• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Sera

MIKE is a wolf in sheep's clothing
mike has always been a wolf
who has been de-toothed and missing one paw
the problem was cooper and the gang mistook him for a hunting dog, not a sheep

I'm beginning to think its more likely that bugfrog is MIKE than BOB tho, giving BOB possessed Leland from childhood

I have a feeling next week we get back Dale and things start to accelerate. But I also think that things are going to get much wilder and more apocalyptic. At this point, I expect the finale to not work out well for humanity at all.

It'll happen at some point, but why people keep setting themselves up for disappointment I'm not sure.

A lot of people were saying that before Part 8.

Jb

tumblr_orv44skGsd1s86mfwo2_500.gif

The background. CONSPIRACY.

Wait, was Gordon actually whistling Rammstein in this scene or is it a joke?

PolishQ

Actually whistling Rammstein.

Well, that's the fan consensus but it's not officially confirmed. But it does sound like Rammstein's "Engel", it makes sense thematically with the whole angel thing, and Lynch used Rammstein on the Lost Highway soundtrack, so it's possible.

Futureman

The only thing that I thought was maybe too weird last night was the Convenience Store part. Any speculation on that? I guess it was mainly the editing and sound design.

hydruxo

The only thing that I thought was maybe too weird last night was the Convenience Store part. Any speculation on that? I guess it was mainly the editing and sound design.

I assumed it was all the soot hobos gathering together so that they could cross over to our world when the atomic bomb went off

Charamiwa

Banned

The Convenience Store was said to be the place where all the "spirits" have meetings. We see one of those in FWWM. I guess this scene shows all the spirits flocking to it for the first time after the nuclear blast.

The image gave me goosebumps. I always loved the idea of a dark place "above a convenience store", there's something so mundane yet creepy about it. To see it in this context last night was like a fanboy orgasm.

The Lodge spirits are said to live in a room above the convenience store.

I wish Lynch had done something more interesting with that part, though. At least have something spooky appear in the windows or have the building get an addition built on or part of it torn down or something.

Levito

Banned
Agreed. Still doesn't help FWWM's case or this season's either. This is now the polar opposite of that issue. Don't you at least think season 1 balanced that better than any of FWWM, S2, or the Return. If not, I think you prefer Lynch's other work, which is great! I do love his other stuff as well. But when you are watching with others that come from the mindset of liking TP but not Lynch's other works, you cannot help but feel for them but again, this is Lynch's wild ride and I will see to it to the end. At least a good portion of folks online are liking it. Maybe someone from TP will win an Emmy or something. Who knows. It's the double-edged sword that is art.

I honestly don't begrudge people for disliking FWWM or Season 3 at all, my inital post was from my pov, and why I like the new season.

Kadayi

Banned
Wow, that was intense. I think as far as origin stories go I think it was pretty good and made some sense, bar the convenience store sequence*, what I really want to know is how we arrive at the Bob/Leland.

Also, I'm curious if the Soot hobos removed Bob, and if so whether that means Evil Coop's powers have been diminished to some degree.

*I wonder if maybe the Soot Hobos are somehow revenants of homeless dudes who died in the atomic blast, and they've become thralls to the black lodge in some fashion.

Slaythe

Oh wooooow I never caught Kafka.........

I guess the metamorphosis and turning into an insect makes......... what happened today even more intriguing.

So we have Kafka and an atomic blast in the same room........................

Has anyone pointed out what the burnt piece of flesh from the gun in the previous episode is? Did it happen because Coop came in contact with the assassin's hand?

Maybe it's a substance similar to the one found in the Buckhorn principal's trunk at the end of episode one.

Has anyone pointed out what the burnt piece of flesh from the gun in the previous episode is? Did it happen because Coop came in contact with the assassin's hand?

Maybe it's a substance similar to the one found in the Buckhorn principal's trunk at the end of episode one.

It's a chunk of Ike's hand. The tree was telling Dougie to "squeeze his hand off". If you slow down the scene when he lets go of the gun you can see a chunk of his palm is missing.

It was several episodes spanning and was only one of a few terrible sub plots. The show went from soap opera parody to just a soap opera. Season 2 is a mess, again cause fans thought they wanted something, and that caved killed the series.

I laugh at this modern re-interpretation of Twin Peaks. 'soap opera parody'.

It always was intended to be a real soap opera, about the lives of the inhabitants of Twin Peaks. A weird eclectic soap opera where you also had more elements like horror, mystery, surreal comedy, etc, yeah, but still the 'soap opera' component was real.

Now people comes and say "no, you see, it's was a subtle parody, my quality Twin Peaks couldn't be a soap opera, like other shitty soap operas", or "it was post-modern soap opera, Lynch was operating at deep levels here! have you seen Eraserhead?" or "it was a deconstruction of soap opera!". Yeah right.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Had a heart pounding dream last night. Mundane in parts but there was a sort terrifying sequence where all the doors in an off white colored kitchen started closing by themselves. None of the doors had knobs from the inside out. Was jolted awake when the last door closed on me before I could get out. Had that same sort of creeping dread you'd get with those Lynch slow zooms.

I don't have nightmares that often. Last nights episode triggered me.

Moff

Deep down I always knew Trent Reznor would be in the best episode.

Again, I could never have imagined Season 3 to be that good, as a fan of Lost Highway and Eraserhead it's jut pure bliss. The nuke montage was incredible and hopefully puts everyone to rest who argued the poor sfx in the past were not intentional.

Maligna

Banned
Deep down I always knew Trent Reznor would be in the best episode.

Again, I could never have imagined Season 3 to be that good, as a fan of Lost Highway and Eraserhead it's jut pure bliss. The nuke montage was incredible and hopefully puts everyone to rest who argued the poor sfx in the past were not intentional.

Intentional or not, it made them less enjoyable for myself and others.

Levito

Banned

There was literally a soap opera in Twin Peaks called "Invitation To Love" and the characters in it mirrored the characters in Twin Peaks. It was really over the top and deliberate, friend. lol

HotHamBoy

The Simpsons is just as much a show about the town of Springfield in which The Simpsons live.

Twin Peaks is greater than the town of Twin Peaks, but that town is connected to everything.

It always was intended to be a real soap opera, about the lives of the inhabitants of Twin Peaks. A weird eclectic soap opera where you also had more elements like horror, mystery, surreal comedy, etc, yeah, but still the 'soap opera' component was real.

Now people comes and say "no, you see, it's was a subtle parody, my quality Twin Peaks couldn't be a soap opera, like other shitty soap operas", or "it was post-modern soap opera, Lynch was operating at deep levels here! have you seen Eraserhead?" or "it was a deconstruction of soap opera!". Yeah right.

It was always an homage to classic soap operas, in many ways a satire.

Ya goof.

The nuke montage was incredible and hopefully puts everyone to rest who argued the poor sfx in the past were not intentional.

It's still perfectly possible they weren't intentional. Or that the finite resources meant what they wanted could not be achieved so they just went full ridiculous for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom