• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turkish Referendum |OT| ...With a Thunderous Applause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

I'm amazed that no got this many votes when Erdogan (can we call him orospu cocugu or is that too much? I've heard from co-workers that it's the words thing you can say to a turk) controls the media.

skny

All the cencorship , millions of dollars worth campaigns, suspicious voting process and even gaining the trust of an opposition part he can ony barely win. Erdogan must feel bad.

Ac30

According to hugh council with 70 percent of the votes counted, it's 52-48 for NO.

Wow, where is this being reported? I can hardly believe no is winning.

I'm amazed that no got this many votes when Erdogan (can we call him orospu cocugu or is that too much? I've heard from co-workers that it's the words thing you can say to a turk) controls the media.

What's Orospu cocugyu mean?

Wow, where is this being reported?

What's Orospu cocugyu mean?
Orospu Çocuğu quite literally means son of a bitch

AA is still counting the final .05% of votes, even though it was FAR faster before. They're probably switching up votes like crazy.

akira28

Why do most dictator sham elections end up with 51%? lmao

work just hard enough to win. especially if you're stealing it.

edit: how do you say 'idiot son who fucks his own mother' in Turkic? that's got to be worse than Orospu çocuğu , and I might like to tweet it at Erdogan.

Ac30

skny

There is some shady stuff going around. Both chp and mhp says in fact only %70 of votes have been counted and that no is leading.

work just hard enough to win. especially if you're stealing it.

edit: how do you say 'idiot son who fucks his own mother' in Turkic? that's got to be worse than Orospu çocuğu , and I might like to tweet it at Erdogan.

Don't think Erdocuck himself has his own Twitter a la the furry orange, and it could get you in trouble for all I know, but the phrase could be translated as (with a 'you' at the beginning) "seni kendi anasını siken gerizekalı evlat".

vaderise

All the cencorship , millions of dollars worth campaigns, suspicious voting process and even gaining the trust of an opposition part he can ony barely win. Erdogan must feel bad.
Did he though? Some shady stuff went on. All the cities with the biggest populution had anti-RTE votes and that's a huge sign of public's view considering Ankara and İstanbul were AKP territory in previous votings. The thing is mjority of votes come from rural areas and all the rumours of voting fraud are supposedly taking place in these areas. There has to be something to do against all this. There has to be man, fuck this.

lol what? even if Yes wins, why the fuck would anyone congratulate him?? These are not elections where people voted Erdogan personally.

Of fucking course they did. Everything else is a pretense. All elections are Erdoğan's lackeys and the people against him and his dogs.

vaderise

You guys can't even imagine the feelings going through the most of Turkish people. Seeing what your country has become, seeing things coming to this point. It's heartbreaking more than anything.

EmSeta

You guys can't even imagine the feelings going through the most of Turkish people. Seeing what your country has become, seeing things coming to this point. It's heartbreaking more than anything.

It's horrible. And it shows that the far right nationalist movement isn't limited to the west.

I fucking wish I could simply fail at imagining.

Edit: Do you think this was done so that the election would end up getting repeated?

Tyaren

It's baffling that it's the Turks living outside Turkey, in Western countries, that seem to be most in love with Erdogan and whatever backwards changes he plans for Turkey.
I doubt though that all these Turks will leave the comfort of their Western homes to move back to the Turkey that they helped to bring about...

vaderise

I fucking wish I could simply fail at imagining.

Edit: Do you think this was done so that the election would end up getting repeated?
This whole presidency Referendum was main target of Erdogan. His final act for his seek of power. Every single thing he did in last 5+ years has les to this. And millions in Turkey played to his game.

Markoman

I think that external votes should be prohibited by the UN. Makes no sense and is illogical and unfair on so many levels. The whole idea of citizenship needs to be updated.
You live and work in a country for x amount of years - good, you are a citizen of that country and earn your right to vote. The country you left behind - no right to vote.

Ac30

I think that external votes should be prohibited by the UN. Makes no sense and is illogical and unfair on so many levels. The whole idea of citizenship needs to be updated.
You live and work in a country for x amount of years - good, you are a citizen of that country and earn your right to vote. The country you left behind - no right to vote.

I've never lived in Belgium but was born there, speak the language and care about its future - why should I not be able to vote there?

samn

I've never lived in Belgium but was born there, speak the language and care about its future - why should I not be able to vote there?

I wasn't born in the USA but speak the language and care about its future. Where's my vote

Well you are essentially voting for how other people should live their lives, not for yourself. Your vote has no consequence for you personally.

Ac30

Well you are essentially voting for how other people should live their lives, not for yourself. Your vote has no consequence for you personally.

It does, because I go home yearly and intend to settle back there one day, and my entire immediate family lives there.

I do agree that residents of foreign nations who do not possess the nationality should be given basic voting rights, like for city councils.

jelly

On the bright side at least there is a huge population in Turkey who have their heads screwed on correctly. Maybe you can turn it around one day.

Xando

Errr, okay

He's right tho. If you don't live there why should you be allowed to decide on it's system

It does, because I go home yearly and intend to settle back there one day, and my entire immediate family lives there.

I go to london a few times per year, sometimes even live there for a few weeks. Should i be able to decide the future of british people?

Ac30

He's right tho. If you don't live there why should you be allowed to decide on it's system

I go to london a few times per year, sometimes even live there for a few weeks. Should i be able to decide the future of british people?

Are you British?

And really, are we arguing for the disenfranchisement of people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom