• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to Puerto Rico: Your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina

Zasa

This is so fucked up, wtf. I can't believe this asshole actually had the nerve to play down a fucking catastrophe. A new low every week.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Everybody Sane to Trump: You are the disaster.

Utter idiot.

Zolo

Wait, so his measurement of catastrophe is how many people died? If anything he should praise its people for its resiliency to survive in the midst of a catastrophe.

This is actually a good indicator for how bad a tragedy is. The problem is that a lot of the survivors are still suffering with many people who have died still unaccounted for.

It's just sad. Did he even bother to at least tour the areas outside of the major cities to even get a glimpse of what was going out outside of the city? It's like he cant even be bothered to even to pretend to act like he gives a shit. When the numbers of dead or missing and presumed dead will be tallied, the numbers will be "fake". Count on it.
It's best he only lands where the security protocols don't get in the way of ongoing relief efforts.

FStubbs

Will there ever be an official death count? I'm sure you can find 10 times as many pictures of bodies on instagram alone in the aftermath of Maria.

And "not a serious tragedy like Katrina?" Wow.
Though it's not like the GOP took Katrina seriously either.

Every time, every single time, every fucking solitary time this ratfuck opens his mouth....

I don't know how people can deal with him on a regular basis, unless they're as disgusting and rotten as he.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I honestly don't know how you guys deal with it anymore. If I were American I think I would have had a nervous breakdown months ago knowing this guy and administration were in charge.

FStubbs

We should stop pretending that his comments like this are clever diversion tactics and are just the kind of fucked up stuff he believes and how he views the world and people.

The former gives him too much credit. It’s almost been a year since election. We have enough evidence to just drop pretense and accept that there’s no tactical veneer, no two prong diversion strategies here. He’s just that monstrous

It feels better to believe that a person couldn’t be this blatantly offensively twisted, that there has to be some greater strategy behind such words, but time and time again, Trump has proven that he really is that petty, that narcissistic, that racist and hateful.

And we have enough evidence to say that a good number of Americans, no less than 30% and perhaps approaching 50%, are just as evil and twisted since they support him.

Was Donald Trump even at New Orleans after Katrina or is he just speculating?
Why would he be at Katrina ; Obama was President back then /S

Really though is Donald Trump even human something major is wrong with him;No human should have the responses he does in these type of situations, Its scary man.

"16 certified," Trump said, and then told all leaders assembled that they should all be "very proud."
"very proud."
S5lm9B2.gif

Shadybiz

I bet some serious news is about to drop. Maybe its a diversion technique to get everyone talking about this instead of Russia.

Eh this narrative needs to go away. Seriously...he's just a fucking tone deaf idiot who has no empathy. There is no distraction...he doesn't think 5 moves ahead. He's never played a game of chess in his life; I'll guarantee it.

There is no way he wins a second term right?....right?

It's possible. He has terrible numbers but if not enough people come out to vote the fucker out in certain states he can win. In a just world he'd get fucking trounced like Mondale or McGovern did but this world fuckin sucks so...

Jeels

He's said bad shit with a disregard for humanity before. He still became president. The people are just as sick as this man. The party is just as sick.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I honestly don't know how you guys deal with it anymore. If I were American I think I would have had a nervous breakdown months ago knowing this guy and administration were in charge.

You have to step away and deal with your day-to-day as much as possible. Thinking about this a-hole everyday will drive you insane. He is a piece of crap, we know he is a piece of crap his supporters love him for it. Just have to make sure I am fine.

Zolo

Why would he be at Katrina ; Obama was President back then /S

Really though is Donald Trump even human something major is wrong with him;No human should have the responses he does in these type of situations, Its scary man.

Look at it like this. The majority are only going to be so empathetic in the first place because they're still going to enjoy their day even with what's going on. The problem with Trump is he still acts like a private citizen. As president, he should help encourage and make sure the people of Puerto Rico knows the US will be there for them. Instead, Trump still acts as unsympathetic as he would as a private citizen, and is obviously more concerned and gets more upset with how the media portrays things than the actual disaster that happened.

RDreamer

This is all so amazingly bad:

@h_alexander
Trump visiting hurricane victims in #PuertoRico - asks them about living thru the storm. "Have a good time. Great to see you."

It's like someone completely fucked up the empathy programming on a robot.

Afrodium

Banned
I'm actually glad he said this stuff. People aren't mad enough and aren't paying enough attention to PR. At this point it's beneficial for Trump to continuously make an ass out of himself so that PR States in the news cycle (not as beneficial as him acting like a President, of course, but that ain't happening).

Nothing Trump does or says surprises me.
What will still continue to surprise me is how millions of people will bend over backwards to explain this away, or nod along as if it's a reasonable, normal thing to say.

Jmille99

There is no way he wins a second term right?....right?

I would like to think the people who didnt show up or wasted their vote on a third party realized their mistake and do something about it next time.

Because for fucks sake...I dont want this to go longer than necessary. Ive never been more disgusted and embarrassed for this country than I have since he was elected.

Zolo

What will still continue to surprise me is how millions of people will bend over backwards to explain this away, or nod along as if it's a reasonable, normal thing to say.

I imagine most don't actually follow news much anymore and just ignore this or toss it up as Dems overreacting.

The new norm in America. It's infuriating that the people in power are fine with this shit, as long as they keep their political power.

Meanwhile, 30% of this country with agree with anything Trump says just because he's the one who said it.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Everybody who voted for him or didnt vote should be embarrassed

His asshole behavior is a large reason why many voted for him.

Some of them don't want to admit they voted for an asshole despite being an asshole during his entire campaign run. The voted him for the other things like

RDreamer

Anyone who lost to him should be even more embarrassed. Dude is elementary school level educated.

Not really.

Look, if you tell someone explicitly what will happen if they stick a fork in an outlet, put up warning signs around the outlet and leading to the outlet not to do it, and experts from all around come out to say that they shouldn't do it (along with outlining what will happen if someone does it) and they still do... well, that's on them.

Top Bottom