• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

happy birthdays at a conference discussing one of the most controversial firings by trump yet.

this is a joke

Trump turned the presidency into a reality TV show. The first President in history to do so. I hope we don't repeat this shit in the future.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If I had to guess, I'd go with Cecily.

Oh my god, this is even better. It needs to happen.

Actually, Here's a better solution.

Come out as Spicer, jump behind a large Bush left onstage, come out as Huckabee. Questioned in a way that needs Spicer back out, jump back behind bush, come out as disheveled version of Spicer.

Leaked photo of the Spicer confrontation

03e02de2-0d67-4f7e-951c-da3dd18ecfda.jpg

If you are wondering about the state of the White House grounds, Trump has not nominated anyone for groundskeeper yet.

I really appreciate this reference :]

zulux21

Fuck man I am starting to feel AGAIN that this thing will be forgotten within days :(

doubt it.
I imagine it along with russia ties will be a topic as constantly brought up as constantly as repubs brought up hillary's emails in the 2016 election for the 2020 election in the absolute worst case.

The honeymoon phase is over. Trump's going to sink like a fucking stone now.

Expect bloodbaths next year in the midterms but still work as if they're not coming!

The Senate will remain red no matter what. The wrong seats are up for rebid.

The House may be in play, especially if things keep going the way they've been going.

That said, the House going barely blue while everything else stays the same isn't going to change much. The next real chance for a 'bloodbath' won't be until 2020.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dear WH Press: Please make some adjustments to your line of questioning.

Don't ask this: "Can people take at face value what the president says about personnel issues like this?"

Instead ask this: "HOW can people take at face value what the president says about personnel issues like this?"

Too many fumbles I am noticing in how some of these questions are being formed, leading to easy softball answers.

Tovarisc

Dear WH Press: Please make some adjustments to your line of questioning.

Don't ask this: "Can people take at face value what the president says about personnel issues like this?"

Instead ask this: "HOW can people take at face value what the president says about personnel issues like this?"

Too many fumbles I am noticing in how some of these questions are being formed, leading to easy softball answers.

Softballs aren't by accident, I bet reporters don't want seem aggressive in their questions.

Not supporting GOP rhetoric or anything

But what WAS the response when the shoe was on the other foot

We believed that Comey HAD to bring up the email update during the election? Or is that still something we hold against him

The republican angle is that he didnt indict

zulux21

Haha, WH lying as usual.

hey hey hey.
give them the benefit of the doubt.
it's likely that they can't count.
they seem to have lost all basic human decency so who is to say they haven't lost the ability to count?
I mean when healthcare first failed they couldn't seem to do the math to figure out that the dems didn't matter :p

thus if you lack the ability to count, it actually does become countless even when 0 :p

Not supporting GOP rhetoric or anything

But what WAS the response when the shoe was on the other foot

We believed that Comey HAD to bring up the email update during the election? Or is that still something we hold against him

The republican angle is that he didnt indict

He could have done something shitty and misguided but also still be necessary to keep in place to maintain the integrity of an investigation into the very man who fired him. The timing of this firing and the answers given are at the very least poorly executed, and the fact that the WH can't acknowledge even that just makes it worse.

Their reasoning is that Comey held that press conference last summer, I think Trump was afraid that Comey would do a press conference randomly telling of all the shady shit his campaign did involving Russia.

Nafai1123

Banned
Really wish someone would have taken her to task on that. As if investigating corruption in the Executive branch of our own government is just some silly thing.

Seriously, follow up with "Are you implying that the FBI is not taking the investigation into possible corruption in the administration seriously, or are not allocating the proper resources to the investigation?"

WH press core REALLY needs to step up their game.

"What do you think? I just grind my feet into James Comey's couch? See, I never just did things just to do them, c'mon I mean, what I'm gonna do just all of the sudden just jump up and grind my feet in somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on, I got a little more sense than that. ...Yeah, I remember grinding my feet into Comey's couch."

That's my take on this.

Actually, Here's a better solution.

Come out as Spicer, jump behind a large Bush left onstage, come out as Huckabee. Questioned in a way that needs Spicer back out, jump back behind bush, come out as disheveled version of Spicer.

I feel like she's going to come out as Spicer, but there will be two giant hedges next to the podium and she will be in a Navy uniform.

Seriously, follow up with "Are you implying that the FBI is not taking the investigation into possible corruption in the administration seriously, or are not allocating the proper resources to the investigation?"

These are softballs for a reason. The WH press will be banned from shit if they come out savagely attacking.

Media has to have pundits drop the bombs, the media talking heads will bounce the ideas around the press core waits and just does softball shit until something 100% true and juicy that fact checks comes in.

Pedrito

She'll just reply "No, next question..."

It's not like there's good faith involved with these people.

forms

It kind of makes sense, Comey wouldn't be allowed to testify unless he came as a private citizen. That changes what he can talk about now that he's no longer director.

So, private citrizens need not apply even though they have held office? If so, an interesting tactics to ensure someone keeps quiet.

Isn't he the guy that got a whooping 12% voter participation going? Yeah, no.

An election that was held in the dead of winter right after the presidential election. It's not surprising that turnout was so low. LA has had a problem with horrible turnout for a while. It's why they changed their electoral calendar completely. This past election will be the last held on such a terrible date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom