• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's Israeli ambassador pick accused Jews of being worse than Nazi collaborators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackpot

Banned
Because of course he did.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-kapo-nazi-concentration-camps-a7478651.html

Donald Trump's Israel ambassador said Jews who back two-state solution are worse than Nazi collaborators

David Friedman also wants to move embassy to Jerusalem and has accused Barack Obama of anti-semitism

Donald Trump's pick as ambassador to Israel has described Jewish Americans who advocate a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as "far worse" than those who policed their fellow Jews in Nazi concentration camps.

Bankruptcy lawyer David Freidman made the comments in a column in which he also accused President Barack Obama of "blatant anti-semitism" for allegedly failing to condemn what he said were stabbing murders of Jews by Islamic radicals.

Mr Trump's team named Mr Friedman as ambassador on Thursday evening. In a statement the President-elect said he was "long-time friend and trusted advisor" who would be "be a tremendous asset to our country".

He wrote: "Are J Street supporters really as bad as kapos? The answer, actually, is no.

"They are far worse than kapos – Jews who turned in their fellow Jews in the Nazi death camps.

"The kapos faced extraordinary cruelty and who knows what any of us would have done under those circumstances to save a loved one?

"But J Street? They are just smug advocates of Israel’s destruction delivered from the comfort of their secure American sofas – it’s hard to imagine anyone worse."

SKINNER!

Banned
Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem.

Appointing this guy as ambassador to Israel.

RIP Two-State solution.

A bankruptcy lawyer and long term friend of Trump. Seems like tremendous qualifications :/

Gotta loooove how favouritism works. You scratch my back I scratch yours.

Oh sweet Christ. I totally thought it was going to be a 'Jews are doing the same thing to Palestinians as Nazis did to Jews!' type deal but he flipped my expectations on accusing Jews of being like/worse than Nazis.

Fucking dickhead.

LQX

Donald Trump's Israel ambassador said Jews who back two-state solution are worse than Nazi collaborators

Context is everything no? It's crazy but if anything this will make him be seen as very strong candidate in the eyes of those running Israel. Netanyahu sure as shit does not want a two-sate solution and with this guy also balking at the idea they can continue to say fuck it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What the fuck. At this point I'm just gonna laugh at the crazy outrageous shit that this man does. I'm not a fan of Israel by any means, but this is just insulting on every level

Horns

Not surprising given his cabinet picks. I expect Trump will pick even more extreme ambassadors to foreign countries he doesn't like. Maybe Joe Arpaio as the ambassador to Mexico?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Israel hardliners will love him.

Also title is misleading.. what he said is bad, but the title implies all Jews which is incorrect and extra inflammatory.

Saying that people who disagree with you are worse than Nazi collaborators is cool now? Good to know.

Bibi's been running on this propaganda for a while now, so it makes no difference to these types of people. And lol at people who thought a Republican would give a shit about Palestinians. Also lol at the most hardcore part of his base for thinking a Republican would actually hate Jews and Israel; this should turn them against him, but it doesn't mean much since outright white nationalists and supremacists were a minority of his base anyways.

RangerX

Banned
Oh sweet Christ. I totally thought it was going to be a 'Jews are doing the same thing to Palestinians as Nazis did to Jews!' type deal but he flipped my expectations on accusing Jews of being like/worse than Nazis.

Fucking dickhead.

Yep this is exactly what I was thinking. As if we needed anymore fuel to that cunt Netenyahu's fire.

OSHAN

Netanyahu is going to lose here. He could use Obama as a way of keeping the hardliners there in yet. Basically, blaming Obama.

Someone try to tell me Trump isn't just going through one of his old VIP lists from a previously held party and putting them in the White House.

How is any of this mindless cronyism legal? Trump is literally rewarding his friends and business partners for being exactly that.

RIP two state solution. You never had a chance anyway.

it's been a joke for decades now, considering how much land Israeli settler extremists have conquered. Palestinians only have little patches of land here and there, broken up by checkpoints and settlements, it's impossible for them to have a state anymore, unless all the settlers pack up and leave, which is also a joke because it will never happen. they don't even respect Israeli courts or officials or anyone really.

this didn't happen by accident of course.

It will be a sad day if the US moves it embassy to Jerusalem, tremendous sacrifices were made to keep the two state solution alive and the door slamming shut on the Palestinians in such an emphatic, unilateral manner spells nothing but trouble.

If Trump inadvertently helps enable American Jews and the Democratic Party to have an honest discourse about the Israel-Palestinian conflict that doesn't hinge on self-delusion about the viability of a two-state solution or Israel's level of good faith commitment to any kind of peace process, I honestly see that as one of the few silver linings of his presidency.

Basically, I think the next few years will be very good for those on the right like ZOA who openly favor Israel becoming a non-democratic racist ethno-nationalist state, and those on the left like JVP who don't believe it absolutely must maintain a Jewish demographic and political majority at all costs. But liberal Zionists like the J Street folks are going to have an increasingly hard time justifying their worldview.

Granted, this has been the trend in the discourse for a while now, but Trump will likely advance that faster than Clinton would have by not even pretending to offer a check on the Israeli right.

Just in case they don't move the embassy to Jerusalem:

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/04...doesnt-move-its-israeli-embassy-to-jerusalem/

Because history suggests he might change his mind, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, and Nevada Sen. Dean Heller introduced the new legislation, which would include real — and dangerous — consequences for U.S. diplomatic staff if Trump refuses to quickly relocate the embassy. The bill would immediately cut in half funding for embassy security, construction, and maintenance until the relocation occurs. In fiscal years 2018 and 2019, it would cut off all security, construction, and maintenance funding worldwide except for the embassy in Tel Aviv until it is relocated.

Putting Americans in danger overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom