• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the Larry Sanders Show over the weekend. Why did I wait so long to watch it? It definitely deserves a spot among the best comedy shows ever made, and anyone who enjoys shows like 30 Rock or Curb Your Enthusiasm owes it to themselves to check it out. The influence is clearly there. The writing is consistently funny throughout all six seasons, and there are some genuine dramatic moments thanks to the great cast (particularly Jeff Tambor and Rip Torn). It's on Netflix, at least in the US, watch it asap.

yeah larry sanders is great

im on season 3

definitely give friday night lights a chance snuggler

Ok, so I've been watching Vampire Diaries lately and.... it's actually good!? Holy shit, looked like a rubbish twilight show when I caught glimpses of it changing channels before but now I'm stuck.

sruckus

I'm proud to say I absolutely hated Twilight (well...almost heh) but like VD so im pretty sure that speaks well for the differences.

Teen Wolf is keeping me sane during the off time while I wait for it to be on again.

TripOpt55

I'm currently watch The Vampire Diaries third season. I started watching it on Netflix in January and really fell in love with it and am watching Season 3 in repeats during the summer. It's become one of my favorite shows.

Gave up on PC gaming a while back and decided to watch some old shows I had missed.

1.) Lost: The first 4 seasons were epic!! Brilliant acting, unique story, great cast of characters, lots of mystery! But then everything goes to shit...last two seasons were awful.

2.) Battlestar Gallactica: The only reason why I started watching is because people said it was a lot better than Star Trek Voyager and they were right! Amazing first 3 seasons, I love Adama, great set of characters, nice story arc, amazing music! Last season was terrible.

3.) X-Files: Watching now...I tried watching this show when it first aired during the mid 90's but I didn't understand english back then, so I had to stop (but I still liked it even though I understood little). Season 1 was great, some great episodes that had me hooked. I love the chemistry between Scully and Mulder. Pretty much all the characters are cool and most of the subject mater is interesting as well. I am season 2 atm, just saw a bad episode (where a police officer dreams about a dead FBI agent's grave), the guy who plays John Lock in Lost was in this episode, it was nice to see him haha totally unexpected!

had to type in hurry!

AAequal

Banned
Returned to Miami Vice (S4). I really loved the first two seasons and they are among best television from the 80s! Boy, does the show take a big dip in quality right from the start of S3. Well, at least they still had some good episodes here and there but S4 has been downright unwatchable! Legendary amnesia episode was even worse then I remebered :D I think I have had enough of Miami Vice for now and I will start watching Magnum P.i from the start.

kr2t0s

About to finish up the 3rd season of Whitechapel. Excellent show. Highly recommended for fans of the BBC Sherlock that are looking for something else to scratch that itch. In fact, I think Whitechapel started before Sherlock and some of the same people were on both.

Fry

GAF, does 'Sons of Anarchy' comes off as recommended? How does it compare with the best dramas on TV right now?

TripOpt55

Anyone watch Suburgatory? I caught an episode the other night and enjoyed it. Might try and find a way to watch the first season if it is worth checking out. Any thoughts?

GAF, does 'Sons of Anarchy' comes off as recommended? How does it compare with the best dramas on TV right now?
It occasionally has some problems, but it's highly recommended overall. Like a lot of top tier dramas, it takes some time to pick up momentum, but the back end of S1 and all of S2 are great. Definitely check it out when you have some time. Very well acted, a messed up sense of humor, lots of action, and some fun characters.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
220px-Portlandia_title_card.png

I had seen S1 of Portlandia on Netflix, and I recently decided to watch the second. It's great.

I started watching the show Leverage, it was a "more like what I watch" type of show recommended by Netflix, and I have to say its pretty entertaining. I had never heard of it before Netflix, and i recommend checking out the Pilot!

Fry

It occasionally has some problems, but it's highly recommended overall. Like a lot of top tier dramas, it takes some time to pick up momentum, but the back end of S1 and all of S2 are great. Definitely check it out when you have some time. Very well acted, a messed up sense of humor, lots of action, and some fun characters.

Absolutely. I'm watching it right now (S02E12) and it's top notch stuff.

Thanks guys, sounds like my kind of show.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I started watching the show Leverage, it was a "more like what I watch" type of show recommended by Netflix, and I have to say its pretty entertaining. I had never heard of it before Netflix, and i recommend checking out the Pilot!
Leverage is absolutely amazing. Every episode is basically a complex heist movie like the Oceans series. Show is criminally underrated.

SoA ill have to get back into. i dropped it as soon as Ireland came into play. It became unwatchable for me.

Omzz

In a TV show slump with waiting a week for shows to air. So decided to start up in a new one which I can marathon.

I'm thinking of watching White Collar since I've heard some good things about it. Like to know some opinions of GAF.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
In a TV show slump with waiting a week for shows to air. So decided to start up in a new one which I can marathon.

I'm thinking of watching White Collar since I've heard some good things about it. Like to know some opinions of GAF.
i enjoyed the first season of White Collar. No regrets.

big ander

Anyone watch Suburgatory? I caught an episode the other night and enjoyed it. Might try and find a way to watch the first season if it is worth checking out. Any thoughts?

Great cast and occasionally really great. Still has weak points, but it had a plenty enjoyable first season.

Leverage is absolutely amazing. Every episode is basically a complex heist movie like the Oceans series. Show is criminally underrated.

SoA ill have to get back into. i dropped it as soon as Ireland came into play. It became unwatchable for me.

I have to agree with you on SoA. I loved the first 2 seasons, but by the end of season 3 it really slowed down. Still good, just not as amazing as it first was. The whole Ireland stuff and introduction of new characters really made me lose interest.

I just can't believe how I've never heard ANYTHING about Leverage before this week thanks to Netflix! Crazy! What a hidden gem I discovered.

Mr. F

Banned
Started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia last night (super LTTP) and loving it so far. Powered through the first season in one sitting, easy show to marathon.

Videoneon

Saw a couple of episodes of Anger Management (Charlie Sheen and Friends) and the show sucks. Not funny, supremely predictable, boringly cynical, just no.

I don't watch much TV but some of the USA network fare is nice. White Collar is worth watching.

Agreed on It's Always Sunny.

I used to be a die-hard Lost guy, and since I lived on Hawaii I was lucky as a Lost fan. I went to the S2 premiere on a beach with most of the cast, the general public was invited and it was awesome, but of course the cast were blocked off from us. On a later day there was a separate autograph session. I couldn't keep watching after the third season. I stayed around for the last few episodes of the last season. =\

Mr. F

Banned
Saw a couple of episodes of Anger Management (Charlie Sheen and Friends) and the show sucks. Not funny, supremely predictable, boringly cynical, just no.

I don't watch much TV but some of the USA network fare is nice. White Collar is worth watching.

Agreed on It's Always Sunny.

I used to be a die-hard Lost guy, and since I lived on Hawaii I was lucky as a Lost fan. I went to the S2 premiere on a beach with most of the cast, the general public was invited and it was awesome, but of course the cast were blocked off from us. On a later day there was a separate autograph session. I couldn't keep watching after the third season. I stayed around for the last few episodes of the last season. =\

Biggest mistake.

Season 4 was good, had some of my favourite episodes of the entire series. Season 5 wasn't bad either, but Season 6 was a train wreck from the start. There are a few good episodes, but over all it wastes huge amounts of time on pointless plots, introduces pointless characters, and adds further crap to the mythology that wasn't necessary. It was super frustrating to watch knowing that the end was near when they were wasting episodes on nothing.

I didn't have a huge problem with the ending, but all in all in Season 6 there were far more bad episodes than good ones.

Coen

About to finish up the 3rd season of Whitechapel. Excellent show. Highly recommended for fans of the BBC Sherlock that are looking for something else to scratch that itch. In fact, I think Whitechapel started before Sherlock and some of the same people were on both.

You got my attention. I love Sherlock and have been enjoying Luther and Line of Duty as well. BBC's format of 3-5 longer episodes a season is great.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Burning Love (webseries) on Yahoo! is pretty darn good. It's a spoof/parody of reality shows like The Bachelor. I'm sure it would have been more enjoyable/humorous if I watched those kinds of shows (I don't), but even still, I thought it was pretty great. Definitely a must watch for fans of Children's Hospital and NTSF::SD::SUV.

TCRS

Banned
Finished Sons of Anarchy season 2...

... man, that was not the ending I was expecting. After all the drama all season long I was expecting something satisfying, something punchy. But the ending was anything but satisfying. Gemma on the run, Half-Sack knifed to death, Abel being kidnapped by the Irish.. :( But still brilliant stuff.

Finished Sons of Anarchy season 2...

... man, that was not the ending I was expecting. After all the drama all season long I was expecting something satisfying, something punchy. But the ending was anything but satisfying. Gemma on the run, Half-Sack knifed to death, Abel being kidnapped by the Irish.. :( But still brilliant stuff.

The end of season 3 delivers punchiness in spades! Just a shame about most of the rest of the season..........But what a final episode.

wbsmcs

I don't know what to do Gaf. I have the complete series of The Wire just sitting on my shelf waiting for me to watch it, but I never want to just sit down and start it. For the past couple weeks I've been getting home from work and just plopping myself on the couch while I watch reruns of HIMYM, Two and a Half Men, and BBT while surfing Gaf. Need to get out of this rut somehow.

The end of season 3 delivers punchiness in spades! Just a shame about most of the rest of the season..........But what a final episode.

Totally agree. And season 4 is also fairly slow because it is building towards something insane, and I hope will be freaking amazing in season 5. The "slow" episodes are still worth experiencing, especially if you've invested so much time in the series... just have a laptop nearby to multitask :p

i stopped watching Chuck after season 2...should i finish it? did it end well? i enjoyed it while i watched it, i am wondering what to watch now after finishing The Wire, Mad Men and Breaking Bad, Chuck is definitely not at that level.

I know that the ending to S2 is incredible and you're like "I HAVE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT" but honestly it never is as good...

TripOpt55

I've been flipping between rewatching Season 1 of Fringe and Season 1 of The X-Files. Been forever since I watched The X-Files. So I don't remember it very well, so it is kind of new-ish for me. I've been enjoying it.

Fry

OK, so I got room for one more show. But only one. I gathered some, now I have to choose between these three:

Boardwalk Empire
Luther
Boss

Which one falls in the category 'must watch' the most?

Decado

OK, so I got room for one more show. But only one. I gathered some, now I have to choose between these three:

Boardwalk Empire
Luther
Boss

Boardwalk Empire is easily the most ambitious. I'd say that. Luther has a lot of fans, though, and moves along at a better clip.

Boardwalk Empire
Luther
Boss

it would be between Luther and Boardwalk Empire-both are excellent-there are far fewer episodes of Luther if that helps you make up your mind. I think only 6 or 8 in the first season and then the second season consists of two 2 hour long episodes.

zero_suit

Boardwalk Empire
Luther
Boss

Boardwalk is probably the best show, but I'm sure you can squeeze in Luther first. After all, it only has 10 episodes.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
250px-TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg

I started watching this last year, but stopped and started again recently. I finished it today, and overall it's an alright show.

I did notice it became a bit fragmented after
the murderer was found
. I think the show should have continued with 13-episode format. It would have worked best.

Only show I follow is Supernatural. I don't watch tv that often anymore, my friends always want to play Xbox, LoL or Minecraft. I can't wait for the next season of Supernatural it looks like it's going to be really interesting.

An-Det

I blasted through the second half of Fringe Season 1 yesterday and started Season 2 today. Loving the show, really glad they added it to Prime instant streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom