• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
c81c88a68e1b4f2ac459e26433e7cb7a.gif

Sweet dreams, everyone...

Flipyap

I will also say this: In many ways this feels more like Lynch: The Lynch than Twin Peaks, like the tone is quite different from Twin Peaks so far. There's still Twin Peaks in there, certainly. It poked its head out several times. And it continues the story and lore. But the way it's executed makes this in many ways feel less like a direct Twin Peaks Season 3 and it feels more like a sequel to every work Lynch has produced. It's very hard to describe, but I hope what I'm saying makes sense.
More than a sequel to anything, it feels like his personal art project. It looks and sounds like it crawled straight out of early 2000s' davidlynch.com
I was prepared for the unexpected and I somehow still managed to not expect THIS.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the parts is a weather report.

bleaker

EP 3:
Its not about the bunny! Is it about the bunny? No, its not about the bunny.
Okay, that might have been the most pure Twin Peaks moment we've gotten so far. (Not that I'm complaining about the new episodes, they are fantastic.)

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Whaaaa?! I just looked after the episode and didn't see them...

ETA: still just part 1...

All four are there. I'm watching part 3 on it now.

They have a big banner when you log in and it should take you to the listing.

Lynch doesn't give a crap about mainstrain TV and is like I am just going to do my weird shit. What eva, I do what I want. F- it!

I am loving every minute of it.

SArcher

Banned
Watched the first episode and I'm not digging it. It's even more far-removed from the original show than FWWM was. Think I'm just gonna re-watch the original show instead.

the first 15 minutes of episode 3 is just

did nobody see what lynch was doing? like nobody walked in and said "what the fuck" they just let him go on doing eraserhead tier stuff for FIFTEEN MINUTES

Is there any way to hear the remastered version of the FULL theme song?

I'm starting episode 4 and every time it stops short I wish it kept playing...

IronRinn

Episode 3 was great, too. Fuck, I am so fucking happy.

Gonna leave episode four for tomorrow. Gotta sleep.

It's back, you guys! And it's fucking awesome.

BADMAN

the first 15 minutes of episode 3 is just

did nobody see what lynch was doing? like nobody walked in and said "what the fuck" they just let him go on doing eraserhead tier stuff for FIFTEEN MINUTES

I feel like Mark Frost just said fuck it for 75% of the script and just let Lynch do whatever. Thankfully it's Lynch at his best.

Watched the 1st 2 episodes. I almost want to cry at how happy I am. Lynch is still a fucking master. 2nd episode in particular was the most abstract tv show episode I've ever seen and I loved it. If it continues like this it's going to be legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom