• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows You've Watched Lately |OT| - 2021

I skipped the whole season, but i watched the Series Finale of Curb Your Enthusiam. Damn, have the cast aged. But, it was a funny episode and I laughed out loud a few times. Good ending, far better than Seinfeld.

bitbydeath

I finally got around to watching The Wire.
Great show, as everyone says. Although they do leave out the drop in quality/boredom that is season two when claiming it as the best show ever. Thankfully it picks up again in season three.

I’d still recommend it overall, great cast, and well written for the most part.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I've been watching a lot of dramas lately so it's just good to laugh like an idiot rewatching "Eastbound & Down".

Forgot how funny it was 😆

3z4W3xt.gif

★★★★☆ / The first thing Bethesda dropped that worked on launch

T8SC

Fallout.

Admittedly, never played the games, even though I own some of them. Good so far, a refreshing change from both the traditional video game adaptation and also most TV series these days that are rushed out.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
My Adventures with Superman

Super gen z. Tonal and pacing issues, but nothing egregious thus far considering it's a happy take on Superman. If I was a writer I'd make Superman a bit more formidable, but I guess they want to grow him as a character over several years.

Anyways, great animation. Some really vivid fight scenes.

A 4/5 when it comes to the characters bouncing off one another. 2.5/5 when it comes to a Superman punching things show.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
My Adventures with Superman

Super gen z. Tonal and pacing issues, but nothing egregious thus far considering it's a happy take on Superman. If I was a writer I'd make Superman a bit more formidable, but I guess they want to grow him as a character over several years.

Anyways, great animation. Some really vivid fight scenes.

A 4/5 when it comes to the characters bouncing off one another. 2.5/5 when it comes to a Superman punching things show.

The only thing that has me interested in that cartoon is Tomboy Lois Lane 👀 👀

Clark Kent Superman GIF by Adult Swim

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I LOVE My Adventures With Superman! It's a great toon and shows him young and learning on the job! He screws up sometimes but he has a good support system who are learning as they go along with him.

I just watched the whole season of Supacell on Netflix... I thought it was great! Yes it doesn't have them all get together earlier in the season (it's only 6 episodes) but it felt the most like Heroes season 1 of any other super show! Regular folks trying to understand their powers and find out they have a big bad to stop. I'll just say this: look at the title of the show and something comes up in the first episode that hints at the connection in THEIR world.

Also, one of the last lead characters (Sabrina) is fine and beautiful AF!

Uo9Vw2E.jpeg

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I'm on season 4 on Young Sheldon. I love got to admit, I really like it..I particularly like meemaw and Dr sturgess. (Princess Bride Legend). It's mint. Gonna start big bang when I'm done.

BadBurger

I LOVE My Adventures With Superman! It's a great toon and shows him young and learning on the job! He screws up sometimes but he has a good support system who are learning as they go along with him.

I really enjoy how they do the whole "it's obviously Clark" routine thing before just dropping it.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Stumbled on a hospital drama I never heard of on Paramount + "Code black".

I just watched the Pilot and no one has had sex how crazy is that? 😄

A hospital show about actual hospital stuff, this might be good.

BadBurger

True Detective season 4: Night Country (Max)

Binged this one in a few days.

I liked the setting, the overarching story, the smooth cinematography, soundtrack, and dreamy score. The writing was mostly a modern take on proper dime novel pulp like the first and third seasons with a caveat I'll touch on later.

The acting was good across the board. I was impressed with Kali Reis who I only knew as a professional boxer prior to this. I appreciated the light callbacks to the disconnected lore that extends throughout the series. It reminded me of how authors of the past and present may reference Lovecraftian lore without explictly tethering their works to his world.

The caveat: I think that the writers(s) danced with the possibility of the supernatural being at play too hard for the series. I preferred the subdued approaches that were employed during the first and third seasons - the maybe it's real, maybe it isn't angle. Things are returned to the previous paradigm during the final act of the series finale, but I could see the first three episodes turning off fans of the more grounded previous seasons.

Beef (Netflix)

One episode in. Really well shot, solid humor. Steven Yuen doesn't miss - he must either know exactly what roles works for him, has one of the best agents in Hollywood, or both. Added to the watchlist.

BadBurger

I'm watching this old 90's (?) The Legend of Zelda cartoon on Freevie and right off the bat Link is a rad dude creep lord. This is hilarious.

near

Gold Member
True Detective season 4: Night Country (Max)

Binged this one in a few days.

I liked the setting, the overarching story, the smooth cinematography, soundtrack, and dreamy score. The writing was mostly a modern take on proper dime novel pulp like the first and third seasons with a caveat I'll touch on later.

The acting was good across the board. I was impressed with Kali Reis who I only knew as a professional boxer prior to this. I appreciated the light callbacks to the disconnected lore that extends throughout the series. It reminded me of how authors of the past and present may reference Lovecraftian lore without explictly tethering their works to his world.

The caveat: I think that the writers(s) danced with the possibility of the supernatural being at play too hard for the series. I preferred the subdued approaches that were employed during the first and third seasons - the maybe it's real, maybe it isn't angle. Things are returned to the previous paradigm during the final act of the series finale, but I could see the first three episodes turning off fans of the more grounded previous seasons.

Beef (Netflix)

One episode in. Really well shot, solid humor. Steven Yuen doesn't miss - he must either know exactly what roles works for him, has one of the best agents in Hollywood, or both. Added to the watchlist.
I thought Beef was quite hilarious, one of the better Netflix original comedies. I finished Tires on there the other day, I'd recommend that too.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The Night Agent (Netflix)

The lead looks like Joey Lawrence or like he's related somehow...

It's a really good show. Good action, good story (IMO) and a good whodunit... Good resolution too!

BadBurger

Just watched the season 2 finale of My Adventures with Superman

For a show that often placed Superman in the backseat to instead tell stories about Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Kara Zor-El, and Clark Kent, this episode was all about how Superman improved those around him. Jack Quaid portrays such a good Superman and Clark Kent.

Last edited:

Valonquar

We started watching Moonlighting (1985). It's help up fairly well and clearly had a fairly high budget. I barely remember this show other than that it was HUGE when it was on air back in the day...I was like 12 at the time lol. Cybil Shepard & Bruce Willis supposedly hated each other through most of the filming over 5 seasons. You can kind of see it in their chemistry, but it just works for this show very well.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Friends…

Is 24 on any streaming platforms? Don’t mean to buy outright but is part of any subscription service?

Am UK based don’t really wanna mess with any VPN if I don’t have to. Thanks.

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZXJpZXMvNWZhYmJjNmEtMjUzMS00OGM4LWE2ODctMzg3YjA0NWZiZDZmLmpwZw==

Supacell on Netflix

Fun show, I really liked it. Very fast paced with only 6 episodes. The plot itself is interesting and reminded me of shows such as Misfits. The character development was really good, I liked all of the main characters and the way they get brought together by the powers. It was cool.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Just watched the season 2 finale of My Adventures with Superman

For a show that often placed Superman in the backseat to instead tell stories about Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Kara Zor-El, and Clark Kent, this episode was all about how Superman improved those around him. Jack Quaid portrays such a good Superman and Clark Kent.

That show is WAY better than people even know!

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZXJpZXMvNWZhYmJjNmEtMjUzMS00OGM4LWE2ODctMzg3YjA0NWZiZDZmLmpwZw==

Supacell on Netflix

Fun show, I really liked it. Very fast paced with only 6 episodes. The plot itself is interesting and reminded me of shows such as Misfits. The character development was really good, I liked all of the main characters and the way they get brought together by the powers. It was cool.

Yes! It reminded me of season 1 of Heroes. And the mystery behind who is the bad guy was really well handled! I hope it gets a season 2. The plot, pacing, story and action were really well done on a small budget!

Black List.

Enjoying it so far. The main actress is such a cutie.
Uh... wife read some spoilers and then procceeded to tell me what happens later on. What a shitshow ffs.

So you have this hugely important criminous called Reddington. There's a whole story behind him and how he is related to the detective he calls in to give cases and so on (the cute girl I talked about). We spend the whole show thinking Red is her father only to find out by the last season or so that he is actually her... uh... mother who went through transition to become Red. It simply doesn't make sense AT ALL within the story that is told.

I can't believe some of the shit these showrunners go on about.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt did Fringe get and ending or was it cancelled?

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Uh... wife read some spoilers and then procceeded to tell me what happens later on. What a shitshow ffs.

So you have this hugely important criminous called Reddington. There's a whole story behind him and how he is related to the detective he calls in to give cases and so on (the cute girl I talked about). We spend the whole show thinking Red is her father only to find out by the last season or so that he is actually her... uh... mother who went through transition to become Red. It simply doesn't make sense AT ALL within the story that is told.

I can't believe some of the shit these showrunners go on about.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt did Fringe get and ending or was it cancelled?

It did get to end properly from what I remember

Gp1

Rewatching on prime because i really can't find anything interesting to see right now besides HOTD.
It definitely hit different after the entire covid pandemic.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Finished boardwalk empire like a week ago
felt kinda messy the ending but I did like seeing Luciano and lansky come out on top and start the commission for some reason. Felt bad that Gillian couldn’t get out the crazy house

Started the shield and saw a couple episodes so far Vic is kinda funny looking with his outfits makes me giggle

Also midway through the ultimate fighter season with grasso/shevchenko the fight with the Lithuania and Tajikistan guys was :messenger_fire:

Last edited:

BadBurger

That show is WAY better than people even know!

Yes! It reminded me of season 1 of Heroes. And the mystery behind who is the bad guy was really well handled! I hope it gets a season 2. The plot, pacing, story and action were really well done on a small budget!

Checking this out now.

I have to admit, the opening is quite brutal. But I've seen worst.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Checking this out now.

I have to admit, the opening is quite brutal. But I've seen worst.

Let me know what you think of it when you're done! All the main character women are beautiful! I'll keep my trap shut. Don't want to give anything away.

Watched A Good Girl's Guide to Murder yesterday. Surprisingly, it's good. It's about young adults but not all of them are retards like in American shows. Probably because it's not American, lol.

clarky

Gold Member
It did get to end properly from what I remember
They did a final season, however it was a bit disconnected and disappointing compared to the rest of show.

At least they tried to end things though.

Fantastic show though, cant believe it wasn't more popular.

I'm just about to finish Presumed Innocent on streaming, its been excellent. Highly recommend.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Presumed Innocent (Apple TV+)

First episode down. I am hoping there's more courtroom drama down the road, but I am enjoying the murder mystery and legal thriller elements so far. Gyllenhaal puts on a great and layered performance while refraining from ever chewing the scenery as he occasionally is wont to do.

Top Bottom