• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

japtor

I'm finally getting more consistent at it, though the only advice I can really give is have both tires hit and do the bunny hop motion as soon as you land. You wouldn't think there is enough time for a bunny hop since you bounce pretty hard, but it does work.
I need to try again to make sure, but from looking at videos and how I'd handle it (just from long time Trials experience) it's a matter of hitting that landing right and bunny hopping right off of it. For short stuff like that it might help thinking of it as a single or continuous action, like adjustment to cushion the landing is the first part of the bunny hop, once you land you jump back off.

And there's the second landing part, although this is mostly for the inclines with obstacles on them. A trick for jumps where the back wheel might be low is to lean forward to rotate the bike a bit then lean back, which (if done right) pulls the back of the bike up. Then back forward to get the wheel back down in contact with the surface.
uhhh....good luck with that...
I've played a bunch of Trials with an arcade stick (and normally gas with the face button), you can get away with a lot without analog controls. Course super steep inclines are a bitch that way but for many they're doable with fast entries and careful tapping.
I am stuck on this jump in Rock Of Ages. I have no idea how am I supposed to jump this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtxu8zqfTbk#t=2m44s
The slanted+vertical white block part? Find some other videos that show how to do it without the rear wheel trick.

Hard to explain but the general idea for that kind of stuff comes down to bunny hopping off of it, maybe leaning back to turn the bike vertical if necessary, (hopefully leading to the rear wheel tapping the vertical wall and reversing rotation) and leaning forward once your front wheel clears, then hit the brake to keep the front wheel planted on the surface. If done well you'll have forward momentum that'll get the rest of you over and you can work it out from there. There's some brake tapping trick that can help too, if you hold gas and tap brake rapidly it can help rotate you clockwise if you're kinda teetering on the edge.
How so? Do you expect the game to teach you how to tackle every single thing?

They teach you the basics on how to go up steep walls, how to land on a steep wall, bunny hop and getting the bike to go forward after a ramp that goes straight up. For everything up to the extreme tracks, that is all the knowledge you need to complete them.

Extreme tracks requires you to play very differently to complete jumps in a consistent manner since some of the obstacles are designed so you can't tackle them in the normal way. This is why they are hard as fuck.

But anything before extreme tracks? The game has already told you everything you need to know. You just have to experiment with the best way to do it on that track. There's no one way of doing something that will magically work for everything.
Yeah there's only so much that can be covered, I thought the tutorial was pretty good. In the older games there were the signs in the background while you had to figure it out (which I prefer but whatever), it's more explicit in explaining stuff in this one and I think it covered more techniques.

Seems like for the most part you're dealing with landing, bunny hops, and climbing, and the game teaches you all that. The hard stuff is basically variations or combinations of that stuff. Only stuff I might add is braking to help get on tops of platforms but even that's not necessary if everything else goes right. There's mid air bike control too but there's too much nuance and individual preference in that stuff, I'd say that's another thing you just kinda learn by feel and experience.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I need to try again to make sure, but from looking at videos and how I'd handle it (just from long time Trials experience) it's a matter of hitting that landing right and bunny hopping right off of it. For short stuff like that it might help thinking of it as a single or continuous action, like adjustment to cushion the landing is the first part of the bunny hop, once you land you jump back off.

It's also very possible to make that jump from a standstill on the first platform. You just have to roll back as far as possible, then do a good bunny hop to the next one. But yeah, you have a better chance of clearing the gap if you don't stop, although it's more difficult to consistently pull off IMO.

japtor

It's also very possible to make that jump from a standstill on the first platform. You just have to roll back as far as possible, then do a good bunny hop to the next one. But yeah, you have a better chance of clearing the gap if you don't stop, although it's more difficult to consistently pull off IMO.
I'm more comfortable with hauling ass through stuff when possible so I think I'd be more consistent without stopping there. It kinda goes back to the tutorial discussion, there's usually multiple ways to tackle stuff so you just gotta figure out what works best for you.

Butane123

So I just got this today on the X1. I can't get it to connect at all to the uplay servers, and haven't found any way to solve this problem. Anyone know of anyway to connect to them, or is it just a matter of luck?

So I just got this today on the X1. I can't get it to connect at all to the uplay servers, and haven't found any way to solve this problem. Anyone know of anyway to connect to them, or is it just a matter of luck?

I'm also on Xbone. I got on maybe an hour ago and everything seemed fine. I've noticed that at times it disconnects while I'm on a track and needs to reconnect after I've finished. It hasn't happened often, but it seems it may just be luck of the draw at times.

I don't think they ever promised online multi? Seems like a pretty complete game to me.

They may not have promised it, but if RedLynx tossed online multiplayer for FMX I'll be pissed. It's fun as hell to do supercross online in Evolution. It's the best when you start out supercross online with the Donkey, and then you see the guys in your lobby switch to the Donkey for the next track.

I'm sure they'll add it in though. It's just a matter of waiting.

Kumubou

So I decided to give Inferno IV a try today... and ran out of time at the final checkpoint, womp womp. :| People were not joking about the goddamn barrels, that obstacle is gross.

Trials Evo and Fusion extreme tracks are way harder than HD.
It's funny, I went back and played HD earlier in the week... the tracks are easier but the time requirements for gold/platinum seem way tighter. There were a bunch of hard (and hell, even medium) levels that I got 0 faults on but was too slow for even a gold, and it wasn't like I was taking my sweet time.

It's funny, I went back and played HD earlier in the week... the tracks are easier but the time requirements for gold/platinum seem way tighter. There were a bunch of hard (and hell, even medium) levels that I got 0 faults on but was too slow for even a gold, and it wasn't like I was taking my sweet time.

I bought Evolution before I bought HD, and I have the same experience as you. HD's extremes are pretty damn tough. I'd take Inferno 3 over Inferno 2 any day.

Edit: Just went back and watched my replay of Inferno 3. I've decided that all inferno tracks can suck a fart out of my ass.

blazeuk

I am stuck on this jump in Rock Of Ages. I have no idea how am I supposed to jump this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtxu8zqfTbk#t=2m44s

I think the idea behind it is not pressing full on the gas (which will usually push you away or make you flip), it's an obstacle you can actually take your time with rather than hoping for a lucky bounce off the sloped platform. Get yourself onto the platform and balance yourself on it, then you can tap the gas a few times until your front wheel lifts and you're going into the vertical side with the back wheel, then press the gas at about 70% and when your front wheel has cleared the side let go of the gas and push forward (tapping the brake to stop it climbing and force the bike forward can also work), then it's just a matter of balancing on your front wheel and sorting your bike out to cross the checkpoint.

It's difficult to explain the timings though so you'll probably not get it straight away, it'll still take a lot of tries to get it right.

Yesssssssssss, Frost Bite finally goes down. After several hundred more attempts I finally got lucky and cleared that stupid jump. After that, everything else was relatively simple.

Now to keep working on platinums. And whenever I feel like torturing myself, working on silvers and golds for the Extreme tracks.

atomsk

Party Pooper
via facebook/twitter

Trials Fusion servers will be down for maintenance on May 6th starting at 2pm GMT and lasting 2 hours. Online features will not be available during the maintenance.

snacknuts

we all knew her
After enjoying this game since release on the 360, I bought a PS4 last night and double dipped on Trials. I am having trouble finding the name I need to add to my friends list to add a bunch of GAFers. Any help?

If anyone wants to add me, my PSN name is snacknuts.

I heard there is no online multiplayer yet. Why do they sell us unfinished games?
Online multiplayer sucked in trials evo. A waste of features. It's like if the next trials comes out and drops fmx tracks, I wouldn't consider that unfinished, it'd be an improvement

aravuus

After enjoying this game since release on the 360, I bought a PS4 last night and double dipped on Trials. I am having trouble finding the name I need to add to my friends list to add a bunch of GAFers. Any help?

If anyone wants to add me, my PSN name is snacknuts.

It's NeoGAF_Trials

Add him/her/it and after he/she/it accepts your request, everyone on his/her/its friends list

So I decided to give Inferno IV a try today... and ran out of time at the final checkpoint, womp womp. :| People were not joking about the goddamn barrels, that obstacle is gross.

I'm going back and forth between Evo and Fusion right now and noticed this as well. I don't think I've ever 0 faulted a track and not gotten the gold on Fusion. In Evo though, 0 faulting is rarely enough once you get to medium and up. I have to then actively try to cut 10-15 seconds off my runs to get gold.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
There's only very, very minimal tearing in the PS4 version, and only in certain situations (typically when there's a lot of alpha effects on screen). And even then it only lasts for a few frames. Most of the time it's 100% solid. Definitely nothing to stay away from the PS4 version for.
Well, if everything else is the same why not get the version with zero tearing and real AA? I'm also a big fan of 3D in 2.5D games.

I hope they make Track Central cross platform, because the 360 will probably have the biggest community of modders.

Trying to get the Platinums on FMX is actively detracting from my enjoyment of this game.

*edit: So I come here to bitch and then 10 minutes later this just kind of randomly happens.

WPkF6vt.jpg

NeoRausch

so ummm....

is there anyway to reconnect to Uplay on PS4? The login (after the renewed login screen) failed and now I'm not sure if I entered the password correctly (I'm very sure it was wrong).

all I get now is the standart left to right swing yellow bar. is there an app i'm missing for PS4? Or something in the options menu I should know of to trigger the login screen again?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I think the idea behind it is not pressing full on the gas (which will usually push you away or make you flip), it's an obstacle you can actually take your time with rather than hoping for a lucky bounce off the sloped platform. Get yourself onto the platform and balance yourself on it, then you can tap the gas a few times until your front wheel lifts and you're going into the vertical side with the back wheel, then press the gas at about 70% and when your front wheel has cleared the side let go of the gas and push forward (tapping the brake to stop it climbing and force the bike forward can also work), then it's just a matter of balancing on your front wheel and sorting your bike out to cross the checkpoint.

It's difficult to explain the timings though so you'll probably not get it straight away, it'll still take a lot of tries to get it right.

Have you actually got this technique working consistently? I'm still trying to find a way to clear this obstacle that always works, and no luck so far. Trying it according to your description doesn't seem to work at all for me, I just end up going backwards instead. I've cleared the track with 3 faults, but I'm just not consistent enough to get it down to zero yet.

Well, if everything else is the same why not get the version with zero tearing and real AA? I'm also a big fan of 3D in 2.5D games.

I hope they make Track Central cross platform, because the 360 will probably have the biggest community of modders.

Everything else is not the same. The community is pretty much guaranteed to be much better on PS4 than on PC in the long run, so I'll live with some very minimal and very rare tearing. If we were taking about the 360 or XBO versions, where it's my understanding that the performance issues are much more pronounced, I guess I could see your point. But on PS4 it's so minimal that it doesn't bother me. And I really hate screen tearing, it's worse than frame drops (to a certain extent) IMO. Also, from what I understand your mileage with the PC version may very much vary, even if your hardware should be able to get a rock-solid 60 fps at all times. Not as bad as Evo Gold, but still not great for everyone.

Everything else is not the same. The community is pretty much guaranteed to be much better on PS4 than on PC in the long run, so I'll live with some very minimal and very rare tearing. If we were taking about the 360 or XBO versions, where it's my understanding that the performance issues are much more pronounced, I guess I could see your point. But on PS4 it's so minimal that it doesn't bother me. And I really hate screen tearing, it's worse than frame drops (to a certain extent) IMO. Also, from what I understand your mileage with the PC version may very much vary, even if your hardware should be able to get a rock-solid 60 fps at all times. Not as bad as Evo Gold, but still not great for everyone.

I agree with everything you said. The PS4 version is basically giving you the PC graphics, with nearly flawless performance, and a larger userbase for track creation and competition.

All the other platforms are compromised in one or more of those categories.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wasn't the maintenence supposed to be done by now? Sure as hell can't connect...

EDIT: Great, I beat my record on Rock of Rages, and can't fucking save it because the servers are dead. Why the fuck doesn't this game save results offline temporarily and upload them later? Stupid crap.

Duxxy3

I tried trials evolution on my PC with a 360 controller.

I may double dip on fusions, because there's big difference in comfort and usability between my controllers (for me).

Staal

I finally made it to the extreme tracks, only to meet my limit (so far). I spent about 10 minutes to get to the last checkpoint, which was easier than I expected. Only to be stuck on that point for the remaining 15 minutes to hit 500 faults... and I only got close to the finish line twice. Getting so is sooooo frustrating.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Have you actually got this technique working consistently? I'm still trying to find a way to clear this obstacle that always works, and no luck so far. Trying it according to your description doesn't seem to work at all for me, I just end up going backwards instead. I've cleared the track with 3 faults, but I'm just not consistent enough to get it down to zero yet.

Why is the community guaranteed to be better on the PS4?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why is the community guaranteed to be better on the PS4?

Well, the user base is quite a bit smaller on PC, isn't it? At least it was last time I saw numbers from all platforms, although I don't have the PC version so I can't check myself. PS4 is at about 212K players right now, with Track Central showing 7300+ tracks. What are the numbers on PC?

Linconan

Last time i checked for Balance level, i'm ranked 19th lol
The only level i like playing for a quick turn on to play. haha
I'm not patting my own back or anything, just find it funny i'm that with all my interruptions and not being focused on my Gameplay 100%, that i can still get on the boards. wicked

Playing gaming time is getting harder and harder all the time, and i have to be selective :(
Thank the Gaming Gods for Arcade style Games.
Sometimes i do wish for the old days, when i can hit gaming hard with no interruptions or anything.
. *sniff
*single tear rolls down check*

But, i do love me children. They can distract me as much as they want. The little Legends :)

..Random Post..

MYeager

Aside from some uPlay BS and some crappy shadows, the 360 version runs fine. I don't even have the hitching issues some mentioned. It would've been great if they could've managed to have an interconnected community for the sharing of tracks. Not sure how the other platforms are but the 360 already has something like 4500 tracks.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It would've been great if they could've managed to have an interconnected community for the sharing of tracks.

Impossible, at least for 360 + others. The next-gen (eh, current-gen) versions allow you to create twice as complex tracks, so those couldn't run in the 360 version.

Well, the user base is quite a bit smaller on PC, isn't it? At least it was last time I saw numbers from all platforms, although I don't have the PC version so I can't check myself. PS4 is at about 212K players right now, with Track Central showing 7300+ tracks. What are the numbers on PC?

I think the PC community is big enough for you to enjoy a lot of great tracks for a long period of time. We have a list with 30 GAFers if you want some scores to beat. More isn't automatically better.

Personally, I thought it was a freaking nightmare to design tracks with a controller in Evo. It's sooooo much faster and convenient with KBAM.

I'd say, if you want to play in your own way (with any controller you want, in 3D or not, whatever), in higher fidelity or simply a game that is compatible with the future, go with PC. If you want more tracks to choose from, go with PS4.

If you have any friends on either PC/PS4/XO, go with that imo, but even then, it doesn't really matter if you don't care that much for ghosts

GodofWine

these master tracks are mental...

I cleared the first two...after about 2000 faults, and being mostly convinced there were impossible jumps...now Im on Light whatever it is (#3)...that bunny hop across the gap, into a vertical face and somehow get your front tire on the lip...my god. I can get to that pretty easy now, then its literally over for me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh yes, sweet Jebus, I FUCKING FINALLY managed to zero-fault Rock of Rages after having been stuck on 2-3 faults since what feels like forever. I would so often have a flawless run up until THAT obstacle (jump, slanted platform, box), and then choke there. Or rather, I didn't have a consistent way of clearing it. Still don't, really, but this time I finally managed to clear every obstacle without fucking up. Feels good, man!

Oh yes, sweet Jebus, I FUCKING FINALLY managed to zero-fault Rock of Rages after having been stuck on 2-3 faults since what feels like forever. I would so often have a flawless run up until THAT obstacle (jump, slanted platform, box), and then choke there. Or rather, I didn't have a consistent way of clearing it. Still don't, really, but this time I finally managed to clear every obstacle without fucking up. Feels good, man!

Wow. I'm impressed. I have yet to even clear that box once, with about 500 tries under my belt.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wow. I'm impressed. I have yet to even clear that box once, with about 500 tries under my belt.

It will happen for you too, just gotta keep working on it! Although if you're truly stuck there, maybe leave it for a while, go improve your results on the Hard tracks (if you haven't already zero-faulted them), and come back later.

It will happen for you too, just gotta keep working on it! Although if you're truly stuck there, maybe leave it for a while, go improve your results on the Hard tracks (if you haven't already zero-faulted them), and come back later.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did after making my first real attempt at the Extreme tracks. I'm now back working on no faulting the Hard tracks. Making good progress there. :)

atomsk

Party Pooper
While I'm glad to finally have the season pass stuff cleared up on PS4, the hitching while I'm trying to lower my faults on Extreme tracks is really hampering my enjoyment of the game.

Like I kinda want to stop playing until the next patch since it keeps fucking up my runs.

GodofWine

While I'm glad to finally have the season pass stuff cleared up on PS4, the hitching while I'm trying to lower my faults on Extreme tracks is really hampering my enjoyment of the game.

Like I kinda want to stop playing until the next patch since it keeps fucking up my runs.

There's hitching on ps4? I haven't seen any yet.

OK, I cleared the third stupidly hard masters track, light whatever...my god, I got past that horrible bunny hop into a wall and get over it somehow thing..and then got to the last jump over the fence with 90 seconds left...I had to use the rear wheel flip 'glitch' (is it considered a glitch? or is it in the game for a reason), but I got over it, and finished it. just bronzing these is an accomplishment. Judging by my GAF friends (my only friends on ps4) not many people are finishing them.

I go from 35 people on my list on most tracks, to only 3-5 people who finished the last tracks.

blazeuk

Sadly not consistently enough as I'd like, but it's helped me get down to a couple of faults rather than the other ways I was trying to go about it (so probably about as consistent as the method you're using). It's the only way I've done it which doesn't feel like I have to rush it and get a perfect bounce off the sloped platform. I'd love to hear some other techniques though, I've not really seen any YouTube videos of it that are good enough to replicate every time (or at all in some cases).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Sadly not consistently enough as I'd like, but it's helped me get down to a couple of faults rather than the other ways I was trying to go about it (so probably about as consistent as the method you're using). It's the only way I've done it which doesn't feel like I have to rush it and get a perfect bounce off the sloped platform. I'd love to hear some other techniques though, I've not really seen any YouTube videos of it that are good enough to replicate every time (or at all in some cases).

Made a video of that part of my zero-fault run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDcgMemrxVg

I'm pretty close to not making it there, but something like this is what I've found to be most consistent for me. Landing in the forward position, then leaning back right as I hit the platform, and then forward again.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
3:00 and 6:41

7:34 and 10:37

Seems like not everyone is experiencing the issue, I get it in both live gameplay AND replays.

I've definitely experienced it. The menus are always a bit unresponsive and hitchy for me right when I've started the game, and occasionally I'll get hitches during gameplay as well. This seems to go away once the game has been running for a while. Seems like something is loading in the background after startup, or maybe it's network activity. Perhaps it's something with Uplay, as was suggested.

Top Bottom