've got to do things for them to appear. Some involve finding signs, others dropping to your death in a certain hole, some require bailing out at a very specific time. They are ridiculously hard to find, honestly. I've looked some up on YouTube and I just think "how on Earth was I supposed to find that?"

I am having that same issue with challenges lol, I've done a few but haven't really concentrated much on them but the specific find this or do that is like wut?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
if you want a good laugh go look at the top replays for the ice climb skill game. The ending is literally the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in trials. It's like a 100ft vertical rock face and some people just seem to glide up it.

NeoRausch

ah, thanks! gonna look it up then. sounds like it would be quite impossible without a guide.

tanooki27

i think the FMX stuff is awesome. it's a wacky tonic to the palm-sweating intensity of the main courses. i like to get on the huge user created jumps and just wild out.

MYeager

Thought I'd play a little before bed, ended up staying up way too late but have now bronzed 3/5 of the Extreme trials tracks. Worth it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
hmm so I bought this last week just cause I love trials.

I haven't opened the disc version yet - seems like it's not entirely positive impressions. Should i return it?
It's NeoGAF. Every single game ever made has negative opinions on this forum. That said, the game is a little light on content at the moment. Curious to see if the community will fill that gap.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
huh ok. sounds like competition on the xbox one side of things is a bit steeper. (not to diminish your riding, because it sounds like you are kicking ass!) that guy Cajun who's posted here a few times is about to get bumped out of the top 100 and he's had everything up to Inferno 0 faulted for days from what I saw (I didn't check all of his records, but I assume since he had all but one expert tracks zero faulted that the hard ones were too) sucks about the leaderboards being split between all 4 different versions of the game. there are a lot of amazing players that never left the 360 for this game as well. that's a lot of split competition. :/

Yeah, I guess there are more experienced Trials players on XBO who have transitioned there from the 360 games. Probably more newbies on PS4. But the situation seems to be improving quickly, because even though I've significantly improved my results on the Extreme tracks (still only one 0-faulted though) I've started dropping positions.

And yeah, it's a shame the leaderboards aren't cross-platform. That would make your leaderboard position a better indication of your true skill level.

Yes. DS4 is not very good with Trials.

Saying it's "not very good" is going a bit too far, I think. It may not be quite as optimal as the XBO controller because of the different triggers, but it's perfectly fine. You just have to get used to the trigger sensitivity, and you can do anything you can with any other controller.

Daigoro

Good job, I haven't been able to play the past few days. When I do get a chance, well see if those scores stand!
nothing special at all, just some zero fault runs is all you need.

I have a grand total of one tracks that I have even a decent actual time on (and that's on a crappy panda track) . almost put together a good run on mind the gap, but couldn't pull it off yet.

shouldn't be much trouble to catch back up at all, but like I said, I got a few days of, so I have a bit of a head start here.

Uiki

Working for pc.

If you have the beta, don't delete it. Go in the steam common folder and rename it to "trials fusion". Then start the download.

Top Bottom