• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to Puerto Rico: Your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina

Jackpot

Banned
TRUMP: I want to thank the Coast Guard.

They are special people. A lot of people got to see the real Coast Guard in this trouble. In Texas was incredible for what they did. Thank you very much. We appreciate it. We would like to say something on behalf of your men and women.

UNIDENTIFIED: I'm representing the Air Force.

TRUMP: I know that.

TRUMP: Amazing job. So amazing, we are ordering hundreds of millions of dollars of new airplanes for the Air Force. Especially the F-35. You like the F-35?

UNIDENTIFIED: Game-changing [inaudible]. Awesome airplane.

TRUMP: I said how does it do in fights, how do they do in fights with the F-35? They said we do really well, you can’t see it. You literally can’t see it. So it’s hard to fight a plane you can’t see.

UNIDENTIFIED: Yes, sir.

TRUMP: But that's an expensive plane you can't see. As you heard, we cut the price substantially, something that other administrations would never have done. That I can tell you.

c86.jpg

I heard this on the radio on the way to a plasma donation, I legit thought it was gonna fuck with my heart rate listening to this.

I am still absolutely LIVID

Oriel

"Here in the real US we have great hurricanes, the very best I tell you. Not like those weak ass storms hitting US territories. Sad"

iammeiam

We're all pissed off by this now, but we're going to be way more angry when he does a 180 next month and declares what happened in Puerto Rico to be devastation the likes of which many people say is some of the most disastrous worst devestation of our times, dwarfing even Katrina, and how awesome a job he did at fixing it.

He is only capable of portraying things in a way that makes him look good, so how serious the PR issue is will be directly related to how much it lets him brag about he administration response. He never stops playing Trump brand ambassador.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Let me take this opportunity to say that if you hate Trump as much as I do, listen to the podcast called Pod Save America. The hosts do not hold back and I actually love the fact that they curse. They're constantly calling Trump a fucking imbecile.

Yeah, but at a certain point even that is not mentally healthy. I can listen, rage with the podcast, rage here, but at the end of the day he is still president. At the end of the day he is going to do even more dumb shit, enact even more vile orders, blame brown people for all the troubles of the country and have a room full of supporters cheering every word. It's frustrating as fuck. Alot of the time I just unplug because there isn't anything I can do.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but at a certain point even that is not mentally healthy. I can listen, rage with the podcast, rage here, but at the end of the day he is still president. At the end of the day he is going to do even more dumb shit, enact even more vile orders, blame brown people for all the troubles of the country and have a room full of supporters cheering every word. It's frustrating as fuck. Alot of the time I just unplug because there isn't anything I can do.

The podcast isn't about shitting on Trump. It's about politics and I'm simply stating that they don't mind cursing if they feel passionate about a subject. I don't listen to the podcast for a raging boner. I listen to it to get informed but in addition to that, they make me feel better because calling Trump a fucking idiot goes a long way in making me feel like I'm not the only one that sees it.

Verelios

That is sick. I'm heaving just hearing what spewed out his mouth. How can someone say something so vile in front of survivors?

This is fucking infuriating. I don’t even know what else I could say. I’m Puerto Rican and I got extended family on both sides still living on the island. This soulless excuse for a human sees everything as winning and losing, he has no humanity. Only the most evil people could dismiss tragedy like it’s a god damn game

I don't even know what to say. My mom and most of my family is in PR, and based on the few times I've been able to communicate with them, conditions are getting worse every single day.

This man is just so fucking vile and rotten to the core. It's tough to stay positive in my daily life in times like this.

This is fucking infuriating. I don’t even know what else I could say. I’m Puerto Rican and I got extended family on both sides still living on the island. This soulless excuse for a human sees everything as winning and losing, he has no humanity. Only the most evil people could dismiss tragedy like it’s a god damn game

So it's safe to say he's not doing a tremendous job?

McLovin

I bet some serious news is about to drop. Maybe its a diversion technique to get everyone talking about this instead of Russia.

legacyzero

Banned
You know hes going to be re-elected right?.... 😢
Based on what exactly?

This is the most unpopular president with the lowest approval rating numbers, and most unproductive so far. And it keeps getting worse. The country would take a diet Republican at this point if it meant we were a little more stable. He'll be one term. Save this post

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I should stop reading these horrensous Trump topics but i can't. What the fuck kind of evil dumb people are behind this man? They must really want the world to end.

Well you see, Puerto Ricans have approximately the same skin color as the people Trump is trying to deport and build a wall against, so he's very angry that he has to spend money helping them, and his base is too.

cyba89

Holy shit!

So he travelled all the way there just to spit the survivors in the face again? Couldn't he have done that over Twitter?

Zolo

Well you see, Puerto Ricans have approximately the same skin color as the people Trump is trying to deport and build a wall against, so he's very angry that he has to spend money helping them, and his base is too.

Yeah. You don't see him complaining about spending money to help Texas and Florida.

Azuran

Banned
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this man? Have a little compassion for the people affected you lunatic.

Fuck me, he doesn't even have to mean it if he doesn't feel anything for people dying. This motherfucker loves to fake shit so it shouldn't be hard for him to do it.

I bet some serious news is about to drop. Maybe its a diversion technique to get everyone talking about this instead of Russia.
We should stop pretending that his comments like this are clever diversion tactics and are just the kind of fucked up stuff he believes and how he views the world and people.

The former gives him too much credit. It’s almost been a year since election. We have enough evidence to just drop pretense and accept that there’s no tactical veneer, no two prong diversion strategies here. He’s just that monstrous

It feels better to believe that a person couldn’t be this blatantly offensively twisted, that there has to be some greater strategy behind such words, but time and time again, Trump has proven that he really is that petty, that narcissistic, that racist and hateful.

Yeah. So he and his base are just pure evil?
Because it seems like they are trying real hard to fuck everything up. It's so frustrating to see a potentially incredible country go down the drain.

Despicable.
I haven't posted much lately because my thoughts are usually articulated faster and more eloquently by many other posters, but yeah. Appalling the way he's been addressing this.

eerik9000

I'm not an American and don't really want to get involved with the internal politics of the USA, but it's just saddening to see how much a president can hate its people.

MaulerX

Wait, so his measurement of catastrophe is how many people died? If anything he should praise its people for its resiliency to survive in the midst of a catastrophe.

VariantX

It's just sad. Did he even bother to at least tour the areas outside of the major cities to even get a glimpse of what was going out outside of the city? It's like he cant even be bothered to even to pretend to act like he gives a shit. When the numbers of dead or missing and presumed dead will be tallied, the numbers will be "fake". Count on it.

These are the times that really define a president and he just keeps failing the tests and the trials, again and again and again.

No, he's just an old deplorable fuck who lacks empathy and self-awareness, and values money more than the lives of his fellow citizens (especially the brown ones).

Wait, so his measurement of catastrophe is how many people died? If anything he should praise its people for its resiliency to survive in the midst of a catastrophe.

i think thats whats (part of) so infuriating.

this was a fucking LAYUP.

Instead of shooting the ball with no one covering him he threw it into the stands and called the ref dumb

Top Bottom