• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

I think the soot men might be lesser spirits of sort. People like Bob are like the gods of the Black Lodge in comparison. This is why the soot men appeared once Mr. C was shot so they can save Bob.

Saw a Reddit comment get at the same idea, that entities like BOB and MIKE meet "above" the convenience store and the hobos mill around outside it.

No way. Again, Coop's body came out of the lodge physically. They aren't going to body swap.

like anyone could even fucking pretend to guess.

maybe body is just Doop, or its totally bob now.

Kyle playing Bob would be interesting.

Frank Silva in this would have been so awesome, such a shame.

Joqu

No way. Again, Coop's body came out of the lodge physically. They aren't going to body swap.

like anyone could even fucking pretend to guess.

dougie coop is going to choke on his sandwich at the start of the next episode and it'll conveniently take place at the same time doop got shot with a swap as the result

I don't really think they have swapped, too much unresolved Dougie stuff. But I also don't understand why doppel Coop would get back up, he had seemed pretty mortal so far...

Ashby

I like that the Giant is basically the closest thing to a Protector God that exists in this universe. He was always the least morally ambivalent Lodge denizen so it makes sense.

I immediately assumed the soot hobos were basically lesser demons. Possibly because they bizarrely reminded me of the shadow devils that dragged people to hell in Ghost, ha ha.

grumpy

I immediately assumed the soot hobos were basically lesser demons. Possibly because they bizarrely reminded me of the shadow devils that dragged people to hell in Ghost, ha ha.

Yeah. When they appeared to "resurrect" (?) Booper I immediately thought of them as Hell's Oompa Loompas.

That atom bomb imagery combined with the shrieking music sting...

s84XZhw.jpg

I now want David Lynch to direct live action Eva ,-,

Only problem with this 9pm on Sunday thing is in get fuck all sleep even when the show is terrifying because it's all rattling around inside my brain.

Time for bed!

You do realize that without the original series, you wouldn't be watching this right now?

There's a reason Twin Peaks garnered a huge cult following for over 25 years. There's a reason fans begged him to return.

As one of those fans, I'm pretty disappointed so far. I can appreciate this for what it is, but a continuation of "Twin Peaks" it is not.

This is what sucks if you liked TP and even had hope it would be continued beyond this season. The show's ratings are already abysmal and episodes like this should worry you that more people will give up on watching. What incentive does Showtime have to make more Twin Peaks at this point? It was already a big risk for them as it is.

LaneDS

I expected the boy walking the girl home to become the host to Bob, and now I'm wondering if she'll give it back to him. Given that was the 50s, it could work time wise with how old Bob appears in the original series but I'm remembering Leland talking about seeing Bob, as we always see him, when he was just a boy.

So as usual, who knows?

Loved that episode though.

This is what sucks if you liked TP and even had hope it would be continued beyond this season. The show's ratings are already abysmal and episodes like this should worry you that more people will give up on watching. What incentive does Showtime have to make more Twin Peaks at this point? It was already a big risk for them as it is.

Live ratings don't mean much anymore when channels sell their own streaming services (which is where everyone is watching this anyway). Streaming ratings are pretty solid and increasing every day.

Who cares?

This was never about relaunching the show.

This is the most creative and artistic drama that has ever aired on TV. A show that worries about ratings could never come close.

What we just shared is worth so much more than an audience friendly Twin Peaks reunion lasting multiple seasons.

The last thing I saw on TV that effected me this much was probably Ghostwatch.

TV just doesn't do what this does.

Like, never. Ever. Ever ever.

If you want something safe, then I hear Riverdale is legitimately brilliant and very Twin Peaks.

This is worth so much more than a few more hours of what we got back in the 90s.

They had record breaking signups for the show. And by all accounts the streaming numbers are much bigger compared to what Nielsen reports. Plus Showtime sold it into international markets. It's probably already paid for itself.

But it sounds like Lynch/Frost finally got to finish telling the story they started 27 years ago. Another season won't be necessary. It's icing on the cake at this point. If this uncompromised seasons means no more Twin Peaks, so be it. I'd rather have that then a compromised Twin Peaks lurching on indefinitely.

I love, love, loved this episode, but god I wish the imagery was more interesting. A generic swirling vortex doesn't make me feel anything. I got more feeling out of those ancient Windows screensavers with the procedurally generated pipes.

The mosquito frog slowly crawling through the sand was PERFECT, though.

I guess they'll have to settle for the most talked about episode of television in human history.

Live ratings don't mean much anymore when channels sell their own streaming services (which is where everyone is watching this anyway). Streaming ratings are pretty solid and increasing every day.

I'd like to see some further numbers on this because people say ratings don't matter and it's all about streaming, but you can stream the 90 other shows that beat Twin Peaks in the live ratings too.

What is the ratio of streaming TP viewers compared to a typical live Sunday night audience and how does it really make up for it?

3rdman

I expected the boy walking the girl home to become the host to Bob, and now I'm wondering if she'll give it back to him. Given that was the 50s, it could work time wise with how old Bob appears in the original series but I'm remembering Leland talking about seeing Bob, as we always see him, when he was just a boy.

So as usual, who knows?

Loved that episode though.
The bug is not Bob... It was birthed by the egg that the giant created. Basically Laura is a creation of the white lodge (?) sent to fight Bob. I think...maybe...

BADMAN

As far as I know all of the episodes are finished. Even if 1/10th of the expected audience was watching they would be fools to pull the plug when the content is done and payed for. Besides, Showtime got what they wanted when they broke their streaming record.

Who cares?

This was never about relaunching the show.

This is the most creative and artistic drama that has ever aired on TV. A show that worries about ratings could never come close.

What we just shared is worth so much more than an audience friendly Twin Peaks reunion lasting multiple seasons.

The last thing I saw on TV that effected me this much was probably Ghostwatch.

TV just doesn't do what this does.

Like, never. Ever. Ever ever.

If you want something safe, then I hear Riverdale is legitimately brilliant and very Twin Peaks.

This is worth so much more than a few more hours of what we got back in the 90s.
I'm totally with you on this. The people that view success on ratings, and 'how many more seasons we're gonna get', are largely looking past the point.

As far as I know all of the episodes are finished. Even if 1/10th of the expected audience was watching they would be fools to pull the plug when the content is done and payed for. Besides, Showtime got what they wanted when they broke their streaming record.
Finished. Edited. Scored. 100% done. This was always billed as a complete stand alone thing.

I'd like to see some further numbers on this because people say ratings don't matter and it's all about streaming, but you can stream the 90 other shows that beat Twin Peaks in the live ratings too.

What is the ratio of streaming TP viewers compared to a typical live Sunday night audience and how does it really make up for it?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthu...ctually-good?utm_term=.gexDaWMOx2#.ivj2BLyX4v

This article is pretty good at addressing things. The premiere had 506,000 viewers live, but 3.1 million viewers on streaming.

LaneDS

The bug is not Bob... It was birthed by the egg that the giant created. Basically Laura is a creation of the white lodge (?) sent to fight Bob. I think...maybe...

I'm pretty sure that was Bob and we didn't see where the gold egg ended up. I don't see the soot boys helping get Laura into this world, for example.

But maybe! I say little with confidence when it comes to discussing this show.

Flipyap

It's Experiment-chan who threw up a whole bunch of those eggs along with Bob's Space Placenta (can't decide if that's my new band or restaurant).

BADMAN

I think my other post got buried but I would like to re-bring up the fact that the guy playing the Woodsman is a known Abe Lincoln impersonator. Casting Robert Broski as the woodsman was a very purposeful choice. Also the penny thing. No idea what to make of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom