• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truck plows into market in Berlin killing 12, injuring 48. Suspect shot dead in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
As a muslim, if this guy turns out to be muslim as well, its going to be extremely embarrassing. i dont know wtf is wrong with these people. They are proving Trump right and maybe that's their goal but i am sick and tired of these fuckheads ruining it for the rest of us. Fingers crossed it's not another muslim though.

And while i am glad the GAF community is not jumping to conclusions, i think it's safe to say this a copy cat attack inspired by the Nice attack.

Edit: fuck! top page.

Dalibor68

Banned
Fingers crossed it's not another muslim though.

Do you think those killed and injured will feel better then? I mean I understand that it must be very frustrating for you even more than for many others, but I still find comments like this distasteful so soon after the attack. The primary concern right now should be the actual current victims. (and imo finally installing car-stopping barriers at areas like these)

GlamFM

Banned
As a muslim, if this guy turns out to be muslim as well, its going to be extremely embarrassing. i dont know wtf is wrong with these people. They are proving Trump right and maybe that's their goal but i am sick and tired of these fuckheads ruining it for the rest of us. Fingers crossed it's not another muslim though.

And while i am glad the GAF community is not jumping to conclusions, i think it's safe to say this a copy cat attack inspired by the Nice attack.

As a muslim you could also have been on that market like everybody else.

Don´t feel embarrassed. Your applying alt right ways of thinking onto yourself. Don´t do that or they have already won.

You have nothing in common with a muslim terrorist.

KonradLaw

The fact that there were two people in the cabin is weird - delivery drivers here drive alone. At least I haven't seen anything else happening for the past few years, and my workplace gets daily truck deliveries.
There's a dead body in the cabin. Seems likely the attacker killed the driver when hijaking the truck

NsirhC

It's a shame people just jump to conclusions and say it's a terrorist attack.

You guys that are jumping to conclusions aren't helping, you're promoting fear and lies..

R.I.P. to all those that lost their lives from this, and my prayers go out for a speedy recovery to those injured :(

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I don't think it's fair to draw conclusions or even "hope it's not" a specific identifiable group. I think Europe has proven itself to be the most tolerant continent (or second to North America) on Earth for a very, very, very, long time and most will recognise that a few bad apples doesn't actually spoil an entire group of people and it's important to separate the person (and their religion), from an entire group of human beings.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So fucking sad. Just before Christmas too, not that that matters in the grand scheme of things, but still.

RIP

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Do you think those killed and injured will feel better then? I mean I understand that it must be very frustrating for you even more than for many others, but I still find comments like this distasteful so soon after the attack. The primary concern right now should be the actual current victims. (and imo finally installing car-stopping barriers at areas like these)

you are right. i was being selfish.

Dalibor68

Banned

You guys that are jumping to conclusions aren't helping, you're promoting fear and lies..

Before accusing people, look at the circumstance that police and politicians are presuming this to be a terror attack right now and that it seems to be in the same vain as the Nice attack in terms of method. You are also jumping to conclusions assuming it was an accident. Both things are speculation right now, but one seems much more likely at this time considering those investigating it are saying it's most likely an attack.

Ac30

That is the point. Stoking extremist/nativist sentiment in the native population is a very effective way to ensure extremist political parties take over. Hence why ISIS loves this shit, the more we hate the more they succeed.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
You're saying this in 2016. Lol

I don't know how extremist the parties we're talking about in Germany are and whether are or not, but Germany knows their history. Just because it's 2016 doesn't mean German people aren't smart, they'll know what they're doing.

KonradLaw

Gemüsepizza;226873843 said:
No. Rightwing extremists won't come close to winning the next election.
Yeah. The gap is too big for AfD to close it. But the rest of western Europe. Another attack in France close to election and Le Pen could win, despite all the press saying how she has no chance in second round.

clemenx

Banned
I'm sorry but it has become insufferable following live events in GAF. Every other post is someone saying "Don't jump into conclusions" "You can't say that" "let's wait for all the info"

As right as those sentiments may be, having everyone repeating the same post has become worse than drive by posts looking to trigger someone. Even worse when those posts are directed at people only saying their honest reactions.

R.I.P. to all those that lost their lives from this, and my prayers go out for a speedy recovery to those injured :(

How do you know it's a lie? We shouldn't jump to conclusions but it's the most logical assumption based on the information that is concerned.

Axial

Just watched a live Interview on polish TV with the owner of the truck. He said the truck driver is(was?) his cousin. Last time his company had contact with him was today noon, he was supposed to offload goods in somekind of factory in a industrial zone on the outskirts of Berlin but the workers there told him to wait till tomorrow. Last thing he told his people over the phone was something along the line of "I'm in germany yet in a strange place, no one here is german, I'm surrounded by muslims". Yeah, I know how this sounds, but that's what the guy said on national TV. They fear the body in the cabin might be the polish driver.
*edit*
Keep in mind this was not confirmed yet by the German authorities!

GlamFM

Banned
I hope not but lets not act like this wont affect her if it turns to be islamic terrorism.

It´s unlikely that a terrorist attack would have us swinging further to the left (SPD), and it´s even more unlikely that any party on the far right would have enough votes or find a partner for a coalition.

Merkel 2017 is happening.

Dalibor68

Banned
You're saying this in 2016. Lol

He's saying this as someone who has basic knowledge about german politics. There is no possible way for AfD to suddenly gain so much as to become strongest party in 2017 (unless there would be something akin to a civil war or something).

SilentRob

Berlin Interior Minister also confirms there's no information yet about the motives or if it was an attack in a video interview with Tagesschau.

Bl@de

Just watched a live Interview on polish TV with the owner of the truck. He said the truck driver is(was?) his cousin. Last time his company had contact with him was today in the afternoon, he was supposed to offload goods in somekind of factory in a industrial zone on the outskirts of Berlin but the workers there told him to wait till tomorrow. Last thing he told his people over the phone was something along the line of "I'm in germany yet in a strange place, no one here is german, I'm surrounded by muslims". Yeah, I know how this sounds, but that's what the guy said on national TV. They fear the body in the cabin might be the polish driver.
*edit*
Keep in mind this was not confirmed yet by the German authorities!

That would be terrible.

AmyS

Doesn't seem like an accident. CNN front page, "crash investigated as act of terror".

OJvA64U.jpg

NsirhC

Before accusing people, look at the circumstance that police and politicians are presuming this to be a terror attack right now and that it seems to be in the same vain as the Nice attack in terms of method. You are also jumping to conclusions assuming it was an accident. Both things are speculation right now, but one seems much more likely at this time considering those investigating it are saying it's most likely an attack.

I never said once it was an accident.

I'm just saying we shouldn't jump to conclusions..

How do you know it's a lie? We shouldn't jump to conclusions but it's the most logical assumption based on the information that is concerned.

You're right in saying that it may not be a lie, that's an assumption by me and I may be wrong.

But really, we should wait for confirmation by the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom