• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
I bet this is "rapturous moment" Kyle was talking about in the SDCC panel where belushi ad libbed a line and was rebuked by Lynch.

So we're still awaiting an eventual Audrey appearance. I can't remember, has Big Ed shown up for a small scene earlier? Are those the only two old confirmed cast still missing?

Linkin112

So we're still awaiting an eventual Audrey appearance. I can't remember, has Big Ed shown up for a small scene earlier? Are those the only two old confirmed cast still missing?
I believe so. I wonder if we're gonna ever see James again lol? Or was the "James was always cool" scene all we're getting.

Yeah I believe they are the only two confirmed that haven't shown up yet

I'm guessing the reveal will be amazing. Like, maybe when real Coop finally awakens, he will visit Audrey and she'll wake up miraculously or something

oh give me a break. wing wang? are you 12?

she was a teenager trying to act like an adult, the entire show.

She was an adult acting like a teenager.

And you've got to have your head in the sand to think people weren't (and aren't still)obsessed with her. Many many many people thought she was very very hot. Even if she isn't your type or whatever. She was many people's type.

And in 1992? When I first saw Audrey in Twin Peaks? I was twelve.

smisk

Just watched last nights episode and fuck... This might be up there with my favorite of the series. It was pure Lynch. Especially the scene with the diner getting shot up, that was honestly one of the most unsettling sequences I've ever seen.

Chitown B

She was an adult acting like a teenager.

And you've got to have your head in the sand to think people weren't (and aren't still)obsessed with her. Many many many people thought she was very very hot. Even if she isn't your type or whatever. She was many people's type.

And in 1992? When I first saw Audrey in Twin Peaks? I was twelve.

her character was a teen

never said she wasn't anyone's type

your comment "wing wang" was a 12 year old comment.

All that amazing stuff that happened in that episode and yet all I can think of is the possibility that Candy might actually be Annie...

Why? Heather Graham isn't exactly busy these days, and she said they never asked her.

It just feels like Frost, in particular, isn't a fan of Annie, since he changed her background in the Secret History.

Levito

Banned
wait. what

The contrast between Dougie and Candy near the end of the episode, they both have the same mannerisms. She seems to be in the same post-black lodge trance as him, it's implied anyways.

Obviously it's just speculation, but a lot of folks are theorizing Candy is either Annie, Laura, or just a lodge spirit(like the old man in season 1/2 that brought Cooper warm milk). We don't know the status of Annie at all really.

Either way there's something going on with Candy, there's a lot of attention drawn to her in all the Mitchum brothers scenes.

Why? Heather Graham isn't exactly busy these days, and she said they never asked her.

It just feels like Frost, in particular, isn't a fan of Annie, since he changed her background in the Secret History.

Annie has already been mentioned when they found the missing pages of Laura's diary, so it's not like she's been tossed out of the story like Donna has. Who knows! I just can't help but think they were heavily alluding that Candy is the same as Dougie last night.

Kelsdesu

The contrast between Dougie and Candy near the end of the episode, they both have the same mannerisms. She seems to be in the same post-black lodge trance as him, it's implied anyways.

Obviously it's just speculation, but a lot of folks are theorizing Candy is either Annie, Laura, or just a lodge spirit(like the old man in season 1/2 that brought Cooper warm milk). We don't know the status of Annie at all really.

Either way there's something going on with Candy, there's a lot of attention drawn to her in all the Mitchum brothers scenes.

Annie has already been mentioned when they found the missing pages of Laura's diary, so it's not like she's been tossed out of the story like Donna has. Who knows! I just can't help but think they were heavily alluding that Candy is the same as Dougie last night.

Wait wait.. Who was Annie? Im not sure, but I think my mind has been blown.

Levito

Banned
Wait wait.. Who was Annie? Im not sure, but I think my mind has been blown.

Annie Blackburn, the girl from season 2 who worked in the RR diner and had a thing with Cooper. Windom Earle kindnapped her and brought her into the black lodge with him, which is why Cooper went into the black lodge and why we are seeing the events of this new season.

It's been a fan theory for yeeeeeeeeearrs that Annie was just a lodge spirit meant to pull Coop in. So that'd be BANANAS if Candy was Annie in some form.

Kelsdesu

Norma's sister in season 2. The one that Cooper was seeing.

Annie Blackburn, the girl from season 2 who worked in the RR diner and had a thing with Cooper. Windom Earle kindnapped her and brought her into the black lodge with him, which is why Cooper went into the black lodge and why we are seeing the events of this new season.

It's been a fan theory for yeeeeeeeeearrs that Annie was just a lodge spirit meant to pull Coop in. So that'd be BANANAS if Candy was Annie in some form.

M I N D B L O W N.

I need this to be true.

chekhonte

The scene where the kid shoots at the RR diner and it flips into a police procedural with the woman honking made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a very long time. How lynch can flip the familiar and well worth paths in tv and cinema oh its head just gets me every time.

Moff

Dana Ashbrook has a really good look. I am glad he is one of the few classic characters they gave something to do.

It's the little things Lynch does that creep me out, like the way this kid's standing. There's just something off about it. The closest thing I can think of is lucid dreaming, where you're in a situation that feels totally real until you come across something so minor and insignificant that tips you off and ends up freaking you out.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
WOW.

Big Ed.

Naomi Watts confused about being in Inland Empre.

Don Murray is the sweetest old man and I love that he says this was the most fun set he's ever been on.

It was a great interview. And in Naomi Watt's defense, Rabbit's originally wasn't Inland Empire but something else just was later part of Inland Empire, so her confusion is a bit understandable.

dlauv

That episode made me feel things. Really creepy in spite of the bad digital effects.

The latter half was so touching.

It feels like things are coming together.

7 more hours to go.

Lach

It's the little things Lynch does that creep me out, like the way this kid's standing. There's just something off about it. The closest thing I can think of is lucid dreaming, where you're in a situation that feels totally real until you come across something so minor and insignificant that tips you off and ends up freaking you out.

That whole scene was creepy as fuck. With the honking woman in the car and her passenger....wtf was that.
I was actually kind of relieved when Bobby showed a freaked out reaction to the kid.

It's a good attention to detail, and it transmits what Bobby was thinking at the moment. Basically, that the parents were freaking out while the kid wasn't affected in the slightest, and this perplexed him.

Then of course as a viewer you can relate it to other parts of the show. I personally saw it as how the new generation (and new characters, regardless of age) of Twin Peaks are subverting the authority and wisdom of the past generation. Such as Diane not giving a damn about anything, Becky and her husband's run in with the law, Chad not showing any compassion for his fellow deputies, etc. This represents what we as viewers feel with the show, what with the warmth of the town of Twin Peaks missing.

Buuuut that could be a result of me watching the show high and reaching for meaning. (It probably is).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So about that interview, the interviewer asks towards the end about Cooper coming back, and the actors for Bobby (Dana), James (James), Everett (Big Ed), and Cooper (Kyle) especially seem to react like, "Oh I can't say...".

I recalled James had said his role in Season 3 was small but significant, could it fucking be it's James that brings Cooper back? XDDD

Vectorman

Banned
Donna Hayward's little sis being wrapped up in all of this means Donna has to be around right? Maybe another scene with Doc Hayward perhaps?

Btw, just rewatched the episode...I like it even more now.

I can't imagine it will.

I think there's lot of clues in the ladies rant - it was so out there that it had to be important. I can't remember the wording exactly (I'll try to track it down) but I got these ideas from it:

"We're going to be late, it's already after 6 30" - Around the table the conversation is lively
"She hasn't seen her uncle" - Bob's your uncle (can't remember if the child was a boy or a girl, so much sweat and vomit!).

HotHamBoy

So the only people to not have showed up yet are Sarah Palmer, Big Ed, and Audrey. Is there any im missing?

Sarah Palmer did show up. She was watching those lions eat that water buffalo.

I could swear Ed had a scene but now I'm not sure.

I mean, there's Leo...

Honestly Harry Truman feels like the biggest absence, even though Donna and Audrey had such big presence in the show.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What if the reason James is off is because he's in a similar state to Cooper?

What if we get James back but not Coop?

WriterGK

She was never part of Twin Peaks.

Reprising a role always gets you more money than getting a first role.

It's preposterous to expect anyone to be paid as much as Kyle, and I don't like how you tried to push the "male female" salary discrepancy by using him, since it's rather obvious nobody would match him, regardless of gender.

It would be more interesting to ask about Dana and Madchen, for instance, that are both returning and have similarly sized roles.

Well yeah in my first post I also mentioned Madchen Amick. So does anybody know her Salary ;)?

That endless horn and the tone of the gibberish by the lady in the car that followed was uncomfortable and unsettling. The sound design of Lynch's works is always something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom