• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

20 attorneys general call for independent probe into Russia

A group of 20 attorneys general is calling for the appointment of an independent special counsel to continue the investigation into Russian interference in last year’s presidential election.

The group led by Democratic Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey called President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey during the ongoing investigation a “violation of public trust” in a letter sent Thursday to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

The group said in the letter that only the appointment of an independent special counsel “with full powers and resources,” can begin to restore public confidence.

Those signing the letter include the attorneys general of
  • California
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • The District of Columbia
  • Hawaii
  • Iowa
  • Illinois
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Virginia
  • Vermont
  • Washington
https://www.apnews.com/4748e47ad3b44477b05f2616aa549f56

Mahonay

Banned
Was Nixon's arm grafted onto trump at some point in the 2000's Kojima style?
315.jpg

It makes a whole fucking lot more sense why the GOP in general hasn't been trying to distance themselves from Trump. The whole goddamn party is in on it!

liquidtmd

Banned

A group of 20 attorneys general is calling for the appointment of an independent special counsel to continue the investigation into Russian interference in last year’s presidential election.

The group led by Democratic Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey called President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey during the ongoing investigation a “violation of public trust” in a letter sent Thursday to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

The group said in the letter that only the appointment of an independent special counsel “with full powers and resources,” can begin to restore public confidence.

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Hawaii
  • Iowa
  • Illinois
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Virginia
  • Vermont
  • Washington

Fucking lol

Trump: "Obviously these 20 AG's have been compromised and need to stand down"

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Hawaii
  • Iowa
  • Illinois
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Virginia
  • Vermont
  • Washington
<3 Healey.

Man, MA would just about be paradise if we got rid of Charlie Baker.

Deku Tree

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Hawaii
  • Iowa
  • Illinois
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Virginia
  • Vermont
  • Washington

No republicans?

mike6467

Aaaaand I'm seeing the first post on my FB from an acquaintance saying "I'm sure the Democrats were doing worse, but nobodies investigating them, blahblahblah corrupt machine #MAGA."

For those who saw my post yesterday, yes, this is the same guy who insisted that the swamp was being drained, and Trump's cabinet picks were his way of "keeping his enemies close."

Severance

Although I've certainly been critical of the government in my life, it's time like these we put our faith in the constitution. There's clearly something going on with the Trump administration, no doubt in my mind. The question I have is.. who would want to get into bed with Trump and run the FBI? Will they really be able to find someone who will attempt to squash the investigation? I just can't imagine who would put their dignity on the line when Trump is in this deep already. It would be equal to selling your soul to the devil. I want to believe no matter what love for your country and it's legacy will outweigh anything else.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Rosenstein Pressed White House to Correct the Record on Comey Firing

WASHINGTON—Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein pressed White House counsel Don McGahn to correct what he felt was an inaccurate White House depiction of the events surrounding FBI Director James Comey’s firing, according to a person familiar with the conversation.

Mr. Rosenstein left the impression that he couldn’t work in an environment where facts weren’t accurately reported, the person said. The deputy attorney general objected to statements by White House aides citing Mr. Rosenstein’s critical assessment of Mr.Comey’s job performance to justify the firing.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rosens...correct-the-record-on-comey-firing-1494523639

Vixdean

I still don't understand how the GOP hasn't turned wholesale against Trump. He's nothing but a drag on their reelection chances at this point. Is shaving a couple points off billionaire tax rates really that important? Unless they really are all in on it......

Skatterd

Although I've certainly been critical of the government in my life, it's time like these we put our faith in the constitution. There's clearly something going on with the Trump administration, no doubt in my mind. The question I have is.. who would want to get into bed with Trump and run the FBI? Will they really be able to find someone who will attempt to squash the investigation? I just can't imagine who would put their dignity on the line when Trump is in this deep already. It would be equal to selling your soul to the devil. I want to believe no matter what love for your country and it's legacy will outweigh anything else.

A lot of the country put their dignity on the line when they voted for him in the first place.

Magwik

Banned
I still don't understand how the GOP hasn't turned wholesale against Trump. He's nothing but a drag on their reelection chances at this point. Is shaving a couple points off billionaire tax rates really that important? Unless they really are all in on it......

Can't turn on someone when you also have your hand in the illegal cookie jar

WedgeX

Banned

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Hawaii
  • Iowa
  • Illinois
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Virginia
  • Vermont
  • Washington

Glad that DC got its own AG for this very moment.

liquidtmd

Banned
Legit question: How many Press Conferences like these did the White House hold in the first 110 ish days of Obama's run vs. now.

Every other day it feels we are getting one to calm shit down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom