• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turkish Referendum |OT| ...With a Thunderous Applause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatoth

Are there numbers of how many people were put in prison since the failed coup and are still there? They would not be allowed to vote in prison, right?

Brb I am moving to İzmir.

izmirqjrry.jpg
No surprise there.

My ex is from Izmir. They are a beautiful open minded Europhile people. But still very Turkish Nationalistic and proud of heritage. Everything that Atatürk wanted Turkey to be.

cameron

The Turkish election committee has decided to allow ballots without the official seal.

AP: "The Latest: Ballots without official seals to be counted"
Turkey's Supreme Election Board has announced that ballot papers that don't bear the board's official seal will be deemed valid and counted.
Turkey's main opposition party has criticized the decision of the country's elections board to accept as valid ballot papers that don't have its official stamp.

Republican People's Party deputy chairman Bulent Tezcan told reporters Sunday that the decision leaves the results of the constitutional referendum "faced with a serious legitimacy problem."

Turkey's Supreme Election Board announced the unprecedented move after many voters casting their votes in the country's historic referendum complained that they were given ballot papers without the official stamp. The board says the ballot papers would be considered as invalid only if proven that they were cast fraudulently.

In previous votes, ballot papers without the official seal were declared to invalid.

Tezcan said: "The Supreme Electoral Board has changed the rules of the vote....This amounts to the SEB allowing fraud in this vote."

That's certainly some fuckery.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Yes is loosing footing in the counting this will be very close

But the majority of the votes from abroad are yet to be counted and they tend to be more on the Yes side.

It's over.
Well, at least my home town voted no...

Mimosa97

God dammnit. What's with stupid people and their love for dictatorships ?

What's with democracies lately doing everything they can to destroy themselves from within ?

Yudoken

After Brexit and Drumpf I'm not really anticipating anything good out of this. =/

Populism combined with lies, false facts and no real consequences are really powerful to get people to vote for your cause.

It would be a miracle if the majority voted no at this point.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
52.1 Yes with 9% of the vote remaining, so the remaining vote needs to be 72 for No. Seems very unlikely. Yes has this.

Diancecht

the question here is, are the votes still to count enough to tie this or even turn the voting around?

This surely isn't the landslide erdogan was expecting

Yes, but it's going to so close if it even happens.

Edit: 51.9. It's a steady decline because of the western cities.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I lost hope way too early.

I really wouldn't get your hopes up. Given how much of the vote is already in, the remaining areas would need to all be landslides bigger than Izmir for this not to be Yes.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I really wouldn't get your hopes up. Given how much of the vote is already in, the remaining areas would need to all be landslides bigger than Izmir for this not to be Yes.

True, but at least it's a close call. Not that that's going to matter much in the end

1) Alienate the kurds
2) Jail HDP
3) Empower the MHP
4) Unite with the nationalists
5) Send in the Islamists to campaign in every corner of every village
6) Install fear and uncertainty amongst people
7) Shutdown opposition media and voice
8) Leverage the failed coup
9) Control the narrative on social media and TV
10) Win, barely.

Islamists won.

My Turkish friends are literally crying right now and I'm doing all I can to console them. Fuck.

The only reason I'm not breaking down crying right now is because my parents are hardworking enough people that I'll be able to afford university in Europe or the US.

Otherwise, Erdogan ruling until 2029 means that I'd live my whole life under his rule until I was 30 years old... I'd rather die.

The only reason I'm not breaking down crying right now is because my parents are hardworking enough people that I'll be able to afford university in Europe or the US.

Otherwise, Erdogan ruling until 2029 means that I'd live my whole life under his rule until I was 30 years old... I'd rather die.

My heart is with you. The last time my friend and her sister were in Turkey their mother told them "Do not come back"

Is there a 10 year limit in this new system?

ntinosaur

I have to say, despite the predictions these past days, i expect Yes to win by at least 60%-70%. Maybe recent elections/referandums made me lose all hope.. I mean Yes still won, but almost half Turkish voters voted No.

As a Greek, i'm a little nervous about what Erdogan gaining more power could entail. He's been extremely provocative lately in the Mediteranean...

Have patience, always keep your eyes and ears open ,stand your ground and stay safe fellow neighbors !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom