• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

JayEH

Didn't realize this has a physical release too . So the game costs 20 but with the season pass cost 40? Or are they just selling it at 40?

Didn't realize this has a physical release too . So the game costs 20 but with the season pass cost 40? Or are they just selling it at 40?

You can only get the Physical copy for 40 with the season pass.

For Digital you can get the standalone for 20 with out the season pass.

JayEH

You can only get the Physical copy for 40 with the season pass.

For Digital you can get the standalone for 20 with out the season pass.

Oh ok nice. Very smart for Ubisoft to include the season pass with the physical copy essential killing trade ins.

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
Dang. No online MP makes it a no buy for me. I can't believe they took that away. :( I loved making tracks and racing them with friends... also playing other peoples tracks they made. There were incredible tracks on the last game out there.

Wait, what? I realise you can't play against others online, but have they really removed the ability to download other people's custom tracks?

RoKKeR

So is there enough content in this game to justify a purchase as somebody with ZERO interest in the tricks thing? I mean if it's more Trials + custom map editor to play other people's tracks then I think I'm probably in.

My fondest memory is I think in I think the last Trials game racing against my friends on the largest custom map available... it was like this green hill side and took more than 15 minutes or something like that, I don't know, good times!

So is there enough content in this game to justify a purchase as somebody with ZERO interest in the tricks thing? I mean if it's more Trials + custom map editor to play other people's tracks then I think I'm probably in.

My fondest memory is I think in I think the last Trials game racing against my friends on the largest custom map available... it was like this green hill side and took more than 15 minutes or something like that, I don't know, good times!

A demo will be coming this week. Try that out and wait for other gaffers impressions. No rush on the purchase!

It seems like it, yeah. I also have NO interest in the tricks system, but it seems like a fully-fledged Trials game regardless. The trick-scoring levels are separate from the regular levels, too, so you don't even have to play those very much if you don't want to.

Overdoziz

Banned
Does anyone know if anything from the beta is carried over? Personal records most likely not, but maybe the challenges?

In the four events that are in the beta there are 26 total tracks (excluding tutorials) of which 3 are FMX tracks, 3 are skill games (1 purely uses FMX) and 20 trial tracks.

JLck

So we think its hitting PS on 15th and Xbox/PC on 16th? Or 15th for all?

Xbox trailer for the game is still saying 16th, yet those ps blogs say 15th.

hawk2025

So we think its hitting PS on 15th and Xbox/PC on 16th? Or 15th for all?

Xbox trailer for the game is still saying 16th, yet those ps blogs say 15th.

My PS4 copy shipped from Amazon today to arrive tomorrow, and the PS Store updates tomorrow with Trials.

Safe to assume it releases tomorrow, no?

Jarrod38

Picking this game up tomorrow after work. Cant beat getting the full game for $22 thanks to Best Buy Gamers Club, $6 gift card, and $5 rewards.

hawk2025

what time does US PSN update?

2PM is the usual, but... yeah.

Some games have had midnight releases so far (Ground Zeroes, Infamous). Not sure if Trials will be one of them, so that would be today.

If it's the usual time, it will be 2PM PST tomorrow, if not some time tomorrow in the afternoon.

JLck

My PS4 copy shipped from Amazon today to arrive tomorrow, and the PS Store updates tomorrow with Trials.

Safe to assume it releases tomorrow, no?

Which is why I said do we think it arrives on PS tomorow and on 16th for Xbox or PC? Or will it release everywhere tomorow.

whitehawk

Banned
2PM is the usual, but... yeah.

Some games have had midnight releases so far (Ground Zeroes, Infamous). Not sure if Trials will be one of them, so that would be today.

If it's the usual time, it will be 2PM PST tomorrow, if not some time tomorrow in the afternoon.
It should be a midnight release since it's part of the Day 1 Digital program. I pre-ordered it and it said download the game anytime after 12:01 AM EST.

Overdoziz

Banned
Anyone in the PC beta who wants a taste of Extreme tracks should try out the warp level challenges on a couple of tracks. They're making me excited for some difficult tracks.

I'm trying to stream the beta on Twitch but I've never streamed anything before and there's a lot of lag in the stream. Using OBS. I'll let you know if I have some success here.

see5harp

I got both versions coming from Gamefly. In any other circumstance, I'd be happy to give them $20 for the digital versions but it's always better to try first.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Friday for UK, or any hope for a Wednesday release?

Hmm, I mean, the PS Store updates on Wednesdays in the EU, so that's what I'm assuming...? And all the trailers say that the release date is the 16th. Although the retail version apparently doesn't come out until the 24th here in Sweden, so I don't really know what's up with anything.

GoaThief

Has anyone done a GAF league in the past? Been involved with one on a different forum with I think 6 divisions last time around. Was really good, I won't be participating in the new one as the forum was Xbox orientated and I'm picking it up on PS4.

Failing that, be good to get a group of gaffers loosely competing with each other, that said I've no idea what the new multiplayer will be exactly.

whitehawk

Banned
Has anyone done a GAF league in the past? Been involved with one on a different forum with I think 6 divisions last time around. Was really good, I won't be participating in the new one as the forum was Xbox orientated and I'm picking it up on PS4.

Failing that, be good to get a group of gaffers loosely competing with each other, that said I've no idea what the new multiplayer will be exactly.
I'm down of course. I wish PSN had a separate list, kind of like a friends list, to keep track of communities =/. But one that wouldn't notify you of peoples activities, just have the list there if you're looking for someone to play with or compare leaderboards.

Daigoro

the new unbisoft Redlynx forums are looking pretty dead. looks like a serious lack of excitement from the old community. doesn't help that the forums themselves are pretty shitacular.

this release is looking fucking grim. I cant believe that there is even the slimmest chance that I might not pick this game up immediately at launch. but everything ive been hearing lately about this game has been depressing as fuck.

no one has been able to answer the question about separate leaderboards for different game types, but im still holding out hope that they didn't completely botch this wonderful franchise up. but this could easily be the last straw for me and might cause me to skip the game all together. something which was utterly unthinkable until recently.

hopefully people who pick it up tonight and tomorrow will have good impressions and I can finally get a clear answer about the leader board situation. I still want to believe.

Top Bottom