• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

japtor

Man Frost Bite can go to hell.

I finally managed the third checkpoint after 150 faults only to run out of time at this jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ht6wZPzc62Y#t=160
how?!

way harder then 3rd checkpoint
The way it looks like that guy did it is lean forward in air then lean back/cushion the landing enough to stay on the back wheel, and accelerate from the leaned back position. More or less a wheelie jump I think. If you lean forward too early you don't get enough traction on the rear wheel to make the jump.

You can do it in separate steps though. You can try landing with the front wheel in the gap and rocking your way back onto the rock, then try the wheelie jump (or whatever method) from there to get up.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Man Frost Bite can go to hell.

I finally managed the third checkpoint after 150 faults only to run out of time at this jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ht6wZPzc62Y#t=160
how?!

way harder then 3rd checkpoint

That's pretty much just a matter of landing on your back wheel while in the seated position, and immediately leaning forward to get a bounce up to the next part. The tricky part is getting the angle right when you land. If you're too horizontal you'll just slam into the next part instead of making it up on top of it, and if you're too vertical you'll just go straight up instead of forward. You also need just the right counter-clockwise rotation speed as you hit the small rock, to counter hitting it with your back wheel (which will make you rotate forward).

Here is my best run of the track so far (4 faults, some of them pretty stupid):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIQ-sERHHew#t=73

As you can see, I first fail that obstacle by being to vertical when I land on the little rock, so I don't make it over the gap. On the next try I'm a bit more horizontal, and the forward lean (bunny hop) takes me up.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
finally got the damn gold on Inferno, with more than half the faults being on that last obstacle.

I got the gold, then got demoted to silver by getting a better result, lol. First got 44 faults and a gold time, then got 32 faults but with a slower time (which is still a better result ranking-wise). So no more gold for me! The medal level shown on the overall ranking seems to remember the best medal you have achieved though, because there it still shows me as having golded Extreme even though I now really have one silver there.

Regarding that last obstacle, are you trying to fully stop on the small platform before making the jump? That's what I originally did, but now I find it MUCH easier to just balance on my front wheel for a second, then transfer to my back wheel and bunny hop.

My nemesis on the track is still the barrels. I can pretty consistently get to them and stabilize there, but then when the time comes to bunny hop off the top one it's still very hit or miss for me. When I finally manage it I'm like "well, that was easy", but getting in the correct position to do so is something I don't feel fully in control of yet.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Around the Oasis took me a good 2 hours. It seems way more strict than a lot of the other tracks in the game.

Overdoziz

Banned
If4AfMQ.jpg

staredog.gif

The Xbox One version of this game is much darker than it should be. I know the XB1 seems to have a darker default black level, but it seems more extreme with this game for some reason.

Zeth

10 faults on Inferno 4 after banging my head against it all week. Improvement was 100>10 so I'm improving albeit slowly. Will start attempting 0 fault extreme runs now.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
10 faults on Inferno 4 after banging my head against it all week. Improvement was 100>10 so I'm improving albeit slowly. Will start attempting 0 fault extreme runs now.

I feel like I could possibly start attempting that soon if I could only consistently get past those damn barrels. I can get to them and stabilize myself there just fine, but getting into the right position to bunny hop off the top barrel is still a problem.

Apparently I need to turn off notifications when I'm playing trials. Just had a perfect platinum run on Rock of Rages going when a friend notification popped up and I completely botched it.

bOVQUuH.gif

JRW

The Xbox One version of this game is much darker than it should be. I know the XB1 seems to have a darker default black level, but it seems more extreme with this game for some reason.

Its the same way with 360 version vs. PC, I have both hooked up to the same TV (kuro plasma) I first really noticed it with the Sunrise Dash track, on 360 you can only see blackness on the track / background objects etc but on PC there's visible shadow details in the darkness.

JRW

This game seems to be fading much faster than Evo did. Not surprised given several of the decisions made with this one.

Between Trials HD, Evolution and Fusion, I like them all but would have to rank them (judging from included tracks, not user made):

#1. Trials HD - Awesome tracks, The most fun of the Trials IMO.
2. Trials Evolution - Very good tracks.
3. Trials Fusion - Title music got old quick, Nice graphics and some decent tracks but less fun factor overall.

Atomski

Between Trials HD, Evolution and Fusion, I like them all but would have to rank them (judging from included tracks, not user made):

3. Trials Fusion - Title music got old quick, Nice graphics and some decent tracks but less fun factor overall.

Yeah I feel about the same.. I put so many damn hours into the first 2 but for some reason Fusion is just not holding me.

I dont understand how the Developer got bought by Ubisoft, get a ton more budget and a shit ton more people creating it yet the game seems so bare bones to the first 2 games.

DLC effect im guessing :/

Overdoziz

Banned

I'd put HD at the bottom simply because the physics are worse and there's less variety in tracks. It also just lacks content. There's no online multiplayer, no track central and only a limited map editor. Evolution made so many improvements, it's pretty crazy. Fusion while still having that good base gameplay has less tracks in general and also doesn't have online multiplayer which puts it below Evolution. I wasn't really a fan of the things they did add either. The trick system is too inconsistent and the ATV is essentially just a boring version of a motorcycle.

So yeah, Evo is still GOAT.

Kumubou

I'd put HD at the bottom simply because the physics are worse and there's less variety in tracks. It also just lacks content. There's no online multiplayer, no track central and only a limited map editor. Evolution made so many improvements, it's pretty crazy. Fusion while still having that good base gameplay has less tracks in general and also doesn't have online multiplayer which puts it below Evolution. I wasn't really a fan of the things they did add either. The trick system is too inconsistent and the ATV is essentially just a boring version of a motorcycle.

So yeah, Evo is still GOAT.
Trials HD with both DLC expansions adds an insane number of tracks though. They kind of cheated with the second pack as they had a number of user-created tracks (which are interesting but don't seem to be tested nearly as well as the RedLynx ones). Track variety is fine for the most part from a mechanical standpoint (there is WAY more variety in the look and feel of Evolution though, which is nice). Fusion doesn't really improve on the game in any real way -- it feels like a giant expansion pack to Evolution, if anything. Which is still good (because the base game is solid), but it doesn't really add anything, not even much of a difficulty increase for dedicated players outside of some annoying-ass spikes in difficulty on the Extreme tracks.

(Still trying to get that Ultimate Endurance achivement, mumble mumble.)

whitehawk

Banned
The leader-boards feel a lot easier this time around. I'm in the top 50 for a whole ton of tracks, and even the top 10 for a few. It took a lot of effort to crack the top 100 in Evolution since everyone was playing on the 360. Damn multiplatform release :(

The leader-boards feel a lot easier this time around. I'm in the top 50 for a whole ton of tracks, and even the top 10 for a few. It took a lot of effort to crack the top 100 in Evolution since everyone was playing on the 360. Damn multiplatform release :(

Yeah, things are definitely easier on those PS4 leaderboards. I've got both versions and the XB1 leaderboards are definitely more competitive.

I think this is actually a big problem with the game. There's far less motivation (at least for me) to try and improve my times when I know I'm only competing against a segment of the actual player base.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
ive finally managed all extreme tracks on silver. besides inferno. havent even finished this..
but you guys were not wrong. Its just a matter of practice and you will get better.
Once impossible obstacles I can now do semi-consistently..

top leaderboard replays however are still wizardry..

Hello, 1st post

If anyone wants to add me on X360 I need some leaderboard times to try and compete against. GT: DJRedLine

The 1st easy track on Fusion is similar to Evolution in being a nightmare to get platinum

japtor

Got everything (at least) gold except Inferno so I gave that a go today...

LbPYsc0l.jpg

I got to the last obstacle at 5 minutes with 16 faults on that run, and 7 of those were on the second obstacle. Just completely fell apart in the end.

Hello, 1st post

If anyone wants to add me on X360 I need some leaderboard times to try and compete against. GT: DJRedLine

The 1st easy track on Fusion is similar to Evolution in being a nightmare to get platinum
Feel free to add me (if I don't get to adding you first), tag is same as my name here.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Oh man hahaha. Im still so new to the whole Trials thing, but the level "Harrrrrrrible" right now on newest medium tracks is stupid hilarious and cracks me up every time

Steiner84

Oh man hahaha. Im still so new to the whole Trials thing, but the level "Harrrrrrrible" right now on newest medium tracks is stupid hilarious and cracks me up every time

sadly redlynx is unable (for whatever reason - could be platform restrictions) to make a common pool of user trakcs for all platforms.
That is a real bummer.
You miss out on so many good tracks because of it. I hope they can get that fixed.

Dominator

I've been trying and trying, and man I can't get through any of the Expert tracks. Almost had the first one but then I ran out of faults. I don't even care about the medals I just want to beat one of them lol

I feel like I'm being stagnant and not getting any better at all. But I probably and because I get further every time.

Kumubou

I've been trying and trying, and man I can't get through any of the Expert tracks. Almost had the first one but then I ran out of faults. I don't even care about the medals I just want to beat one of them lol

I feel like I'm being stagnant and not getting any better at all. But I probably and because I get further every time.
What kind of times/fault counts do you have on the Hard tracks? If you're running out of faults on the first one, it only gets a lot uglier from there. I would go back and try to get Gold or better on as many Hard tracks first.

Steiner84

I once thought the same.
Those in generell and for your problem this particularly helped me.

men, i have gold on all extreme tracks (besides inferno) but I cant find a way to do the second to last checkpoint on rock of rages in a reasonable amount of retries.. i have no idea..

edit: made it.
nice

sneaky77

I came across a couple of really good hard (imo) tracks on PS4

Zen rando M by Zeloss 1978, this one is hard but not too bad

and 300 Marathon Trial (v) by nugget0797, very technical (for me) I was stuck on one obstacle and had to take off.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
sadly redlynx is unable (for whatever reason - could be platform restrictions) to make a common pool of user trakcs for all platforms.
That is a real bummer.
You miss out on so many good tracks because of it. I hope they can get that fixed.

oh really? i didn't know that. that is kind of a bummer. i guess that makes sense from a technical perspective but i wouldn't have thought that if you hadn't mentioned it.

how many tracks are their on other versions? i think there was about 10k on ps4

sneaky77

On trick master it says trick flip.. how you do that? I had an underdog flip and a superman flip.. and I did a front flip or back flip while holding the trick but that wasn't it?

Top Bottom