• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truck plows into market in Berlin killing 12, injuring 48. Suspect shot dead in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Driver on the run either because he was an attacker or knows he fucked up big. Not quite sure of the latter holds water.

RIP to those who lost their lives. :(

KonradLaw

Terrorists aren't rational. It's not like any victim of terrorist acts actually deserve to die. Only fools think that "if only that country would do this thing then it wouldn't get any terrorism". This way of thought is just victim blaming.
Edit: I meant terrorists, not all muslims, sorry if that wasn't clear in first post.

Tugatrix

I'll just gonna wait for a police official to came in front of a camera and clarify all this, until then no use calling it an attack or an accident

Calamari41

41 > 38
Terrorists aren't rational. It's not like any victim of terrorist acts actually deserve to die. Only fools think that "if only that country would do this thing then it wouldn't get any terrorism". This way of thought is just victim blaming

The guy is just trying to get you in trouble, everyone knew what you meant.

Boem

Terrorists aren't rational. It's not like any victim of terrorist acts actually deserve to die. Only fools think that "if only that country would do this thing then it wouldn't get any terrorism". This way of thought is just victim blaming

He responded to you because the way you wrote that post made it sound like you said muslims aren't rational people. Which would be a fucked up thing to say, but it's obviously not what you meant. It was easy to misread that sentence though.

Reckheim

Regardless whether it was intentional or not, the attacker ran away from the accident.

Hopefully they catch the piece of shit.

Boem

Apparently an old college buddy posted something on facebook yesterday about going there today. No word yet but could be nothing.

dc89

Several people have died and many more have been injured as a lorry ploughed into a Christmas market in central Berlin, German media report.
Police now say they suspect it was a deliberate attack. Video footage from the scene shows stalls knocked over and people lying injured on the ground.
The market is at Breitscheidplatz close to the Kurfuerstendamm, the main shopping street in the city's west.
A reporter for the Berliner Morgenpost described a "gruesome scene".

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/810941206876291072

Patrick S.

Banned
There are Polish trucks at every highway rest area in Germany, someone could easily steal one

I'm crying

I'm shaking

My wife is at a christams market right now

I want to call her and pick her up and her phone is off. She's not in Berlin but I'm freaking out

But gaf tells me to chill the fuck out, well sorry but I can't

nampad

Just yesterday I told my gf not to worry so much after she told me she won't go on christmas markets or football games when she moves here because she is afraid of terrorists...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jesus. RIP.

Why would Germany even be targeted ? What's the beef between fundamentalist Islam (if that is what it is) and Germany ?

There are elections in Germany next year, right? Merkel's welcoming of refugees is bad PR for ISIS. They'd love an anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim candidate to win. Conventional wisdom would say that attacks will help that to happen.

Kathian

Banned
I think it's quite easy for the Police to know if it was deliberate or accidental. In an accident you'd either expect an attempt to prevent or stop what is happening - and in an attack they'd continue until something forces a stop.

Only two things might make it an accident - the driver losing consiousness or the vehicle having major malfunctions. Neither of which give reason for he driver to run and in fact would likely make them one of the injured.

If the Police already believe it was deliberate then Id believe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom