• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joqu

I've been really into David Lynch's taste in music too. I would've never discovered the Chromatics without that roadhouse performance and I fucking love them.

Ah, damn, haven't seen the original seasons in years, had completely suppressed that.

Nah. Really bad music. There was one that was semi-decent, but no idea who it was.

As someone with a Peaks avatar and an NIN song for a name, I feel a little upset by your displeasure with "The" Nine Inch Nails.

But maybe, just this once, I'll forgive you and forget about it. And then perhaps...

We can go strolling.

Oh oh oh.

Just you.

And IIIIIIIII.

Joke right? All 3 are critically acclaimed well liked bands. I mean who doesn't like James Hurley?

FTFY.

And the answer is nobody. Because James is cool.

He was always cool.

Second screen, it's from the roadhouse scene but shows a part of it that alludes to something potentially big you (and maybe I) wouldn't want to know before seeing the episode if it's true: https://i.gyazo.com/930f869587e2c1ec2cd79bde2045cfe5.png

But all I'll look at and post, going to avoid any more spoilers.
"In memory of" is not the same as him starring, and I would think such a bombshell would've made the "no hard spoilers" vague recaps that I've read, if only in the form of "A MAJOR CAMEO TAKES PLACE." I have a tiny glimmer of hope but... Being real, the timing just wasn't right. It's too bad, but the nods to the character and this mention are probably all we're getting. :(

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Joke right? All 3 are critically acclaimed well liked bands. I mean who doesn't like the Chromatics?

Don't know who that is, sorry. Maybe it was the one I found not that terrible? But NIN I'll never understand. Just so bad.

(I'm a prog rock/metal guy though, so this isn't very surprising.)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
To clarify the spoiler, someone on Reddit saw the episode and says

It's stock footage from FWWM and not a proper cameo per say.

Moff

David Lynch has an impeccable taste in music, all his movies are full of wonderful tracks.
The roadhouse outros are no exception, I think in the 13 episodes so far there was only one I did not like and that was the one last week. And yes, even the James song this week was good and it really fit. Fuck the haters.

Don't know who that is, sorry. Maybe it was the one I found not that terrible? But NIN I'll never understand. Just so bad.

(I'm a prog rock/metal guy though, so this isn't very surprising.)

plenty of progrock metal guys like nine inch nails, me included. it's really not on the other end of the music spectrum.

"In memory of" is not the same as him starring, and I would think such a bombshell would've made the "no hard spoilers" vague recaps that I've read, if only in the form of "A MAJOR CAMEO TAKES PLACE." I have a tiny glimmer of hope but... Being real, the timing just wasn't right. It's too bad, but the nods to the character and this mention are probably all we're getting. :(

I'm thinking we may get
a Major Briggs-esque dreamscape that he features in, or even the style of BOB.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Spoiler talk for Part 14, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled:
My guess is that they might do something like they did with Major Briggs and BOB in this season so far, as both actors have had "in memory of" sequences as well, but even then it still means there's something with him next episode which I find exciting.

But I'm not reading any more spoilers, I'm dedicated to that. Hearing several people who saw the episode say it's very good and people reading plot points being excited, I think it's best if I go in not knowing anything more.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As someone with a Peaks avatar and an NIN song for a name, I feel a little upset by your displeasure with "The" Nine Inch Nails.

But maybe, just this once, I'll forgive you and forget about it. And then perhaps...

We can go strolling.

Oh oh oh.

Just you.

And IIIIIIIII.

FTFY.

And the answer is nobody. Because James is cool.

He was always cool.

Oh, I like James. Just not that... noise that happened there.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
David Lynch has an impeccable taste in music, all his movies are full of wonderful tracks.
The roadhouse outros are no exception, I think in the 13 episodes so far there was only one I did not like and that was the one last week. And yes, even the James song this week was good and it really fit. Fuck the haters.

plenty of progrock metal guys like nine inch nails, me included. it's really not on the other end of the music spectrum.

Maybe it did "fit" into the marathon of weirdness this show is (which I love), but good it was not.

I certainly won't claim to have a super deep knowledge about NIN, but what I have heard is not something I'd expect anyone who's really into proper prog to like very much. Especially that thing they did on the show. What a dreary, monotonous piece of noise that was. I think the entire thing had all of one chord?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fuck it, I went and read some of the posts of the dude who saw the episode and brought attention to it on Reddit.

Jesus fuck.

Maybe it did "fit" into the marathon of weirdness this show is (which I love), but good it was not.

I certainly won't claim to have a super deep knowledge about NIN, but what I have heard is not something I'd expect anyone who's really into proper prog to like very much. Especially that thing they did on the show. What a dreary, monotonous piece of noise that was. I think the entire thing had all of one chord?

NIN has never been regarded as a prog band.

What is proper prog? Rush?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh wait I didn't want full spoilers. Holy shit I read the first one.

Didn't see the rest.

Just tell me if the credits message meant that...
you know who is back.

Shit I'll edit.

Stock footage from FWWM only, sadly.

big ander

more chords=better music

Have whatever music taste you wanna have it's whatever but still narrow prog/metal people should realize that to the majority of listeners their music taste is uh really awful

Levito

Banned
Ooof now I really wish I'd just stayed out of the thread... I thought that explanation was going to be about the picture.

God damn it

Ugh. I really hope episode 14 gets posted somewhere so we don't have to deal with a week of "Holy shit! It's mind blowing that
blahblahblahblah
!" and "I can't believe that
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
finally paid off."

To spend weeks watching halfway decent episodes just to have the major developments spoiled in text form seems like a phenomenal waste.

Slaythe

Shit I'll edit.

Stock footage from FWWM only, sadly.

sad-batman-original.gif

And my heart shall never recover.

Thanks for avoiding us from feeling the biggest let down of the decade.

g11

Since I don't want to engage with the spoiler discussion and the other discussion going on right now is Twin Peaks and music, am I crazy or does The Weeknd's "The Hills" sample the Laura Palmer scream? I've thought that was the case almost since the first time I heard the song like 2 years ago, but I've never found any kind of confirmation or even discussion about it anywhere except one post on reddit that was inconclusive.

The Hills - https://youtu.be/yzTuBuRdAyA?t=40s

The Scream - https://youtu.be/KlIlWsQ2FEk?t=48s

Maybe I'm just hearing things. Then again, El-P did sample FWWM at the beginning of Tasmanian Pain Coaster

Joqu

Dick is the mastermind behind everything(he's the experiment), he put Annie's soul into Candie. Nadine challenges Mr. C to an arm wrestling contest and starches him.

Beautiful. I always suspected Dick was a being of supernatural nature, but I never dared to dream he was such a magnificent one at that. :')

Though I didn't ask for the Nadine spoilers, you fuck.

So, guys, that spoiler image Dusk upped here. How spoilery is it? Scale of 1 to fucking 10?

Just avoid them all. I'm spoiled to buggery at this point, and this seems like the last episode you'd want to be leaked.

Try and keep yourself clean man.

DON'T TAKE THE RING.
Since I don't want to engage with the spoiler discussion and the other discussion going on right now is Twin Peaks and music, am I crazy or does The Weeknd's "The Hills" sample the Laura Palmer scream? I've thought that was the case almost since the first time I heard the song like 2 years ago, but I've never found any kind of confirmation or even discussion about it anywhere except one post on reddit that was inconclusive.

The Hills - https://youtu.be/yzTuBuRdAyA?t=40s

The Scream - https://youtu.be/KlIlWsQ2FEk?t=48s

Maybe I'm just hearing things. Then again, El-P did sample FWWM at the beginning of Tasmanian Pain Coaster

Fantomas's cover of the FWWM theme samples the scream and makes an arpeggio out of it. DJ Shadow's Endtroducing closes with The Giant saying 'It is happening again"

JESUS FUCK I'VE SEEN THAT SCENE SO MANY TIMES (S2 FINALE - MY AVATAR) AND NEVER NOTICED SUBLIMINAL SCARY WYNDOM. CANNOT UNSEE. CALL FOR HELP

g11

Fantomas's cover of the FWWM theme samples the scream and makes an arpeggio out of it. DJ Shadow's Endtroducing closes with The Giant saying 'It is happening again"

JESUS FUCK I'VE SEEN THAT SCENE SO MANY TIMES (S2 FINALE - MY AVATAR) AND NEVER NOTICED SUBLIMINAL SCARY WYNDOM. CANNOT UNSEE. CALL FOR HELP

Yeah in fact I was a fan of Shadow before Twin Peaks so I heard that back in the day and was like "what the hell is this?" and when I looked it up I was like "What the hell is Twin Peaks?" Oh how young and naive I was.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong about that last part.

If you haven't looked at the spoilers I just want you to know that you'll probably regret it. I've got two things spoiled for me and I can already tell that this is no episode 12 situation.

Now imagine me yelling that in Mike's voice. "You stole the corn! Don't look at the black bars!"

Yeah in fact I was a fan of Shadow before Twin Peaks so I heard that back in the day and was like "what the hell is this?" and when I looked it up I was like "What the hell is Twin Peaks?" Oh how young and naive I was.

I don't know that I've noticed that Windom Earle thing before either. Its funny how much stuff just slips by even when you're paying attention. I just recently noticed the sign Laura makes with her hand in the Red Room is the same "go down on me now" sign she gives to Buck in FWWM...which is weird.

She probably got a peek of Coop's abs and found it hard to control her carnal desires.

Just had to grab this. Sleep tight y'all

pxZmgys.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom